Transformers Tuesdays

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SinisterSpinister, Aug 10, 2020.

1. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Finally!...BB Movie Skywarp!...and preordered!

• Like Like x 3
  2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why was Springer the one to sell out at BBTS/Amazon :p 

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cosmosis

Cosmosis Well-Known Member

Studio series can be rather random with it's reveals. Kinda a pain, tbh

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

A Metalhawk repaint? Really? I remember when my Target had like 50 of those sitting on a clearance shelf, not moving… but cool, you do you, Hasbro.

Most excited about Animated Motormaster. And Soundwave too if he finally comes with a Buzzsaw.

5. seawatch

seawatch the bad user

Xaaron and Flame are the two people are discussing, but the art doesn’t really match either of them perfectly. Man of Iron may also be worth mentioning, as he could be redecoed from Megatron and has a yellow hand at the end of a red arm.

Edit: At least, I think that red, yellow, and blue Megatron with a new head on that one cover is supposed to be the Man of Iron. It’s hard to tell!

6. Bakarina

Bakarina Unapologetic Megatron Fangirl

Bee a big letdown. The altmode looks more Cliffjumper than Bee. Netflix Bee isn't as compact as I might like, but at least it's a VW. I had hoped even if they hadn't nailed the alt mode that they would at least go for the MP45 Bee bot mode look but it like netflix and 4pack bee before him seem to still be going for the older mp21 Bee bot mode. And what is with the poor yellow color paint/plastic color matching? They literally figured out the right mix with Animated Bee!

7. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

A LOT of Springer Fans out there

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ravewind

Ravewind Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow. Glad I got ahold of him early. Noticed he also sold out on Pulse when I went to PO Straxus.

9. TFfandude

TFfandude Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    JT confirmed that it will be a two-pack. One of the figures is probably Flame and he will be a retool of Gamer Edition Megatron. As for the other figure, we're not sure.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

I like the robot mode but not the vehicle. It's close. A better deco would help. Could be a clearance bot for me.

Anyway...

Ignoring the Space Bridge reveals for the moment:

Steeljaw - Bought. Cheap and a casette? Mine.
    Bumblebee - Not sold on the alt mode. The front and rear are ok but the windows and roof look too Cliffjumpery. The original mold still looked like a beetle even if it was a deformed beetle. Robot mode looks great. Pre-ordered but may cancel. This should be plentiful and hit clearance at some point.
    Soldier Boy - Said my piece above.
    Skywarp - It's a Skywarp so I'll grab it. Been waiting for this for a few years now, but shocked by the lack of black.
    Straxus - I'll take this as confirmation of Marvel Blaster. I have the original comic, but no interest in this. I have 3 Galvatrons as is. Get back to me if they ever rerelease him in a more subdued color scheme.
    Springer - A little disappointed. I was under the impression this would be an upscaled version of Siege, not just a partial with bonus bits. On the other hand for years people have asked for a clean Springer and here he is. Like Bumblebee I pre-ordered but I may cancel and wait for a sale.
    Beybladeformers? I am completely out of the age demographic for this.

• Like Like x 1
  11. metalalchemist

metalalchemist Well-Known Member

I read somewhere Springer is bigger. Is this true?

12. Toonstrack

Toonstrack #BringBackBoxBios

Bee looks phenomenal to me. If I didnt have Netflix bee already I'd go for it easily.

Springer looks aight but Siege is my guy

13. Ravewind

Ravewind Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On the stream they said slightly taller due to new head and shoulders.

• Like Like x 1
  14. pjn5311

pjn5311 Medbot

News Credits:
    Did anyone get a preorder placed on Amazon? just wondering if he actually went up on there yet? I know they sometimes lag behind a little bit, and the page is pretty bare at the moment.

15. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I PO'd Bee today and I'm likely gonna be interested in Soundwave since I never did get the Netflix version or the recent re-release of that mold in the Shockwave/Megs/Soundwave 3-pack. I think the rest of them are gonna be passes for me, for better or worse. I'm really curious about the "G1" deluxe Optimus, but I feel like it's gonna be redundant after getting the Missing Link version earlier this year.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Boss Borot

Boss Borot A Pile of Scrap

Ah, dammit. They went with the cheaper Legally Distinct car mode for Bee. So disappointing. He still looks good I guess, but come on now! And he's got the same ol' chunky robot proportions instead of a more toon accurate leggy design. His head's not even the right shape...
    And yeah, I'm being suuuuper nitpicky, I know. Bumblebee is my #1, so that's just how I am about him. I really had my hopes up this time. Oh well...maybe in another 20 years or so.

I'm also well aware that I'm a hypocrite, because I'll be buying this thing as soon as my sweaty little hands can get hold of it. Just...it could have been better. It SHOULD have been better.

ANYWAY, enough negativity.
    Straxus looks amazing, and I'm really surprised at how much remolding he got. I'm not too keen on his face, but that's mostly because my only real experience with the character is from the Generations toy. I'm skipping the other Comic editions revealed so far, but this guy is a Must Have.

Springer looks pretty nice, though I'm having trouble noticing his new parts without a comparison (haven't checked the rest of the thread yet). I'm on board, though. I like the colors! Looks like the cockpit piece is the same though, which means those little tabs are still fragile transparent plastic and will probably snap off like my original version. Oh well, gotta try to be careful.

Still liking Steeljaw, though I'll be adding some paint to the tape spool when I get him. I'll probably not paint his legs, though. I like the unified yellow colored alt mode. I might even put a touch of yellow on the rounded details of his gun barrels to match.

No interest in Skywarp or the Genericon. The latter does have a pretty nice robot mode, but haaaate the silver plastic. It looks so bad in vehicle mode. Probably look great with painted silver/grey though.

(edit: dear god I say "though" a lot. New thing to be self-conscious about yaaaay)

Last edited: May 14, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
  17. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Damn Springers a popular bot, sold out on Pulse, BBTS and Amazon

• Like Like x 3
  18. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream Defender of Beast Machines and Clone Wars

[​IMG]

So here were my biggest WTF moments:

Springer's robot mode - Pass. The Siege Springer still makes a better 86 movie Springer.

Bumblebee's alt mode - Is that VW Bug? Did they need a license for that? I would have thought, if any BB mold would be a perfect VW Bug,it would be the 86 version. I'll still get it, the robot mode looks better than the Netflix version.

Metalhawk - Again? This is the fourth one since TR. I don't know how it will be significantly better than the last one. I don't need it, unless it has a legit Pretender shell.

Netflix Soundwave - Again?? After the Dramatic Capture set and the upcoming 3-pack, I don't need this. If I bought it, they'd reveal SS86 Soundwave two weeks after I get it in the mail.

Other thoughts:

WFC Soldier - Had no idea who this was until I read his name on the box. I'm happy for those that want it, but for me, I see stuff like this as holding us back from a proper Botanica, Playback, Alana, or Nightscream.

Steeljaw - Looks like a cheap Easter basket toy.

Straxus - Undecided. I'm fine with my Generations figure. I'm already at a place where I feel like I need a bigger house for all these TFs.

• Like Like x 1
  19. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Hmm.....
    I'm sitting here asking myself, "Is this SS86 version better than the SIEGE Springer"?
    YES!
    But! "Is it worth $55-$60"?
    NO!

I didn't have much of a problem with the SIEGE version to begin with. So like Blaster I'm not hell bent on replacing him because of a few upgrades. But if that changes in the coming months I'm going to play the waiting game for a lower price next since Blitzwing has been shelf warming at my local Wal-Mart and Target for over a year now. And with the boat load of TF figures that are coming next year, it's almost guaranteed that anything lingering from this year will end up at clearance or at Ross or Ollies.

20. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    He looks ok, but just reminds me a lot of barricade. The massive hollow spaces and what looks to be limited articulation really do him a disservice. Also the deco is kinda sewage-y, like it looks like someone smeared it onto em.

I want to like him, but he just looks kinda… idk, combiner wars-ish?

Last edited: May 14, 2024
    • Like Like x 1