Transformers Tuesdays

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SinisterSpinister, Aug 10, 2020.

1. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    I think the issue with this is that these people look at what is actually new, and wonder "Is it worth Leader price?" when the real answer isn't that it's worth Leader price, it's that the new engineering pushes it out of the Voyager budget. Is the figure on its own worth Leader price? Maybe, maybe not but it's definitely not in the Voyager range anymore, that is a fact. So what Hasbro frequently does is instead of over-complicating the figure by fully throwing the full budget into the pricepoint into the figure when it may not need it, they give the robot mode the attention it needs, then fill out the budget with extra accessories. They've been doing this for 5 years now and honestly, Shockwave is the only one who could be released as a regular Voyager without his extra gear and fit in the Voyager budget. His figure is that simplistic.

Wrong. Override was planned to be a Hot Rod retool, but that's all it ever got far as: the planning stages. They eventually settled on giving that figure its own mold, and that figure was an exclusive anyway so its budgeting was not necessarily the same as a normal retail wave.

I don't see how any of that is even relevant anyway because even if they had retooled Hot Rod, it didn't jump up a price point in complexity so it's not comparable to Springer, who did jump up in complexity.

IMG_96822.JPG

All those extra accessories still cost money to produce. They required to be put on a brand new mold, which is a very expensive process to create. It's not a cost to just be hand waved away because of cost of what it makes to pour the plastic for it.

Because they only substituted parts. That is not what is happening with Springer. Yes, they substituted most of his parts, but they also increased the total number of parts used to make up the figure. He went from an 600 piece puzzle of a horse to a 1000 piece puzzle of the same horse.

The thighs, hips, biceps and wheels are different too.

More parts means higher cost. This is a fact. Leader Springer's base figure has more parts than Voyager Springer. This is obvious to anyone looking at them side by side.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Relic Hunter

Relic Hunter Well-Known Member

I'd honestly say just wait for a discount tbh, he'll likely shelfwarm like Coronation Screamer or Sludge for some reason

3. Relic Hunter

Yeah there are more parts and slightly higher complexity but it's not nearly enough to justify the price changing by almost double

I've never said the entire package could be a Voyager, just that it's a bad Leader

4. Nagatem

Nagatem Sea sea sea sea sea sea sea sea seaconOooo

I am beyond furious that the 86 bumblebee wasn\'t on pulse for some stupid reason, Because I miss heard them when they said he wouldn\'t be on there, And now he\'s sold out everywhere else they did have pre-orders for him and I was on pulse within the first two minutes of all the other stuff being available, Like, why wouldn\'t he be on pulse that makes no sense

5. MinkiesJinkies

MinkiesJinkies Well-Known Member

The hammer is an entirely different piece from the one Bulkhead had, just look at it, and the largest gun is completely new.

• Like Like x 4
  6. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    He could be always the chance he doesn’t since they’ve cut back on how many they make. But not impossible
    Yeah the hammers brand new

7. Relic Hunter

Even with cutbacks I don't think it'll be a figure that'll particularly fly off of shelves and have swathes of people hunting for one

It should be pretty available

8. Relic Hunter

Weird, then why does he have an entirely new hammer lol

9. Relic Hunter

It'll probably be on Pulse later then ig

10. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Takara design brought it up as an idea since they had room for extra tooling.

11. Nagatem

Nagatem Sea sea sea sea sea sea sea sea seaconOooo

Sigh i hope so

12. Relic Hunter

they had room for extra tooling well of course they did lol

SS86 Springer gonna make me crash out fr

Is the hammer even a reference to anything

13. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

Let see here.
    Most have
    SS86 Steeljaw
    SS86 Springer
    SSGE Decepticon Soldier
    CE Straxus

Still deciding
    SS86 Bumblebee(I already own the Netflix Bumblebee, but I'm not sure on this SS86 Bumblebee.)

Pipeline Reveals
    Must Have
    Optimus Prime
    Soundwave
    Armada Galvatron
    Quake
    Animated Motor Master

Still deciding
    Slipstream
    Metalhawk(I planning on getting the original Legacy Metalhawk, so I don't know if this new Metalhawk is a reissue or a redeco.)

Skipping
    Energon Megatron
    Redeco Bouldercrash.

14. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Extra Space in the allotment, as well as it can be used with a different figure, as per stated in the stream. BMac and Evan seems to be teasing something for it. Also, Springer was part of the Wreck N Rule Collection, which features that cardboard Hammer.

15. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

Still has that funky foot engineering.
    I detest these sorts of disjointed designs, and fixing the feet was my 2nd biggest wish for this retool.
    The number one thing I wanted them to fix was the backpack not tabbing in. (Hoping they did something about it.)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Relic Hunter

That's neat but lowkey I'd have totally preferred new blast effect molds

It's been what, 3 years since a new blast effect piece?

17. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Again, you are ignoring all the extra parts like the chest, wheels and arms.

18. Matt K

Matt K Member

True. I mean let's ignore the argument as to Voyager vs Leader pricing. The last figure they did something similar with was Coronation Starscream which is still on shelves years later. Add that Wreckers Springer is still available ($29), it's hard to see it being anything but a shelf warmer.

• Like Like x 1
  19. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    That's fine. They did really fill him out with accessories though, something Transformers toys don't really get much of. 3 guns, 3 swords, a hammer and a bomb is not bad. But $55 is not close to double ($70). With a Voyager being $35, I'd say add on $10 for the more complex engineering and $10 more for the bundle of accessories, like some of the previous accessory packs more or less add to the cost of the base figure.

• Like Like x 2
  20. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The bot teased on Straxus's box is rodimus btw, probably the canceled speedia one.

teaser.png marvel rodimus.png

• Like Like x 5