Transformers Tuesdays

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SinisterSpinister, Aug 10, 2020.

1. WereDragon EX

WereDragon EX Well-Known Member

Though as MPs, Takara can charge whatever they want, so the licensing fee was probably passed to the customer.

2. Ravewind

Ravewind Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not doing him in the new BB mold is leaving money on the table. There's no reason to NOT do it.

• Like Like x 9
  3. AcademyofDrX

AcademyofDrX BM & IDW2 apologist, team clear windows

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Oh yeah, if they licensed for the Missing Link figure, they could've done the same thing with this one. Probably just about cost then, or future mold use like others have said.

4. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Missing Missing Link Link

• Like Like x 1
  5. Phil Bond

Phil Bond Well-Known Member

It would be insane for them to modify an old version of the mold when they could have just used Missing Link. Thank you for at least being able to admit it’s not Missing Link. That’s uncommon today.

But where did the new thigh piece come from? Throw out an idea. Get crazy. Let’s hear it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. moonDUST

moonDUST Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    It is almost as if the upper part of the car is taken from Bumper/Bumblejumper and they added Bumblebee elements to the lower half..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I still want this good gator boi though

eoz2dco4jg361.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  8. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Well, when was SS86 Commander class Ultra Magnus revealed and released... His reveal wasn't until July and I don't think he was released online until Oct/Nov.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

Steeljaw - After finally getting an opaque Eject for Blaster, I was waiting for Steeljaw so I can give him to Twincast and ditch the tranlucent Rewind.

Bumblebee - The only thing I like better about this new mold is that the roof of the car isn't upside down in robot mode and there is no parts-forming. But I like everything else about the Netflix Bumblebee mold better. If Hasbro is moving on from the earlier Bumblebee/Cliffjumper frame, I guess I can officially give up hope on getting a Bumper retool from that mold.

Springer - It looks slightly better than Siege Springer. But it isn't better enough to get me to pay Leader price for a new version of a figure I already have that I only paid Voyager price for.

Nothing else shown appeals to me.

As for pipeline reveals, I'm interested in Deluxe Optimus Prime and possibly Metalhawk.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Whole lotta win in this one. I was initially disappointed with Springer but I pulled my Seige one off the shelf and after making some comparisons there are a LOT of improvements to this new one.

Bumblebee is an insta-buy.

STRAXUS!!! Done RIGHT!!! insta-buy. Already pre-ordered.

Decepticon trooper looks great, way better than Breakdown. Insta-buy.

Skywarp... yeah, just to complete the trio. I get that in the movie he was mostly grey but I still would have preferred black

Steeljaw is just okay. I would have preferred a better base character and fewer accessories. Still, it's ten bucks, so I'll buy it.

I already got the first run of the TF vinyl but I preordered another copy because I'm a hiphop head.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I like the SS86 Bee... I think the black windows would look better with a high gloss black instead of matte.

• Like Like x 1
  12. WereDragon EX

And that's what our wallets are all afraid of. Doesn't look like we'll see any such hypothetical figures until 2026 at the earliest though. On the note of leaving money on the table, where's my Buzzsaw, Hasbro?!

13. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

Since Netflix Bee will prolly never get another release, this will have to do. It does capture the penny racer look of G1

Springer… i think I’m good with my Siege Springer.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ravewind

Ravewind Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, revealed at SD Comic Con in mid July and released in late Sept/early Oct.

• Like Like x 1
  15. WereDragon EX

Does not having the VW license count as a downgrade? Though on the other hand, no partsforming.

16. 8bitboy

8bitboy Well-Known Member

Just in time to give my take.

Steeljaw: I am not into Blaster so this is never gonna happen. However, what's on display is amazing. I won't take that away from anyone who's into the character.

Decepticon Generic: The gamer edition series have had a few more misses than hits. I ain't gonna lie that this take doesn't impress me very much especially because it's based on the Barricade mold. Will wait for reviews.

BB Skywarp: Pass.

86 Springer: Well, well, well. See, I have Siege Springer and what's on display doesn't appear that different. I like the new parts they have added as well as the accessories but I don't know if I am willing to go down the "Leader Triple Changer of the month" road again like I did with Sandstorm. Toy's like Springer, rape wallets.

86 Bumblebee: So this version doesn't partsform? I like. I like the look of the robot mode more than the vehicle mode. Colour is spot on. Do I replace my Netflix Bumblebee? meh... Hard call honestly. Will wait for later reviews.

Straxus: Call me. Call. Me. That is one hot Marvel comic Straxus. This is the hottest figure in the wave for me. mmmhhh. I wanna tap dat!

Future Reveals

Energon Galvatron: Pass.

Boulderdash redeco: Pass.

Quake: So I own the Titans Return version. I like it a lot. This new one will be more toy accurate than the TT version for sure. Not sure yet if I will replace him. Time will tell.

Slipstream: Will wait for reviews. I never liked the most recent Windblade due to proportions and not being G1 enough. So looking forward to reviews.

Deluxe Optimus Prime: Pass.

Metalhawk (repaint): Pass.

Animated Motormaster: What is that? No. Pass.

Soundwave: I am only excited for the 3 cassettes. Buzzsaw better be a member of the lot. Wondering if Laserbeak and Ravage will be rereleased but more accurate to the toys.

Armada Galvatron: Pass.

Last edited: May 14, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  17. SaiyanBot

SaiyanBot Well-Known Member

What improvements? For me the biggest issue I have is the cockpit attaching to the hood and difficult it to snap in place without SNAPPING the clear plastic cockpit piece(and I do realize that this may be a ME issue and or my personal copy) but just curious what improvements were made besides accessories

18. Firestorm

Firestorm Red Mage in Training

Alright, locked in a preorder for Straxus. So now I have Bee, Straxus, and Steeljaw ordered.

So Straxus will take his rightful place in my collection, and the old Generations figure will be permanently made a part of my Legends+ collection, since he scales great with MFT Blaster.

Steeljaw I don't have a huge interest in as a character, but feels like I need him to give Blaster more than one cassette.

Bumblebee is everything I have ever wanted from a Bee figure. He looks almost spot-on to the cartoon in both modes. I think his transformation looks similar to MP-21, though I could be wrong. Can't wait to get him.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheException78

TheException78 CIA's Most Wanted

Instagram:
    The more I look at Springer the more I have PTSD flashbacks of the tabs on my Seige Springer's legs eroding away with each transformation

• Like Like x 2
  20. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Anyone else surprisingly impressed by the decpticon infantry??? Like DAMN that’s a good remold.

• Like Like x 5