Transformers UK HeadMasters box set Question...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Galvatron 88, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Galvatron 88

Galvatron 88 The Greatest of Cybertron

Ok I know its been released, but does it contain the complete series??

Also is the headmaster series good?? Does it follow up season 3 good????

And what is super god master force is it the sequel to headmasters??? or a completely different series all together???

2. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Headmasters is Basically Season 4 of TFs Japanese style.
    Masterforce is S5
    Victory is S6
    They are in the same continuity of each other but each generally moves on and focuses almost exclusively on that years toys/characters.

Headmasters has better animation than a lot of S3 but not award winning. Decent with variations between "kinda weak" and "really nice". The stories are decent as well. Neat to see the continuation of all our favorite characters, but it does suffer a little from having a rather slow moving "overplot" in places.

From what I've seen Masterforce improves over Headmasters both in animation and writing, and has a bit of a G.I.Joe mixed with TF vibe with the human characters and Pretenders in there.

I've never actually seen it but I've heard Victory ups the anti again and is stronger than Masterforce in both animation and writing. It has a more Space focused story though and features a lot of characters never released in the US.

3. Galvatron 88

But is the headmasters box set good does it have good subtitles for the english language and does it have all episodes???

4. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Hmmm....quantify "Good". Do you mean good as in easy-to-read or good as in well-translated? I'm not sure about "easy-to-read" but from what I've read, the translation should be well done.

5. Galvatron 88

from what ive seen of masterforce and victory I dont like it seems they got to far away from what season 3 was... I hope headmasters is close to transformers G1

also does the box set for RID contain the english dub used in the american version???

6. fyerman_34

fyerman_34 one bad moda shut yo mouf

oh its an exelent set the quality is great overall. every episode yes. subs are not as good as a tv-nihon, but its fairly good. and you can watch the infamous star-dub if you want a good laugh.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    In my own opinion, Victory is how Season 3 should have been. Both it and Masterforce are good in their own right. Different to what you might be used to, especially Masterforce, but great in their own right. But Headmasters is a lot closer to the US G1 of old.
    The RiD sets are only in English, I'm afraid. No subs on there (since the video was altered in the dubbing so a second voice track would not have been possible.)

8. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Yes Metrodome's Headmasters set includes all 35 episodes of the show.

The subtitles are a lot better than the Singapore dubs. Occasionally, there is a mispelling in the translation or they refer to a Japanese name rather than an English one, but 90% of the time the subtitles are good.

As for whether the show is good, I think so. The background music (aside from the Headmasters theme) can be a little annoying and Daniel and Wheelie are in almost every episode. Plus most of the season 1-3 cast is gone after the first ten episodes. But aside from those three things It's quite enjoyable. Op dies again, Rodimus finally becomes confident in his role as leader, the Headmasters show up, Soundwave vs. Blaster, planets blow up, power struggles for leadership between Scorponok and Gavatron, Fortress Maximus revealed, Sixhot vs. Ultra Magnus. There is definately a lot of cool stuff in there. I'd recomend Headmasters over any of the other Japanese TF shows that I've seen. It's loads better than Armada or Cybertron.

Unfortnately, Masterforce which follows Headmasters is one of the worst TF shows I've ever seen. The humans partners take center stage over the TFs and the villains are way too comic relief, from the eight eps or so I saw of it anyway.

I've only seen an episode or two of Victory, but it seemed good. I liked Star Saber. But by this time the main characters are so far removed from any of the characters TFs started out with that you really miss them.

9. centurian

centurian Recovering Energon Abuser

How can you say that?????

Masterforce - in my opinion - is quite possibly the best TF series ever done - but to each his own. I'd give the show a second chance - it really pics up toward the later episodes.

10. Galvatron 88

I meen are they the same english voices that we all heard in the U.S on fox kids?????

11. Mat-Man

Mat-Man Well-Known Member

I've got a question about the HM set: I've seen that the region setting is 0 (no region), and I've seen it say it was Region 2 (on the same site, no less). Which is it, Region 0 or 2? If it is 0, then I'm thinking about getting it, but if it's 2, then I'll wait for the fansubs to be finished.

12. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's region 0.

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, same version.