Transformers toy line for GIRLS

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MartyFeeb, Dec 31, 2016.

?

Girl-centric TF toyline/cartoon?

1. Awesome idea! I'm on board!

29 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. Meh... I don't know... could be good or bad...

55 vote(s)
    31.1%
  3. Terrible idea. This would hurt the brand and/or fail badly.

93 vote(s)
    52.5%
  1. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    If you can only play with toys of fictional characters because they share your gender, you don't have enough imagination to play with toys.

• Like Like x 8
  2. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    Belville I'm guessing.

3. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    This^^^^

• Like Like x 2
  4. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Exactly!!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    Oooor that there needs to be more representation of strong female characters in media so girls can grow up knowing that they don't have to just be the princess who always has to be rescued by a man, or that all women have to have the same hourglass figure or some junk.

This is true for any demographic that isn't "straight white guy".

• Like Like x 3
  6. Prime Wylde

Prime Wylde Candy Coated

News Credits:
    Transformers should just incorporate more female aesthetic. it's a story of people.

I've never cared for gender specific marketed toys.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    If you think TF could have changes regarding gender, that's fine, but what do sexuality and race have to do with it? Transformers come in literally every color.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SpectrumBelle

SpectrumBelle blorp.

I voted for a specific subline, but honestly? I'd rather Hasbro made changes to be more inclusive in the mainline.

9. SpectrumBelle

SpectrumBelle blorp.

The more I think about it, the more unnecessary and borderline insulting the idea seems to me, haha. Girls don't need some separate "girly" toyline. All that does is reinforce "regular TFs are for boys" even further, well intentioned or not.

• Like Like x 3
  10. soull

soull Well-Known Member

News Credits:

This is horse shit. Kids play with toys to help them figure out the world and how to interact with other people. When there is not a healthy amount of representation for everyone, whether it's gender, race, build, or whatever, kids see that as being worth less in society. Telling a person they are unimaginative because they want to see themselves represented in a media is no different then telling them they are not worth anything because they do not conform to an ideal (this goes both ways, girl or boy). Yeah, some girls got into Transformers even without there being a lot of females but so what? Why does that mean females shouldn't be catered to?

When Hasbro realized they had attracted a large male following with MLP: FIM they expanded their product line for those men. They can do the same for girls who like transformers. I'm all for a line of girl Transformers just like I'd love to see more girls put in the main lines. Either way, I don't see how more girls is a bad thing worth complaining about by people who already have plenty of male representation.

• Like Like x 3
  11. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    Having more female characters is not a bad thing. Creating a line where the gimmick is gender is. The best way to show girls they can do anything, is to show them that in the real world. They can do whatever they want regardless of how many female robots are bashing each other in.

• Like Like x 2
  12. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I see Legos in the girl's toy aisle. No reason there can't be a Star Wars or Transformers or superheroes in the girl's toy aisle either.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    I don't think think transformers needs a line main, sub or otherwise. On the "pink aisle". The franchise just needs to get over it's "smurfette syndrome" and include more ladybots, in the fiction, and then make sure they actually get toys of them made. Or conversely, if the female fanbase take a liking to a male/genderless character, like say Rung, Rewind, or Bob the Insecticon, then make one, Pronto.

And lately, Hasbro has been doing a fairly decent job of that with introductions of characters like Windblade,Strongarm, Victorion, Rum-mage, and Nickle. We just need more of those characters to make the jump from the comics and onto more tv screens, more toy shelves, and gods forbid more movies.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is it. Not the nightmare fuel I remember, but the Lego brand would be better off without them. At least the friends aesthetics aren't objectively bad, even if I believe a girl considering Lego isn't going to base their decision on whether the sets offer a pink overdose with every box.

15. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've been buying Transformers since Generation One and here's the two problems I've had with SOME female transformers toys. Either they're hard to find/never show up at regular stores OR their toys SUCK.

