Transformers: Til All Are One #6

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by ZeroiaSD, Dec 28, 2016.

1. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Do we somehow not have a reaction thread here already....?

If we don't, here we go!

Who else has picked up and read TAAO 6? What'd you think? :) 

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Thought this was okay, solid characterization and dialogue but just like the last issue, severely decompressed. Is a really fast read which I suppose is because of the simplistic nature of the plot that doesn't allow for much content per chapter.

Nice art though.

3. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    As always, I really liked it but I agree that it felt over way too quickly. I wonder what Elita did to the Carcer Titan (if it even is Carcer)

Aww! Sparkstalker and Lightbright are adorable, I hope nothing happens to them.

4. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

I still think it's Tempo. And it could be transforming would reveal that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. battlefudge

battlefudge Still in the biz...

I liked it. I like where they are using the characters. Good stuff with Windblade and Starscream. I love that SS is still talking to Ghost bumblebee. Solid issue that I would categorize as setup.
    Couple of questions (not gripes, even though it may read that way:
    1. Did Windblade move Metroplex's brain module? I also didn't understand why that was necessary?
    2. Why was devastator not deployed against the titans?
    3. I really question the strategy of Windblade's plan. Why attack? I get that she needed a diversion, but didn't we already have a diversion with the invasion? Surely a two or three bot team would be easier to sneak onboard than half a dozen.
    4. We are only told that the titans are doing damage. One bot gets his arm a little hurt, and the beasts get swatted out of the sky. Other than that we get hardly any scope of the damage. The council had time for a meeting in their meeting room. Everyone took their chairs and was calm. Did not feel like any of the main characters or cybertron for that matter is really in any danger.
    5. Where is Wheeljack?
    6. Good time for Omega Supreme to wake up too.
    [SPOILER}

6. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Re: battlefudge's spoiler questions
    1. Did Windblade move Metroplex's brain module? I also didn't understand why that was necessary?

It seems like they were cutting it off from the body so it wouldn't take damage... I guess from the other titans mobbing him.

2. Why was devastator not deployed against the titans?

Emergency reserve, I'd assume.

3. I really question the strategy of Windblade's plan. Why attack? I get that she needed a diversion, but didn't we already have a diversion with the invasion? Surely a two or three bot team would be easier to sneak onboard than half a dozen.

Two or three bots are also much easier to stop, just a few guards.

4. We are only told that the titans are doing damage. One bot gets his arm a little hurt, and the beasts get swatted out of the sky. Other than that we get hardly any scope of the damage. The council had time for a meeting in their meeting room. Everyone took their chairs and was calm. Did not feel like any of the main characters or cybertron for that matter is really in any danger.

Starscream did say they've lost half the city, but yea, some damage shots would be nice.

5. Where is Wheeljack?
    6. Good time for Omega Supreme to wake up too.

Not sure, and yes it would be.

7. Hidden Elephant

Hidden Elephant Diggity.

I felt like the issue was a bit poor. I felt like that stupidity happened, but I'm not sure what the stupidity is. I know that pushing Elita-1's buttons is a dumb idea, and it's likely to backfire in ways not previously expected. I guess the easiest thing to do would be to lure all the zambie titans out of the city into the wilderness, then ask the Carcerians to do an orbital bombardment.

8. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Damn, I wish Sara had done art for actual CW. She actually conveyed the scale and destruction of these huge bots very well. Enjoyed the issue. A little brief, but that's mainly because it's ongoing war. Lots of great character bits in the midst of it, GREAT shit from Starscream/Windblade, and man, Elita 1 is COLD.

9. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Sure, but they're at Godzilla Threshold here.

That seems hard when the zombie Titans are going after Metroplex and the citizenry.

10. Hidden Elephant

Hidden Elephant Diggity.

They turned Metroplex off to prevent him from being damaged. Get the Velocitronians to get the Zombie Titans' attentions, as they go after whatever moves.

• Like Like x 1
  11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Why not unleash Bruticus and Menasour on them too?

Also, fighting between themselves while an undead army is ravagin their own world is all levels of stupid.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    My only gripe was that the issue went by too fast.

But other then that I enjoyed it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Ah yea, since they went after what moved! Which is a tactic that has it's limits.

• Like Like x 1
  14. battlefudge

battlefudge Still in the biz...

I think that Bruticus and Menasor would have helped if the individual bots were sold on the idea.

Also, fighting between themselves while an undead army is ravagin their own world is all levels of stupid

True, however that is literally the exact plan to attack Elita and her titan.

15. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    Maybe it's partially due to the scheduling issues, but this "zombie Titans attacking Cybertron" story arc seems way too stretched out for what it is. The threat doesn't seem particularly, well, threatening (undead or not, it's a little silly that these Titans can be taken out by a few regular Cybertronians - the scale issues don't help), plus the actual driving force of them is gone since Sentinel was already defeated, so this mainly feels like the end of Titans Return being dragged out.

