Transformers Unicron Trilligy

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by RADimus prime, Nov 12, 2012.

1. RADimus prime

RADimus prime not so well known member just known

God its awfull!!!! But I am trying to watch it from the begining. And I am going to do this with an open mind. Any thoughts? From what I see in the first few episodes the wrong names are often used. But the story is intreaging sooooo we will see.

2. joshferrell

joshferrell Well-Known Member

the first half of armada is really bad then it becomes really good about halfway through,then energon is just bad all the way through and then cybertron is better,but all three contradict eaach other..the most glaring is megatron changing into galvatron at the end of armada but then is back to megatron in energon (without explanation),then does the same thing at the end of energon only to be megtron again in cybertron (again without explanation)..the three series don't really go together that well..

3. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's your standard mediocre children's giant robot anime. It has a few redeeming qualities, but there's nothing truly spectacular about it. The ideas and concepts that I like about it all came from Hasbro's creative team and are in no way credited to the writers of the show.

Except for Starscream and Alexis being friends. I liked that. :) 

In short- Meh. It's harmless fluff.

*edit*
    I was speaking strictly of Armada.

4. MachSabre

MachSabre Blackmarket T-Cog Dealer

By now you pretty much got the gist of what the show's about. So skip to about episode 40 "Remorse" or around there. The animation picks up in quality (not by leaps and bounds, but there's far fewer obvious errors.) and the story even picks up, because they focus more on the Unicron angle. It you're REALLY wanting to get the point, just jump to episode 48 "Cramp" which sets up the final story for the series.

With Energon, I would love to say "skip it entirely" but that's not useful. That one, you just slug through the early episodes right to episode 16. Unfortunately, after that... You've got the point of the series, and the major plot points start repeating and not well. And just jump all the way to the end at episode 48. They repeat the major plot points enough that you'll catch onto it quickly enough.

With Cybertron, tragically... This is actually a pretty good show that's bogged down by the company it keeps. The Velocitron race around the latter section of the first half drags a lot... But afterwards, it picks up and it pretty cool.

5. LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce A Chair!

Aramada, despite a slow start, is rather enjoyable.
    Energon is terrible.
    Cybertron is less then stellar, but I find it's more enjoyable if you consider it a standalone series with no connection to Armada and Energon.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The last half of Armada and Cybertron simply rocked.

7. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This got me thinking of degrees of rocking. . .

The first half of Armada is to Fourth of July sparklers as. . .

The second half of Armada is to a roman candle.

The first half of Energon is to a box of snaps a.k.a. whipper snappers as. . .

The second half of Energon is to a dud. . . or a butt rocket.

The first half of Cybertron is to a slow sparkler fountain as. . .

The second half of Cybertron is to a pinwheel.

And for me. . .

Beast Wars is like the entire New Years' fireworks show. :D 

8. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

haha

armada is entirely for kids, as mentioned, but is interesting non the less. energon is like a rotten banana in a bowl of ripe fruit, and cybertron is interesting and fun, especially towards the middle to the end. With the unicron trilogy you either loved it, hated it, or never really cared

9. LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce A Chair!

The end battle between Galvatron and Optimus in Cybertron is pretty epic. Even if you hate the series, it's hard to hate that single confrontation.

10. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    pretend cybertron is a different show from energon and armada and you're good.

11. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Are they perfect? Heck no. Are they awful at times? Most definitely. Are there things that sort of contradict each other? Of course. But then again, it would be TRANSFORMERS without those things. :lol 

But seriously. The first half of Armada is slow, but the second half is great. Energon is just sort of 'meh' all the way through, with the first part being the stronger (or "not-as-sucky"). Cybertron starts off okay, and picks up once they get off Velocitron. Just my feelings.

12. uchihabro77

uchihabro77 Energon Warrior 3 Red

to me a/e/c is okay, energon i like for the figures, armada is better once they get into space, cybertron is just okay except i wish they had kapt it in the continuation of the first two

13. 03svt

03svt Well-Known Member

OP, you watching them on youtube?

14. opheadtaker

opheadtaker Gaseous sycophant

I havent seen any episodes of armada,but i liked energon a little bit,and cybertron was actually pretty good.

15. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    The Unicron Trilogy is its own continuity, so it couldn't possibly use the wrong names. Those ARE the A/E/C versions of those characters. Think how Tangent Comics uses several DC character names to create new characters. Does that mean the Tangent characters used the wrong name? Nope, just different characters. RID Prowl is vastly different from pretty much every other version of Prowl, does that mean they used the wrong name? Nope.

As far as watching the series from beginning to end goes: if you're doing it for yourself, then great. Don't do it because of other people, though. People harped on me to watch BW until I did in its entirety, and I will never forgive those people. Ever.

16. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I think Cybertron and the 2nd half of Armada underated.

17. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I think he might be referring to the errors which result in many of the Minicons being called by the wrong names (sometimes the Japanese name, though usually everyone just gets called Leader-1, from what I read on the TFWiki anyway).

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Yeah, with Armada it's worth skipping most of the first part, right up until Unicron shows up and story starts getting good.

Energon...just skip it, look for subs of the Japanese version; Superlink instead. It's somewhat better simply because it retains a good portion of side plot that improves it as a whole (I.E. one Superlink episode goes into depth about Skorponok that gives reason for his actions throughout the series, but in Energon that specific episode is completely skipped over and the plot directed around the remaining plot hole to cover it up). Kicker also doesn't yell every single word that comes out of his mouth in Superlink.

Cybertron...yeah, just pretend it's in its own seperate continuity and you'll be fine. Just ignore the Armada mini-cons at the end, along with the majority of that 10-episode Velocitron race since nothing of real importance goes on there.

Yeah, I remember as a kid when I was watching that episode where Optimus first goes Supermode and finds Sparkplug. The fact he called Sparkplug "Leader-1" immediately seemed wrong to me, since the previous episode already had Megatron find the REAL Leader-1 on the moon.

They also referred to the Optimus/Jetfire combination as "JetConvoy" the first time before switching it to "JetOptimus" in later episodes, but I personally think JetConvoy sounds a LOT cooler.

19. RADimus prime

yep its not as bad as i remember i guess i went in expecting the worced im into energon now episode 14 kicker isnt as much of a fucktard as i was thinking.

20. RADimus prime

what i ment by wrong names was they would call someones name that wasnt in the scene.