The only way I'd EVER support a girls line is if it's a small 10 figure store exclusive (Target?) line that uses repaints of the best pre-existing fembot molds. However, these figures could just as easily be put into the main line itself as repaints or figures featured in multipacks, so a line deicated to girls with its own unique packaging seems pointless. Hasbro can still get these female transformers toys out to market without having to disrupt anything. Looking at the molds and remolds listed below, there's a bit to choose from. And this isn't even everyone because I didn't include stuff like legends class, humans alliance, repaints, etc. :

Beast wars Air razor
    Beast wars blackarachinia (it's a tarantulas repaint)
    Transmetal air razor
    Tm2 blackarachinia
    Beast machines blackarachinia
    Beast machines strika
    Energon arcee
    Cybertron override (was a boy in Japan)
    Cybertron thunder blast
    Tf 2007 arcee
    Universe fracture (classics mirage repaint)
    Animated blackarachinia
    Animated arcee
    Rotf arcee
    Rotf chromia
    Rotf elita-1 (repaints)
    Prime arcee 1st edition
    Prime arcee
    Prime airachnid
    Prime slipstream (prime starscream remold)
    Beast Hunters arcee
    Beast hunters ripclaw
    Generations windblade
    Generations arcee
    Generations chromia
    Generations nightbird (arcee remold)
    Generations blackarachinia (animated remold)
    Combiner wars victorion
    Unite warriors megatronia
    Prid strongarm figures
    Prid windblade figures

From my personal experience, I never found these in stores: beast wars blackarachinia, transmetal 2 blackarachinia, beast machines strika, generations windblade, generations arcee, generations chromia.

And these figures just suck: all of the rotf bike sisters, prime airachnid, generations windblade.

So overall there's at least a good number of decent figures that can easily be rereleased/repainted to cater to girls and placed in whatever generations-y line is currently running at the time. If you really want to hammer home girl-aimed figures, then you could do two 5-packs each featuring the 5 best Autobot and Decepticon fembot molds from the Transformers toylines. Maybe even have fans vote on which 5 to include in each box from the list of figures I mentioned above.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  16. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Hasbro would be making a huge mistake splitting Transfomers into specifically "for boys" and "for girls" lines like they did for Nerf, and like how Lego created the new "doll" figurines, which are strictly inferior to standard minifigs, for their Disney Princess and Elves lines, the latter I was hoping would be gender neutral.

• Like Like x 3
  17. geezerman402

geezerman402 Well-Known Member

While the minidolls have less functionality than the standard minifig, it all came from their market research, and ultimately Friends is now one of their top selling themes. Lego definitely didn't make a huge mistake.

That said, a 'for girls' Transformers line sounds odd. Just add some more fembots to the universe, rather than make a robot with a purse for an alt mode.

18. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    Didn't Mattel do this very thing way back when with Masters of the Universe, by doing She-Ra? I remember that being a pretty big hit with girls, as well as boys who wanted He-man to have his sister with him. I knew quite a few girls that got Hordak, which was a She-Ra villain, but was in the MotU line. My friends sister was a huge He-Man fan( still is). She collected both and nobody thought differently about it. She was a kid playing with what she liked. By the way, she loved barbie too.
    A child (girl or boy) is going to like whatever appeals to them wether its for boys or for girls.
    If they did do an all female line of TFs aimed specifically at girls, i wouldn't have a problem with it. If there cool enough, hell I'd get them for myself.
    The thing is, society has changed quite a bit over the years, and it just doesnt matter what is aimed at whatever gender someone is.

• Like Like x 1
  19. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I kinda... don't care.

Actually I'd love to see NERF Rebelle sales figures to see if a girl oriented TF line would sell or not. If it did? Great. I'd buy the ones I liked the look of. If there isn't one? Great. I'd save some money.

I'd win either way.

20. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

An all female line of transformers sounds cool, I'm for any new story-lines that shake up the status quo so long as they elevate Transformers fiction out of the sewers that are the Michael Bay movies. What I'd really want out of a line like that is more figures that don't depict females as a sex object, like Strika. I want more unique female transformers, and I'd prefer they look more like robots than human women because they're Cybertronians, not humans.

• Like Like x 3