Transformers TLK trailer Wednesday

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RazorX3000, Apr 7, 2017.

1. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Shocked...

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ryan101

Ryan101 That Dude

News Credits:
    Hey guys, sorry if this was pointed out already but I just noticed that in the very last scene in the trailer Optimus doesn't have the red on his face. He has red on his face in every other scene, however.
    EDIT: Actually he doesn't have it when he gets punched by the Knights or when he jumps off of Dragonstorm, too.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  3. Joeyz1231

Joeyz1231 Randomly shows up

At this point I'm thinking it might just have been worn out from the battles or a miss on the animation department

4. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Banned

News Credits:
    look what i made

• Like Like x 11
  5. Pinky Prime

Pinky Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn! That was epic as hell!

6. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Banned

News Credits:

7. HeartMachine3578

HeartMachine3578 New Member

I agree, that was sweet.

8. Sixshot93

Sixshot93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The trailer's at four million views on YouTube currently.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Facebook is even more impressive with 13 million views and it's still trending on YouTube.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Pinky Prime

Pinky Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's also just the main upload, multiple channels uploaded the trailer and most of them have a few hundred thousand to a couple million views. Plus account for the reaction videos and the views that those got and sites like IMDB posting their own copies of the trailer and the views that the trailer got on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and whatnot.
    Plus then the trailer will likely be shown with Fate of the Furious and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in theaters, which will account for tens of millions of people.
    This trailer will have no shortage of views.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Sixshot93

Sixshot93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully the main upload from the official TLK YouTube will go higher because honestly? Screw Thor: Ragnarok. Both TLK and Star Wars will whoop its overrated hide.

Not to brag, but, y'know.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Lord Ultron

Lord Ultron Well-Known Member

I think that the red comes from the wound he has on his face. That wound disappeares when the Knights attack Prime, so maybe, in that scene something cures his face.

13. Carcascan

Carcascan Well-Known Member

The red mark on Megatron that appears identical to Optimus makes me think that perhaps Megatron isn't actually on Autobot/protagonist side. There is a probability that he fights Optimus as part of his ego. If the red paint indeed turns out to be some sort of mark of Quintessa's agent. It could be that Megatron isn't willing to share the deed with Optimus and he wants to take all the glory all for himself, more along the way with "Okay you got this far, now I'll finish it myself, you're done here Optimus" and they fight.

I think the outcome that will come out is either, Megatron beat Optimus till he suddenly regain his consciousness and free from Quintessa, then he defeat Megatron, or evil Optimus defeat Megatron and then he proceed to upper level and fight BB, OR I hope for once Megatron come out alive...
    It's probably like DOTM where Megatron inadvertently destroying whatever plan he had.

14. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    Damn!

15. Jazzmustlive123

Jazzmustlive123 jazz died thinking he's the coolest

Damn that was better than the official trailer awesome!

16. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People can have varying opinions on the trailer and dont need to be positive the entire time - doing so provides no discussion and shows a lack of critical analysis - demonstrating poor ability to think logical and decipher what works, what doesnt work, and why. If you are so insecure that you cannot deal with someone having a varying opinion then i'm not sure why you even bother being on this site. Grow up and realise that people have different opinions rather than try to passive-agreesively insult them into changing.

You have been here since 2012 and 2011 respectively, you both should know that people can have other opinions at this stage.

I praised the most recent trailer and my only teeny tiny issue with the trailer was the lack of an epic ending shot, at least five other members agreed with my viewpoint. Seeing Optimus do generic slicing of generic cloned Transformers is boring - so your comment does not apply to me and is generally proof that you simply did not pay attention.

I have also reported you RazorX3000 as this is not the first time you've dragged people into a conversation simply to flame bait them.

I kind of prefer the trailer we've gotten - both end on what i view as a fairly generic shot, Optimus killing generic copies of Transformers. The music you used fits more with the sort of futuristic metal-like sounds i'd expect from a Transformers trailer but i'm not sure they really fit with the trailer. Your editing was enjoyable though, look forward to seeing more of your edits.

As a sidenote, any chance you could play around with the trailer and potentially edit it so that it ends on a better shot? I dont know why, just the Optimus Vs Stuff doesnt really feel as epic because we've seen a lot of it in the movies and in other trailers/teasers.

What's the name of the monument? Looks cool :3

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I understand what you're saying, but my point is this: There have been times when you or burnout have shared your opinions towards the movie or trailer or whatever, and those opinions ended up starting an entire discussion overflowing with negativity and back and forth banter as to why the movies/trailers aren't "this" or "that". Obviously I am fine with others having different opinions. It's just that sometimes you (not you specifically, just in general) have to realize that continuously sharing your views can start a war within the boards. @Bravemaximike's post is the perfect example of what you and Burnout should do sometimes. It also doesn't help that you two often state your opinions as facts and try to enforce your views on others by replying to other people's opposing opinions, which makes you look like a hypocrite given the sentence you typed in bold.

And as for reporting me.. what? Sure, I think there was maybe one time where I raged at you, but that was like, what? 2014? I don't know, but reporting me is a little weird. Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say with all this. I'm not meaning to degrade you or burnout or anyone else with similar views. It's just sometimes you start conversations revolving around negative opinions on the film, and sometimes simply stepping aside and letting people hype up the movie is best. That's all.

• Like Like x 5
  18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    There was a thread a while back that talked about this place. it's a very stylized modern statue place featuring warriors from Russia's past around Russia and that it questions if the designers from Transformers took inspiration from this. Either way it would be neat if we got a glimpse of this in TLK.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It just feels like you are blaming the direction of a conversation on one or two members- who may not even have a role in the conversation after bringing up the initial opinion or observation. If people want to discuss something, they do so - most of the time people are looking for an opening to discuss a certain aspect of the movie and may not notice an aspect till someone else brings it up. It's not the fault of me or burnout if several other members also want to discuss something that we mentioned - and it is not stopping anyone from talking about something else.

If you are on about long conversations between myself and another member - that does not force everyone else to discuss it also either.

For example;
    Recently someone else remarked about the trailer and casually mentioned their opinions on the CGI - they did not even focus on it. Then everyone started to discuss the CGI quality. The initial person is not particularly to blame for the discussion occuring and any resulting negativity from that discussion comes primarily from how people feel about the aspect they are discussing.

It also feels like you dislike the negative opinions on the trailers/movies, i can understand why that is, but it's a natural part of the movies and i dont think anyone is ever intending to completely trash the franchise as a whole - even the few who come on here primarily to troll and say the movies are bad occasionally mention aspects that provoke a better discussion of the franchise. Personally i've always approached the movies hoping to see some improvement, i mention any flaws or issues i have solely for that potential improvement in the future - i view acknowledging them as a way to ensure they are fixed in future; as has been the situation with every movie, each takes aspects from the previous movies and re-works them or adapts based on fan reactions (I believe someone once made a long post showing the main fan complaints after each movie and how the next movie attempted to fix them)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I'll say this much; Bayformers as a whole might be awful movies, but they know how to make exciting trailers.