Transformers Tuesdays

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SinisterSpinister, Aug 10, 2020.

1. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Doesn't matter. Hasbro's IP.
    FunPub made SG under license from Hasbro.

• Like Like x 3
  2. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    Not sure why you bold certain parts of your sentences without any sense of intent, but...

The rights were never FunPub’s to start with. They had a license, which is different; as long as Hasbro gave the thumbs up, they had the carte blanche to do most whatever they liked, but at the end of the day, everything, even new concepts like Shattered Glass, belonged to Hasbro.

• Like Like x 4
  3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Or maybe he was just mistaken? Not sure we have to add an element of maliciousness to his statement. Because he also said something that people assumed meant Cliffjumper and Bee wouldn't have the same transformation. And he also said something people interpreted as Omega being repacked for Earthrise. It's also possible between when he took Qs and when the figures finally came out things changed.

This is why Hasbro typically says "We'll see." when asked speculative questions.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Yeah, these redecos are actually quite interesting. I think SG sorta did have a bad rep for a few reasons, but mostly due it being "Neat Idea, Poor Execution." Also, if SSSS Gridman is to show of anything, Shattered Glass still has quite an interesting history and the concept has some potential and have at least some existing worldbuilding bits i might be interested in tackling some time.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Yeah, every thing that FP created under the Transformers banner became Hasbro's property.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Wow. So, after all that hype the dude was giving yesterday I was hoping for something much cooler as far as "obscurity" goes. Plus, I feel like saying this was obscure and that it would even be something "everyone would rush to get" was a massive over-exaggeration. Or maybe this guy doesn't realize that anyone who's been in this fandom for some time would, unfortunately, know about Shattered Ass since Fun Publications constantly was pushing that universe for years. Honestly, Shattered Ass is one of the dumbest things to come out of Transformers and really deserves to stay dead since FP lost the license. Oh well, that's $50 saved for me, but I honestly feel bad for people who actually like this drivel... now they're going to be upset when more Shattered Ass doesn't show up through Selects. Not to mention there was so many better repaint and retool options available than this nonsense.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 SKREEEEEEEOONK

It's a shame that more people aren't into Ratchet's medical scrubs. I think they look great, personally. I hope, given the general apathy to this set, that it won't be hard to find for a good price.

8. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

I just noticed the grey stripe makes Ratchet look incredibly bland and the blue feet does his alt no favors.

9. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

Easy money for a 3P company to cast heads and headbands. I know I'd buy one!

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shattered Glass....

Well then...money saved.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven’t had time to read back through the thread and it’s probably already been said, but I’m glad this solves the mystery of the selects ratchet priced as a leader in TRU’s system.

Any ways I’m probably in the small minority of fans who loves the SG stuff, so Hasbro keep them coming! :D 

• Like Like x 8
  12. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    Ive never owned anything shattered glass so I preordered. I\'d like to have something from every continuity 

13. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. User_124141

User_124141 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't way for the next Tuesday Disappointment reveal

15. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

The reason I didn't believe it is because I'm not usually that connected.

16. Yoshimon7

Yoshimon7 Potion Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don’t you love it when things work out that way. Leader price ratchet mystery solved :thumb 

I also personally love shattered glass. Evil alternate universe counterparts is such a simple yet intriguing concept to me. The Justice lords from the old Justice league cartoon for example.

Keep the shatter glass stuff coming :bowdown: 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    The Harmacist
    Not at all, SG Megatron was a jet, not a missile truck. If Doubledealer's gonna be a Megatron, I'd rather it be the pre-Beast Wars megatron. If we get a SG Megatron, I'd rather it be the Kingdom Galvatron rumored to come up.
    So like, did everyone forget about Rodimus Unicronus from PotP? It wasn't a good figure, sure, but it was a mass retail SG figure.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  18. Matt Overholser

Matt Overholser Well-Known Member

I don\'t really like the whole reversal thing of SG, but dam the purple on these is sharpe. Now to try to figure out if I can turn this Optimus into a different character. 

19. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

Here's the conversation if you find that so hard to believe:

SmartSelect_20200908-162644_Gallery.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Suboptimal Optimus

Suboptimal Optimus Burn it all down

Rodimus Unicronus status as a 'mass retail Shattered Glass figure' is....only halfway there. Initial photo showed him with a purple Autobot logo, which combined with his color scheme and facial hair marked him as clearly SG Rodimus under a new name. The final figure, however, is branded both on the box and on the stickers as a Decepticon presumably because Hasbro thought releasing a mainline 'evil mirror universe Autobot' was going to 'too confusing'. So Rodimus Unicronus isn't quite Shattered Glass Rodimus, but an evil Unicron corrupted Rodimus who is now a Decepticon and just so happen to share the color scheme of SG Rodimus.

• Like Like x 1