The whole time reading this, I was just thinking, "okay, okay, let's just get to the point already" - "the point" being whatever's up with Elita and Carcer, which I feel the story could have arrived at much sooner.

On the upside, though the pacing and larger-scale writing leaves some to be desired, Scott's still really good at character writing, with Starscream and Windblade continuing to develop well as they're subtly reflecting each other during this conflict. And Titan scale aside (which is kind of necessary due to the plot), Sara's art is still really good. It's enough to keep me reading, though I'm looking forward to moving on from this story.

16. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I liked it a lot more than the Optimus one. Was a fun issue and I want the next issue now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. kyPRIME

kyPRIME Banned

YouTube (Legacy):
    didn't like it, Starscream cares about himself only? is he changing? he pretends to change but he's still evil? like decide how you want to write him Scott, you can't develop him as being this bad guy that is always working on some background selfish schemes and in the next issues you show him developing like he cares about what happens with the others, and the same with Winblade, is she the do always good type? is she the sacrifice everything to achieve x goal type? decide already, i can't keep up with what's everyone's personality in the specific issue, if Scott doesn't care to give these characters a solid development then why should i care about them? and what's the purpose of these comics at the end of the day? what are you trying to show Scott? how Starscream can be Windblade and vice versa depending on the situation? then who is the main character of these comics? the situation? because that's the only way any of this makes a grain of sense, this series is ridiculous, no soul, no purpose, the first series Winblade 4-issues was interesting because we discovered a new character, now all that doesn't mean anything because the Windblade vol 1 had one personality, windblade in volume 2 had no personality and now the winblade in till all are one has a different personality in each issue, man... i'm getting tired of this IDW BS

18. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

I didn't get the impression ordinary cybertronians were taking out all that many- hurting them, yes, but not killing.

The zombie titans may be junk by titan standards, but they also seem to be winning.

I dunno, 'huge massive force that no-one can call off,' is pretty scary.

I think fiction overuses 'kill the boss, the army just stops,' stuff. The army's the real danger, not Sentinel!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

On a first read-through, I really enjoyed it, largely because of the solid and subtle character-work, which is the driving force in this series.

The plot logic does seem to fall apart when you reflect on it though, the main reason being: A MASSIVE ARMY OF TITANS IS ATTACKING A TINY SETTLEMENT. The battle should be over in an hour at most. It's great to have a real sense of impending doom in a Transformers comic, but having set that up, you need to give us a realistic sense of how it can be staved off or delayed, and in this case, I don't know how on earth the council have time to convene a meeting - their members can't even retreat from the battlefront faster than the titans can advance. That's before you get to the hours-long task of coordinating an evacuation. And it does stretch credibility that average Transformers can take down a titan, let alone a bunch of them, without getting entire, heavily armed squads inside them.

I'm not sure if the problem is in part due to a disconnect between the visuals and the story - it reminds me in some ways of the personality ticks issue of MTMTE where a tick slices Firestar's buddy in half, and in the very next panel, the threat is apparently distant enough for First Aid to be bending over the body while Firestar looks on. Are we supposed to get a sense of the titans being occupied with some outer wall defences or something?

Essentially, Scott needs some sort of stormshield-like plot macguffin.

She is giving them solid development. You seem to have a problem with their motivations being anything other than crude or simplistic. Starscream cares ultimately for himself, but is getting the hang of statesmanship as a survival mechanism (Ironhide gave him advice to this effect last issue). Windblade is a natural squeaky clean do-gooder who is increasingly finding that she needs to take decisive and ruthless action in order to keep people alive (again, this follows on from the end of the last arc). Scott has 'decided already'; now you need to read what's on the page, right in front of you.

• Like Like x 2
  20. kyPRIME

kyPRIME Banned

YouTube (Legacy):
    thanks for your opinion, but the last time i checked Starscream is the chosen one, not Windblade, Starscream is the leader of Cybertron, he has the enigma, he has combiners, the soldiers of Cybertron and the colonies, and the last time i checked Optimus is on earth with a perfectly functional titan, what are you going to do when an army of dead titans attacks Cybertron? as Starscream you assemble your combiners, your army of soldiers and call Optimus to spacebridge there with his titan? you know since... you rule Cybertron and through that you kinda rule Optimus too... you know like he said he does to his face in the past issues... but i guess in Scotts mind it's better to forget all that above and leave the whole thing to Windblade for some reason to come up with some out of character plan while Starscream gives up, i mean he finally got his dream and all to rule Cybertron and everyone else but now that some dead titans which apparently are very easy to kill as this very issues shows 2 as irrelevant and as standard bots you can find, doing heavy damage to them but i guess Starscream can do nothing.. ok makes sense, i guess if you can read it it automatically makes sense, i didn't know about this rule, if you can read it it makes sense, huh, so i guess it's impossible to write nonsense on paper or what? can you explain how this goes in depth? just so i can have something to laugh at lmao