Transformers Toys And Merchandise At German Toy Fair 2017

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wait for the ToyFair, it's like 16 days after this.

2. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    was that ever specifically stated? seems like a pretty big leap in logic.
    the main reason i've hard for that case assortment was to get more autobots out because some dipshit at hasbro marketing seems to think that "bad guys dont sell"

• Like Like x 2
  3. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL, EVERYONE towers over Metroplex. :D  G1 Omega Supreme, Powermaster Prime and Sixshot, even. Given how he was never released in Hungary at the time, it wasn't until the era of the internet when I found out just how ridiculously small he was. Understandable, since he was a toy made for Diaclone, after all, while Trypticon was developed for Transformers.
    Same surprise when I got an Ultra Magnus and found out he is easily larger than all the 1986 gestalts. :D 

• Like Like x 4
  4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    The last few toy conventions have been nothing but disappointments.

• Like Like x 1
  5. shadowbug

shadowbug Well-Known Member

I fear early leaks last year were to blame on the reveals that we got from conventions; but overall, yes, they were a letdown. Also, the SDCC exclusives is what ultimately seemed meh for me, I would have bet the farm 2 years ago we would have gotten a CW Devastator in G2 colors.

6. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    How is it a disappointment when we knew going in the only info that'd come out would be from leaks/NDA violations?

It's this way every. Single. Year.

I always just assumed the lack of beast modes was because it's harder to find reuses for those compared to vehicles.

• Like Like x 1
  7. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Actually, Trypticon was designed for the same Diaclone Scramble City line. He works with the team leaders while Metro works with the limbs.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Same idiot who convinced Hasbro that nobody wanted a Stinger toy probably.

9. Tronimus

Tronimus Well-Known Member

On the topic of Beasts, I'm still surprised Takara hasn't announced anything for their Unite Warriors line. I thought for sure they would.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah , it looks like their UW and their legends line will be mostly waiting for the movie stuff to end.

On one hand that gives me time to save some money on the other hand there is nothing but movie stuff really over the next 5 months ( god bomber is about it )

11. MartyFeeb

MartyFeeb Wait... it's a bug?!

News Credits:
    No.

Only a puny Autobot would "wait for ToyFair". A Decepticon warrior would seize some contraband pictures from this German toy fair.

Yeah, and this year I vow to avoid most of it. I've been buying just to have a new TF, and cause it's amazing to see product actually stocked by stores! :eek:  But the overkill they do with the movies... ugh. Like there's no room for anything else buy Bay's Insectibots. :puke: 

This year, either we save money or it's a windfall for our 3P budgets! :lol  #StopTheMovieBotInsanityHasbro

• Like Like x 2
  12. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

Show your magic and show me the german fair you decepticon rebel.

#AutobotFTw
    #decepticonwtf

• Like Like x 1
  13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Fuckin' hell, "some dipshit at Hasbro marketing." No wonder Hasbro doesn't cater to "adult" fans anymore, they never act the part.

Thing is, villains don't see as well as heroes, especially when they're so underdeveloped like Stinger. Kids aren't particularly chuffed over owning that one faceless, mindless mook who got his ass kicked faster than he got introduced. Power Rangers has been trying pretty hard to push MOW bad guys themselves with mixed results. (mostly not successful, but they sell due to being limited in numbers) Other lines though villains are still few and far between. Pretending it's not a reality, or pretending Hasbro alone is guilty of producing few villains, borders on irrationality.

You want to put blame on why AOE saw so few villain toys? Look at how many actual villains we got in the movie. Galvatron and Lockdown, and Galvatron was hardly all that significant. Stinger was a generic who just happened to have a name. He wasn't a person, he didn't do anything. He's most known for being "red Bumblebee." I'm not surprised he wasn't marketted in hindsight, I can't imagine there was much demand. At least in the first movie the 'Cons were so few in numbers they were easier to remember and stood out. And they weren't bloody drones. Stinger could've easily been mistaken for one of those red Trax 'bots, and vice-versa.

Hopefully TLK fixes that. We at least have a set Decepticon cast with Barricade, and... Crankcase with a new name and feet. (it's something at least?) In fact... in the preview line alone we now have just as many villain figures for TLK confirmed as AOE had in its entire Generations line. Assuming we'll at least get a Megatron figure of some kind, it's already an improvement.

• Like Like x 1
  14. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And the Leaders.

Trypticon's Leader compatibility isn't integral to the toy, it's via two add on pieces. It's quite possible those were added. I don't think I've seen anything definitvely linking Trypticon with Diaclone. If you have then link please?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Well, the truth still stands that there were only three bad guys and Hasbro failed to produce the only one that could have been done as a straight Bumblebee repaint...because in the film his robot mode was literally a bumblebee repaint. Yeah, I know the alt. mode was different but even a red BB deluxe repaint representing a guy in the film would have been better than some random-ass Tracks repaint that had nothing to do with the line.

• Like Like x 2
  16. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Quite certain Metro does not interact with the leaders. Only Trypticon does that, hence the reasoning why both were most definitely designed for Diaclone.

Maz is the expert on Diaclone, though.

17. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You talk about this?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    As much as repaints seem to be so important to the survival of HASBRO (at least to hear some tell it) a Stinger figure should have been a no-brainer.

• Like Like x 1
  19. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, but I wanted evidence that linked Trypticon to Diaclone. The links there are provided by support posts that are added under the folded out legs and are made of a material not found on the main toy

• Like Like x 1
  20. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hotspot and Motormaster's base modes clip onto the sides of the folded out legs in base mode.

Silverbolt's landing gear and the back on Onslaught's head allows their base mode ramps to be attached to the tips of the folded out legs.

Bear with, will find pictures.

EDIT: From the Scrambled City website Scrambled!-Metroflex's page

sc4.gif

EDIT2: As depicted in the Japanese Metroplex Instructions

metroplex_linkUP.JPG

EDIT3: Image is a bit small, but the functionality is described on his TFWiki page

Metroplex (G1) - Transformers Wiki

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 2