Transformers Universe Hands On Impressions

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
  2. Antimatter

Antimatter Well-Known Member

Well. You can't say he doesn't have enthusiasm.

3. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

the game IS looking better and better, but i still wish they had gone the proper MMORPG route. Or as they put it "Runescape with a Transformers skin." it would have been alot more interesting than just arenas.

4. Starscream0625

Starscream0625 We are Thunderwing

News Credits:
    In my opinion, the game looks fantastic. The PVE appears to be a free-roam style situation, which should be a blast.

5. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    ....I think Tactician was what became the Medic class.

Otherwise, Mungry delivers tops. Very short, but to the point and shows off some stuff the Devs haven't; redecos for the Autobots that we haven't seen the playing as!

6. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    I just wish Mungry just acted like a normal guy in his videos instead of a stupid joke making, over hyped douchebag.

I mean seriously, does anyone genuinely think this guy is funny?

7. Darkryt

Darkryt Combiner Enthusiast

I lost interest in this game when I read it was going to be MOBA instead of MMORPG with customizing, but now that there's a PVE, I'm ... very faintly interested again.

At the very least, the "King Terrorcon" gives me hope for some interesting bosses in the future.

8. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

I think younger viewers would.
    I don't find him funny, he's had some moments. I still find his videos entertaining, but yeah, I do wish he would act more normal sometimes. He's too hyped over everything.

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought the medic's name was Triage (tree-ahzh). Though, I've got to say, Try-age does sound pretty unique.

10. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    It isn't pronounced try-age, seems like that was just the reviewer not knowing how to pronounce the word.

As for the gameplay... I was really interested in this when it was announced, but then they dragged their feet and dropped the customization and lost pretty much everything that made me remotely intrigued by this.

11. GaussGunner

GaussGunner Ukrainian Convoy

News Credits:
    I can play in this game too, but i very busy.

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The game looks like it might be a lot of fun. I like the overall aesthetic much more for this than I did for WFC/FOC. This less gritty, clean mix of Transformers Prime and the Bay films is nothing short of win. Still, straight up G1 would just kill it!

I hope the next console version of Transformers incorporates the best of HMS' game and this, as I'm sure both have traits we all want to explore in great detail.

My biggest gripe with these games is the customizations. Someone needs to blow that lid wide open. Stop giving us small numbers of body parts and sizes and a very limited color palette, please. Let the users color their characters as they wish--no more fixed colors or fixed team colors, please.

13. Risko_Vinsheen

Risko_Vinsheen Well-Known Member

I wasn't expecting much from this game after they dropped the MMORPG and customization aspects. But I got into the beta the other day and I must say it is a lot more enjoyable than I expected. The only gripe is how long it takes to get into a PvP match. The matchmaking system is terrible, but that shouldn't be difficult for them to change before launch. Luckily they have a PvE aspect that you can roam around in while waiting for it to finally send you to a game, or even just go around killing Terrorcon NPCs without bothering to queue for PvP.

It's also entirely possible to do everything in the game without paying a dime (except of course get the Founders exclusive stuff, but that's a different kettle of scraplets) as you can earn relics (the typical of F2P real money equivalent) through PvP or PvE, it's just slower than just up and buying relics. At the current prices for warriors (which is of course subject to change, as is everything in a beta) you could earn enough to buy the cheapest warriors in a day with a bit of grinding. Most expensive ones could take you 4 days to a week.

14. Strafe

Strafe Secretary of Balloon Doggies

News Credits:
    "Hullo, Autobawth and Dethepticonth!"

A little bit of that guy goes a long way. And yes, it is pronounced "tree-awj", it's a pretty common word. Still, he seems to be enjoying himself? So, there's that. It looks like a lot of fun, actually!

15. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Probably the reviewer not being aware it IS a word.

16. scottywan82

scottywan82 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, Try-Age? Really? *facepalm*

I definitely got enough of this dude with his agonizing reviews of WFC and FOC.

17. Dashdragon

Dashdragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, I'm assuming this guy got paid by Jagex to do that video?

I'll admit that it looks improved from the shitpile it was before, but the PvE part just sounds like them showing they could have gone the full MMORPG and just got lazy.

18. avengerboy123

avengerboy123 Well-Known Member

Well, this video is obviously just a promotion for the game, but it seems like he's more genuine in his other videos.

19. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I've already given the game another shot and it lost me again. The PVE is boring as hell. There's not really any skill involved with shooting things, as there's no reticule for aiming. You just shoot in the general area, and it auto aims for you. The melee attack animation for the default Decepticon is one of the dumbest things I've seen. He carries a large battle axe, yet his only melee attack is to hit with the butt of the handle. While in the ship hub, the game forced me into a match already in progress. I was on the map for no longer than 10 seconds before the match ended. I still got full xp. Driving is literally the only decent feature this game has going for it.

20. Dashdragon

Dashdragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^ and there we go...so even though the game itself looks better, they somehow managed to make the gameplay even worse than it was before. Though it sounds and looks like the driving was left untouched. That was literally the only thing I didn't find dull and tedious about the first beta (when it was actually working properly)

Didn't help that I had also gotten stuck in car mode for an entire match once, but eh.