Transformers TPB/OMNIBUS Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by TonyzCustomz, Jan 14, 2008.

1. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I really want to check out the G1 and G.I. Joe vs. sets. I was wondering if anyone has these and can tell me the quality and such and how they are set up. I never bout one and was wondering do they just slap all the comics in order or are the alternate covers in it with sketches and other bits of info? Also what is the difference between the two (omnibus and tpb) and are there any recommendations as to others that are worth picking up? Thanks guys.

2. Nightcrawler777

Nightcrawler777 Spooky-Bot

i have the Premiere Collection from IDW and i love it..
    It does have a Cover gallery but no sketches..

Nice thick paper and well Bound..

3. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Good to know that the quality is good and you get all the Covers. Do you have a link to the premier?

4. Nightcrawler777

5. Nightcrawler777

6. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Thanks for the link, never read any of them so this is definitely worth it. I also got G.I. Joe Vs. The Transformers omnibus and the original G1 comic omnibus. I think all that will hold me over for a while, although I would like to get the War Within TPB but do you think it will come bundled together in the next premier volume?

7. Nightcrawler777

I'm really hoping so..

8. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Probably not I was looking at Wikipedia (link) and it is from Dreamwave, the premier seems to only have IDW Publishing series's. Have to get it soon then.

9. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I was so excited about the tf premeire edition thinking it would have ALL the covers and ALL the sketches in the back of the trades, only to find out it had SOME of the covers andNONE of the sketches. I was actually hoping for more new E.J. and DON concepts and sketches but we didn't even get what was in the trades...so for the price I was disappointed.

10. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

^^^Ditto. I have the Premiere edition, and, well, it's lacking.

Don't get me wrong, I always prefer to get an Absolute-sized volume of a story I like. I have Absolute Watchmen, Absolute New Frontier, and a few others. I think the size is worth the money.

I also think the additional material is worth the money.

Pretty much every Absolute Edition includes at least one cover of all the issues represented within, and at least some non-cover additional material, like sketches and retrospective essays.

I guess I feel especially let down by the fact that I still haven't seen Prime or Megatron's Cybertron alternate modes. I know these modes were in the Stormbringer TPB, but I guess I just assumed the Premiere edition, being pricier and touted as "better" in every way, would at least replicate the extras in the other books.

I know this sounds really negative, but I actually do recommend the Premiere edition. Just don't expect any supplemental material.

11. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    ^^^

Thanks for the honest opinions, never had any of the comics so I doubt I will miss a lot of the extras, though they would have been nice.