Transformers: Universe - More Unreleased Content

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by TF Bumblebee, Feb 24, 2017.

1. TF Bumblebee

TF Bumblebee Well-Known Member

Hey all, Bumblebee here! For those interested, I stumbled upon a recent upload from YouTube in regards to VFX Transformers: Universe showcase, which comprises some intriguing unreleased content. Please if you will, the video is embedded down below:

Such a shame this was all gone to waste, I (not to boast) waited since the very beginning of it's announcement, an ambitious project no doubt! Honestly, it may very well have been my favorite game to date.

NOTE: Credits to nebbul vfx

• Like Like x 4
  2. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    unfortunately they didn't stick to being a MMORPG as they had originally planned, got side-tracked and distracted, proposed things that were less and limiting than their original plan, dilly-dallied until it all came apart.

when news of this came out i remember getting so excited about a Transformers MMORPG and i had already registered and was willing to even subscribe. then they changed the format. i hope they can revive the idea of a MMORPG, a Transformers warcraft, but they have to have a better plan and stick to it. right now just stuck with Fall of Cybertron multiplayer and there's just nothing exciting lately as far as Transformers computer games go. :/

• Like Like x 1
  3. TF Bumblebee

The original intent of bringing forth an MMORPG was a wonderful idea! However the thing was that Hasbro wanted Transformers: Universe to tie in with the newly-grounded (at the time at least) Transformers: Prime series, although what they didn't realize is that something on this scale takes an extensive period of time to develop. Thus creating a new direction for the game itself, which in my opinion had it's pros and cons.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Destron Enforcer

News Credits:
    Very interesting.

Deeply unfortunate the game never got a chance to fully spread its wings, I was really into the designs for a lot of the characters.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TF Bumblebee

If Jagex did one thing right, it was the designs; Bumblebee looked so cool! :( 

• Like Like x 3
  6. Septimus-Prime

Septimus-Prime Well-Known Member

I know I'm somewhat resilient but I think it can comeback! There's a petition that nearly has all required number of sigs.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TF Bumblebee

Yeah, I seen that. I don't think it'll have any affect on Hasbro's state of mind however. Another attempt at the Transformers MMORPG formula would be so cool to see though!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Septimus-Prime

• Like Like x 2
  9. TF Bumblebee

• Like Like x 2
  10. Septimus-Prime

For once I'm kinda skeptic if they would respond...

11. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    yup. one of the things that got me psyched about this game was the designs. Ratchet's design was impressive. all of the other Cybertronians were. and had they stuck to their original plans, there was a wide customization choice where you could create your own character (i'm assuming a lot wider than WFC or FOC).

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  12. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    i could understand Hasbro wanting to make money on a short period of time but the CEO always have a problem with the big picture and fails to envision and larger Transformers.

i was talking about this on another thread. perhaps they just don't want to allocate money right now on things but would rather concentrate on things that generate money for them (live-action movies, cartoons, etc.).

but if they wanted, they could've introduced Transformers World theme parks, Transformers museums, and the like, sort of their answer to Disney World. Transformers has a wide variety of characters and lore behind it that they would be able to pull off such a thing. but like i state, the problem is not seeing the big picture under Hasbro's current leadership. not that there's any problem w/ that.

w/ the current leadership, Hasbro is a profitable corporation. but things could be better and bigger. but i could understand them taking baby steps while generating profits.

13. TF Bumblebee

Indeed. I think what started the corrupt trend for Jagex was the departure of their original CEO. He was the one who envisioned the brand new path for the game, and with him gone I guess the team felt like they were directionless, thus leading to announcements on (e.g. characters, maps, game modes, etc) and failing to meet a designated date. And yes, profit did play a factor. If I remember correctly, over 1 million accounts were registered. Sadly though, merely 200, 000 people actually played the game at least once. I guess after ditching the MMORPG format led to a lot of unhappy fans.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    yep. i was one of those unhappy people after they ditched the MMORPG format and started saying they were going to implement MOBA, which would've been something similar like FOC Multiplayer. and i think they announced that even after the testing so by the time it came out, i didn't even bother to try (because i was already technically already playing a MOBA game with FOC multiplayer so what was the point. i wanted a more open, unlimited world, same as World of Warcraft).

