Transformers Universe Prowl - Worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundwaave, May 9, 2009.

1. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I picked up Prowl some time ago. I was a little bit underwhelmed due to somewhat off proportions (no matter how I look at him, the lower legs look really short, despite the actual knee being higher up than the shin) and his inability to stand easily. Then i found out the other day that his feet actually extend past his shins. The fact that both the instructions and official photos don't reflect this really didn't help. Now I find Prowl to be overall a better figure. He still has his problems, like the tricky door transformation and the long neck and low shoulders, but he's a nice figure.

And thanks in part to David Willis, I improved Prowl a bit with my recent purchase of Smokescreen by swapping their missiles and upper legs. Prowl really needed the gray. It adds a little bit of contrast against the white and black.

2. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah, he is definitely worth it

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I said this to someone asking about Previews Soundwave:

If you have to ask, don't get him.

4. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^I'm sorry, but that's not really good advice IMHO. It never hurts to ask, that's part of what these boards are about; Feedback and advice. I've asked people for their opinions on some stuff, and I've been, for the most part, all the better because of it. Didn't care much for Animated Sentinel Prime, but I was told by many he's good, and so I got one. He's only of my fav's from the Animated line now.

As far as Prowl goes, yeah, I would recommend getting him. He got a bad rep for his door paint issues, but frankly, I think that is hit or miss. Mine has no such issues. Universe Prowl is not exactly the "crown jewel" of the line, but he's no Galvatron either. Aside from his tricky door/fender panels, he's pretty decent, and goes well with Silverstreak and Smokescreen if you have either/both of them or plan to get them.

Adding a little bit of silver paint to his shoulder rockets really does help make the figure look better, and maybe a few reprolabel stickers here and there. But even without that, he's not a bad figure. Not something I would play with though, due to his danged door/fender panels. They're on ball joints, so they can always be re-attached if they pop off.

5. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

yes

6. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Damnit.

The Feedback forum needs more love.

7. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always forget about the Feedback Forum. Just seems "natural" to go to this forum instead. :lol 

8. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Compared to Sunstreaker, Side Swipe, Hound, Hot Rod and many more - the Prowl (and bros) mould sucks. I can never get him to stand right and he looks too skinny for my liking. Also, his head can only turn left or right so he always seems to be looking downish.

A real let-down for the line.

Just my opinion of course.

9. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which shop? I MUST KNOW!!

10. Soundwaave

Soundwaave Banned

Toys R Us :p 

You live in Canberra? :D !