Transformers Universe Open Beta Press Release

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
  2. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

try it last night when i got the beta notification... not very impressive if you ask me, the game seems to center around PvP. so if you have no interest with PvP, this game have very little offer to you since it doesnt have a storyline... but it does have a open world roaming...

the price to unlock character is fairly high, so if you dont want to spend any money, it going to take awhile for you to unlock a new character, my target character catapult cost over 500 relics... last night i only manage to gather 50 relic after a few hours of gametime..

the game itself load pretty slow... it took more then a minute or two to load a new area, hell my PS2 game load faster then it.

but the gameplay itself is pretty smooths and the user interface is easy to understand.

3. Septimus-Prime

Septimus-Prime Well-Known Member

Just enjoying the game! :3

4. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Really? Cause in about 2 hours of playing last night, I earned 225 relics between 3 different matches. You've just got to pay attention to the achievements and go after those cause you're rewarded relics for ranking those up.

If I play tonight, I can unlock a new TF for my squad, it's really not that hard to earn them, especially if you know how to earn the achievements and what not.

I've got to say, this game is a lot better than what I was expecting and I can see myself continuing to play it into the future.

5. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

needs to go open beta ASAP , because i need dependable minions to leech experience and relics lol

6. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So what exactly are the $75k in prizes? I don't see that info anywhere? Is it just free "in game" give away stuff or is it actual prizes?

7. shadetf

shadetf Member

iv played the little beta a bit and its not bad. sure ill take part, why not, might be fun.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    $75K.

Damn.

Now if there's a great reason to play this game...it'd be for that.

9. kristaldoodle

kristaldoodle Nutbar

Oh man, im more excited for the 24 hour stream on the 5th of july.

Double XP as well that weekend AND 75,000 worth in prizes. get hype.

10. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

as i said earlier, this game seems to center around PvP which is one thing i didnt do in the beta even though the game keep queuing me up automatically.

11. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

If anyone is interested, I'll be playing often this weekend. Hook me up as Rhinoceros meta (autobot), I ussually play as a medic and I do heal and support my fellow teammates. Looking to seeing some of you on the battlefield!

12. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like many I'm not massively impressed. Much like Mechwarrior Online once your team is loosing that's it your going to get rolled over.

I do like the focus on team play but the down side is that even if one guy is new your whole team suffers. This might be down to the 4vs4 format maybe at 6vs6 the efforts of one guy wont really matter.

Match making seems really borked. As in its just first come first served So as a LvL 14 I've been put with LvL1's and had a whole team of say 10-20's and I just get wrecked. Also had a few games of 2 Vs 4 Happens so often that I just quit as you cant possibly win.

Their basically is no Solo mode. Sure you can walk around the open areas but its pointless and super grindy for basically nothing. To put it into context I can earn 45-55 for winning a game in 20mins give or take but to earn that in solo would take about 3 hours maybe more.

graphically we are talking Early Xbox360 standards. Its not bad but I'd like the options for AA, bloom etc

Oh some balancing is needed. I play as the Decepticon Medic and he's a little OP But the Autobot sniper takes the cake. She can bypass your shield and has a damage buff so her DPS is f**king crazy 1 on 1 you just cant win and if you dont have your buffs ready its game over. People are screaming the Cons are OP well just wait till a few more get that Fembot Autobot Sniper then it will all balance out.. .I hope.

Maps are generic sadly all earth based. A city, small Cuban town, a farm and a military base sounds fun but they all use the basic same assets so they all seem too similar.

Oh Also all the characters seem to all turn into the same thing chunky off road cars/trucks... kinda lame guys if we got jets and tanks from High Moon ages ago I dont see why they cant do it too. Plus it would really spice up the game play to add aerial units.

The economy is not too bad. I've been playing for maybe a day and a bit. I'm half way to buying a new cheap character so that's not too bad.

13. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Exp
    lol

14. Xython

Xython Thanks for all the fish

News Credits:
    I just tried it but, I never got out of High Grand. I tried the ground bridge and even the "Exit High Grand" but, to no avail. Is there something you need to do to get outside the base? he he