• Like Like x 1
  15. Plasmapause

Plasmapause Active Member

News Credits:
    Sorry to bump up this old thread, but I think it's more then just the change of format and a new CEO that led to Transformers Universe's fate.

There's also the fact apart from Runescape, Jagex doesn't really have any other "successful" games. A lot of their other project suffered the same/similar fate, take a look at Jagex's recent hearthstone copy "RuneScape: Idle Adventures", that was shutdown this year due to lack of players.
    The company has just been declining and probably looked towards making a licensed Transformers game in the hopes of finding success.

Honestly, they didn't even have a finished product after years in development, they only had bits and pieces of the MMO. They took these pieces and re-branded it as a MOBA, but the mechanics, the gameplay, some of the maps (especially the PvE mode) felt extremely MMO-ish. There was grinding, there was levels, incursions/random-encounters (renamed dispatch), Crisis mode felt pretty similar to raids (they were difficult to do solo, especially without a tanky character and/or DPS), even the tutorial right at the start of the game felt like it was torn from an MMO.

Regardless, I think 200,000 people was quite a lot, if they kept that many people around, then maybe the game would still be up. But the game wasn't the best, people had problems with the Unity engine, people couldn't run the game in their browser, the game crashed a lot, the game had some pretty high specs in comparison with Runescape and other browser based games. They did eventually make a cilent to try and make the game run more smoothly, but I think it was far to late by then.
    Furthermore, the game had some terrible balancing issues, it wasn't really a MOBA, something similar to Overwatch to be honest, except, nearly everyone has a beam weapon with autoaim on their right clicker, melee weapons were also really basic. The only thing that made the game interesting, was the 'Special' abilties and synergy between them. Plus matchmaking was a bit of a mess, they tried to fix it, but a lot of the time people with countless hours played in the game were often pitted against people who'd just made an account, which is terrible for a game that was trying to be 'competitive'.
    Not to mention, the game was also wide open to hackers, and not much was done against them (I don't think there was a report button).

Sorry for the wall of text, but I just needed to get it off my chest after all these years.

• Like Like x 1
  16. InvincibleIronMan

InvincibleIronMan New Member

Instagram:
    I miss this game :/

17. Razorblade

Razorblade New Member

Now that the Bayformers are no longer happening anymore, they should consider going back to old projects like the Transformers Universe online game and make more updated where you can create your own charaters like they do in SWTOR and Wizard101 and choose your own vehicle modes like they in Transformers: Prime and in the Bay movies just by scanning a vehicle mode with there eyes, of course they should alloy you to keep the old characters to, but also be allowed to have your own creative character also in the mix.

18. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This makes me regret not knowing about this game sooner. It had so much potential (based what I’ve found out about it). Hopefully a new publisher and a change in Hasbro’s mind might see this game revived.

19. Razorblade

Razorblade New Member

Me to, it was based off the Transformers: Prime area, they had over 200,000 people playing this game when it was still in Beta format (at least that what i thought i heard), if Hasbro gave it more time, it would have grown more and more, but they thought that people wouldn't play it all the time and etc., but sometimes i think that companies as big as Hasbro and etc. forgets that we have jobs and go to school and college and etc. that we couldn't be playing the online games all the time, but i still play my online games like SWTOR and Wizard101 when i have a chance to play them, SWTOR i couldn't play all the time due to the fact that i need a Sub to continue leveling up my character, but with W101 i don't need a membership to continue playing where i could just buy crowns to pay for all of the areas and worlds in the game and i can continue leveling up my characters.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Bakuformer00

Bakuformer00 Autobot Servant

If TFU does come back, Hasbro should do figures based on the playable characters that transform of course with unlockable codes in them along with weapons and different cards. Now that would be amazing. (Deluxe and Voyager Class would do the trick.)

• Like Like x 2