Transformers UK Toy Fair info.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Peaugh, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    So far nothing has been said about the main line will be?

I really hope something will be shown at NA Toyfair.

2. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    My bet is that they'll be saving it all for a big release to coincide with the launch of the tv channel

3. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    The main line is simply "Transformers" from the sounds of things, everything ROTf and a continuation of will be labelled just transformers, Generations and Power Core Combiners will be the sublines.

4. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought we knew already that Seaspray was a Voyager ?

Since G1 Year2: Swoop, Shockwave, Devastator (till Woolworths got the imports in '89), Blaster, Perceptor, Deluxe figures, Predacons, Autobot Tapes, Sky Linx, Trypticon, Fort Max, Clones, Punch..... We only got one G2 combiner, missed many BW recolours (and a couple of originals) and most of BM before RID started.

Animated's done quite well by some standards - BM especially. The first Movie line is missing the Ironhide redeco, Evac and the Premium figures

5. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Hilarious :lol 

6. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Over the years, things have definitely improved both with regard to delay, and quantity. That said, things like Hasbro showing Alt Prowl at Toy Fair then never actualyl offering it are still fresh in my mind.

Hasbro Europe... if there is even something as cohensive as a Hasbro Europe.. Blame Hasbro INC, Hasbro INC act like it's up to "Hasbro Europe".

It suits both sides to blame the other.

A couple of things should be added here: Trypticon was officially released in Italy and the Netherlands, and Sky Lynx was released in the Netherlands too.
    Swoop was available in Italy, along with Grimlock, but the rest of the Dinobots weren't. Italy also got the Predacons... but appaently no Galvatron or Targetmasters.

Blaster and Shockwave were very definitely released in France. Saw them there myself.

and Wolfang was released in Europe in very small quantities. I saw one with my own two eyes in early 98. Bought Optimus Primal. Came back for Wolfang next morning... gone. Never saw one again.

7. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    New dinobots would be amazing. And slag MUST be called slag. I don't care if Hasbro are worried about offending mums as they wander around Asda.

A voyager grimlock would be even better. Never had grimlock as a kid, didnt like the look of the Classics one or the titanium, and I never managed to find an animated grimlock at a reasonable price. Maybe I'll just wait for a more affordable version of the MP Grims.

8. Triceradon

Triceradon Well-Known Member

No one finds your trolling funny.

Ah, who'm I kidding. I'm talking to a damn brick wall.

9. krysuk

krysuk Well-Known Member

Yeah I can verify G1 Shockwave was released in France all the text is in french on the box
    I picked one up when I was a kid on holiday (saved all my holiday spending money up for it)
    Still have it mint condition in the box, no degredation on the rubber hose either

10. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BW started in mainland Europe in 1997. 2 sets of packaging - Animutants in France and others, Biocombat in Italy and others.

Wolfang was in the first deluxe wave of 6 (or 2nd dlx wave - there may have been an initial wave of 4 as shown on my Ani Mutants Optimus Box)

By the time BW came to the UK in Jan 1998* (Biocombat packaging) this wave had been superseded loosing Wolfang but gaining Cybershark & Jetstorm with the others in reduced quantities.

I had an Animutants Wolfang - obtained from France - but I'm told Biocombat Wolfangs were released in Italy. Got a card scan if anyone needs proof.

The basics followed a similar pattern. Possible initial wave of four, then a seven (including Armadillo) which WAS bought into the UK at launch. Armadillo vanishes in an early update which introduces Clawjaw Razorclaw & Airazor.

After that all BW toys are released in the UK except the dlx & US video basic repaints - though Grimlock appears in US packaging on TRU shelves at Christmas 1998.

* Toyfair 1998 showed Beast Wars Buzzsaw. That never came out here !

11. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

god that brings back memories, I remember as a kid going to the best wars display at toys r us and only seeing walls of cybershark and Insecticon, those were the days of real shelfwarmers!

12. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Drift is a RPM?! This could mean a actual drift is'nt that far off.
    Like that red car prototype a while back. That could have really been universe drift.

Also Ultra Class Universe Seaspray. Mega Cool. Hovercraft are big vehicles. So I get that.

The toy aisle is going to be a rainbow of varying transformers card backs at this rate. Activators, Continued movie product (non rotf filler), Power core combiners, War for Cybertron, New cartoon toys, and Classics Universe.

Its going to be a interesting toy fair. Their just watching us froth at the possibilities right now.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  13. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Actually Beast Wars came out in the UK in 1996 - I know this not only from till receipts but because I asked Hasbro UK about the bios for the characters I'd bought already at that point (Tarantulas/Waspinator etc...) and they sent me a bunch of photocopies of the bios - from Ben's Transformers site this lead me into using the internet for more or less the 1st time and then later the same year getting a Internet capable Computer I definately got a fair few Beast Era toys before 1997. In fact I remember Xmas shopping for Beast Wars Ultras in November 1996.

And that was some months after the Bat/croc pack was first available in Woolworths... There was some last dregs of G2 about at the same time too things like varient packaging Roller-bots and one of the oddest finds of that time was 1980's American packaging Constructicons turned up again (heck knows where from).

Beast Wars actually came out in December 1995 / January 1996 in America starting with the twin pack Optimus & Megatron and then Rock bubble Deluxes about a month later.

The UK might have seen Wolfang, Grimlock, Tigertron, Blackarachnia in Toys R Us as it seems they got them - but I can't say for certain if they Got Buzzsaw in UK TRU - as I personally bought an American and a Japanese one not a European one.

There was definately a UK wave before the one with Jetstorm/Cybershark/K9 in it. I remember buying the wave 2 items in Children's World. as best as I can recall the 1st wave I got in Woolworths. I remember buying The scouts/(Basics) there anyway.

But I'm quite sure there was a wave in the UK before Jetstorm/Cybershark/K9 were released. As best as I can remember this consisted of Waspinator/Tarantulas/Cheetor/Rhinox and was what Woolworths had.

There was not really very much of a gap between the end of G2 and Beast Wars for me.
    I remember still finding things from G2 like the G2 Heroes & Ace Evader, imported American Aquaspeeders right up until the change over to beasts. and a slight varient G2 Large Tank Megatron too showed up again just previous to this.

I think Woolworths got things like Australian imported Powermasters (pull back and go toys) quite late too. And I have heard others say they got the last wave of G2 Gobots just prior to Beast Wars coming out too - but personally I've never seen them and have had to import them from Italy and America.

14. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought Clawjaw was the real shelfwarmer of the basics ?

One day I'll write up a webpage on all the stuff the UK missed !

15. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Seaspray is one of my earliest memories of Transformers, so it's a must buy for me!

16. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    That is an obtainable goal - try trying to figure out the same sort of info for Action Man... that is borderline impossible.
    Hasbro Uk deny any knowledge of much of any years given line and claim it's all grey imports.

17. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:

Have to agree these guys in scout size would have been cool. I have given up with the tf line and scale.

18. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    I think fans sometimes think of things backwards from the way Hasbro thinks of things.

Hasbro doesn't think "Let's make a Brawn(or Seaspray) figure?", "Now, what size should we make it?"

They think more of this way: "Time to think of ideas for the next wave of Legends figures", "How about we do a few G1 minibot updates for that?"

They really don't think "Let's make another classics Powerglide, and do him as a scout!" because: there has been no scout pricepoint assortment for Classics or Universe.

19. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I definately passed up a Grimlock in Argos at some point.... when it was I have no idea, but I remember seeing it.

20. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    IIRC, at the time Cybershark and Jetstorm were pretty scarce in the US. I definitely sold or traded a fair few of them to the US at a decent return.

Ah, interesting. Thanks for that.