Transformers UK Toy Fair info.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Peaugh, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

CRAP! Seems like a shitty year to have moved away from the states and move to Korea and Japan

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Wonder if toyfair will reveal anything about the third Arcee bike...

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    If you are a line completionist, then once the ROTF label is removed from the packaging, your collection is complete. It's a simple as that. Then if any of the characters from the movie get a new toy in new packaging, you can pick it up even though technically it's from a different line. Kinda like how Universe Cheetor isn't really a BW figure, but you can put him in with your BW toys.

4. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Fuck yeah! Seaspray!

More combiners and legends are always awesome with me, but a new fuckin' Seaspray? That's just brilliant. Looks like Hasbro listened to that guy who asked for them to make Seaspray look cool at Botcon 2008 (I think it was that one).

Three weeks 'til pics is three weeks too long!

5. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    legends bruticus will be pretty cool, still getting FP's too, Ultra Seaspray? maybe, would rathre have a legends one, WFC sounds good, PCC better not be more movie though, so sick of that aesthetic

6. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

I wonder if the US TF if they'll show some Deluxe figures from say G1

7. S250

S250 BEASTBOX

News Credits:
    I know it's cancelled,but I call Voyager Rhinox!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yay! things!!

I'm a little curious who's been deciding that former Minibots should be either Legends or Ultras. Seaspray sounds neat, but I'm already starting to feel that Powerglide vibe, where I'll (probably) look at a big gimmicked-out toy and think "this could have been a nifty Deluxe". Ehh - hope I'm wrong. :) 

Anyway, looks like a lot of interesting stuff coming in the next year, at least some of which I will like. Oh, and Hasbro, where's Classivernerations Jazz? I just wanna know where Jazz is. I'll just keep asking. ;) 

9. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    long live universe!!!

10. RayH

RayH Well-Known Member

I'm happy to get seaspray he's a character i wanted but I have a bad feeling about. First off i wanted a legend figure of him, but I'd be cool with a deluxe or something. But him being an ultra would have been about the last thing i choose. I know hovercrafts are big, but size of alt modes has never been a consitant thing in TFs, and I'm more concerned with getting stuff like the size it was represented in the cartoons and orginal toys. With classics i want precise well done representations of g1 characters. I have a feeling I'll pass on seaspray, I'm faily sure he wont be g1 colors as well. I may get him if henkei returns and do a proper color scheme.

I woulda much rather have gotten an Ultra ultra magnus... thats one i wanna see,

But I'm very excited by all this news, and allot of it sounds pretty cool, and i can't wait for toy fair. Very curious about bruticus, but i won't get my hopes up.

11. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Suddenly, I woke up to find G1 Minibots --> Ultrabots. (With TFU Powerglide leading the pack!)

:D 

12. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I dunno, I guess I'm in the minority (at least scanning the thread briefly) but I really like the idea of a giant Seaspray. G1 Minibot status notwithstanding, a passenger-carrying hovercraft SHOULD turn into a large robot. On the same token, I like Powerglide's size because a fighter plane robot SHOULD be a lot larger than an automobile robot. Here's to hoping for an Ultra-size Warpath and Cosmos one day, to round out the line of suitably scaled-up ex-minibots (although I guess Cosmos' "proper" size is fairly debatable). I only wish the Classics Seekers had followed suit.

I know mass-shifting is an unfortunate side effect of the Transformer line's origin, and scale is always a subject of headaches, but I don't see the need to emulate the flaws of G1 purely for legacy value.

Incidentally, even beyond the issue of size, I love the sounds of Seaspray. Carrying Scouts on his deck? Yellow-blue-white color scheme? Fantastic! Sign me up.

13. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    While we're on the subject of Seaspray,I really hope they do him like Powerglide and give
    him a harder transformation,not super hard like MP Optimus Prime,but more than his G1
    self.He is also going beside PG when I get him.

Now one more thing before I go,I hope Hasbro will announce that the rest of the Dinobots
    are up for a Classic Update,I would literally die a happy man if they say that at Toy Fair
    or Botcon.Anyone else with me?

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Then how about for practicality?
    Powerglide didn't need to be as big of a toy as he was. A Deluxe would have been sufficient. Same goes for Inferno. He didn't need to be so big- and out of scale- for such a simplistic transformation.

Galvatron should have been bigger- to be the same scale as Prime... for "legacy"'s sake as well as to accomodate his rather complex transformation engineering.

And don't get me wrong- I dig the Galvatron figure. He just should have been bigger.

If Seaspray will be that large scale of a toy, I hope they make his transformation more complex to accomodate the size (which is a nice way of saying 'to justify the size'".)

I'm with ya!

15. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're right. Most of the larger toys are very simplistic.

16. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    Heck yeah! My Classics Grimlock is dying to boss someone around! What good is being the commander of a group when you're the only one?

17. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Re: Power Core Combiners Bruticus, can we get a confirmation on whether he is a regular power core combiner (5 scout-sized figures) or a combination of 5 legends-sized figures?

If it's the latter, he is absolutely worthless to me, because he doesn't fit with anything other than legends-class figures, which I don't collect.

18. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All I can say is that the Transformers really need more seafaring vessels.

19. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Apart from one combiner member being a jet/shuttle-like thing, what makes the reporter think this is a new Bruticus? A little more detailed description would be nice. Don't we have any other guys reporting from this event, or other boards?

20. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Love Seaspray - can't wait to see this one in the flesh.

I wonder if we could ever see a Masterpiece Seaspray in the future - that would be fantastic.