Transformers: The War for Cybertron

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by barry, Dec 17, 2022.

1. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Transformers: The War for Cybertron Issue 1: 'Welcome to My Nightmare'
    As war rages across the planet of Cybertron the Autobot leader, Optimus Prime reflects on the events that led his race to the edge of destruction.

Synopsis
    Across the horizon of a war torn landscape, explosions light up the night's sky. Seeker jets cut through the clouds, strafing the ground forces by the Autobot stronghold of Iacon before veering away as defensive fire is returned. In the window of a strategic space, Optimus Primes gazes out across the battlefield pondering his place within the Autobot resistance.

In the trenches of the Manganese Mountains, Kup addresses a small group of Autobot warriors, preparing them for the battle they're about to face, emphasizing the importance of holding the ground. The young Autobot, Hot Rod, meets this motivational speach with some scepticism, as a group of Decepticons breaks into the teritory.

As the two forces battle, the field commander of this group of Decepticons, Megatron, a giant purple dinosuar like beast, grabs Kup's arm between his teeth and tears it off from th bicep, with Kup's gun still firing wildly as he cries out in agony. The Autobots are overwhelmed and forced to retreat. As Hardhead and Arcee throw down covering fire, Hot Rod helps Kup to his feet as he leads the group away. Behind them Megatron stands with his troops, transforming from beast to robot, Kups arm still in the jaw of his dinosaur jaw, which has formed the arm of his 'bot mode. A grin cross his face, smug in the knwoledge that another region is under Decepticon control.

The scene cuts to a pristine Cyberton, the ruins we stood in are now the glistening buildings of a Cybertron many, many years in the past. Through the busy streets a younger Optimus, known as Orion Pax at this time, walks alongside Ironhide, debating the qualities of an unseen celebrity. Ironhide voices scepticism that such a person can ever be truly invested in the needs of the lower classes, and that it's more likely they're using the crowd to further thier own agenda.

As they turn a corner they see three Cybertronians on a podium. At the front of the three stands Megatron, a different Megatron than the one we saw. He stands alongside Soundwave and Jhiaxus. Megatron delivers a rousing speach, talking to the stagnacy of thier race and the complacency of the Senate. He speaks of thier golden age of adventure and discovery where the name 'Cybertronian' was synonomous with a bold and progressive outlook that embraced risk. He describes himself, in humble terms, as someone in service that wants to restore the once glorious culture of his planet.

As Pax and Ironhide leave after the speach Ironhide contines to voice doubt as Orion wonders if anything that gives the people hope could be considered a bad thing.

The scene cuts some time ahead to Megatron's declaration of war as Optimus narrates his shock and laments failure to see what was coming, or the brutality of it, as the scene shows a cadre of Decepticon revoloutionaries on the attack.

Optimus is inducted into the Autobot resistance by Impactor and is shown leading a small unit into battle against a squad of Decepticons. The optimistic progressive shows a propensity for war, cutting through lower ranking Decepticons and inspiring the Autobots under his command.

The scene cuts to the present once more, as Soundwave updates Shockwave on the conquest of the Manganese Mountains, expressing some cyncicm as to whetehr the endeveour was a woethwile use of resources. Shockwave cautions Soundwave to remember that he, Shockwave, now leads the Decepticons and Soundwave would do well to remember his place.

In the Iacon commander centre, Jetfire reports to Optimus of the loss of the Manganese Mountains to Megatron. Optimus snorts in derision, asking Jetfire if the Decepticon field commander still refers to himself by that name, noting that they both know that the 'real' Megatron is dead, as the scene cuts back to the earlier years of the war as Megatron lies on the ground, the life gone from his eyes as smoke rises from a blast wound on his torso.

Featured Characters

Autobots:
    Optimus Prime/Orion Pax, Kup, Hardhead, Chromedome, Arcee, Hot Rod, Blurr, Ironhide, Pipes, Grapple, Impactor, Hoist, Blaster, Warpath, Wheeljack, Perceptor, Jetfire

Decepticons:
    Black Arachnia, Dinobot, Megatron (beast), Terrorsaur, Scorponok (beast), Darkwing, Weirdwolf, Brawl, Flywheels, Megatron, Soundwave, Laserbeak, Jhaixus, Astrotrain, Misfire, Apeface, Shockwave

Quotes:
    "They call me a leader, but I always felt more like a servant." -Optimus Prime
    [​IMG]

“I don’t care how many of them there are. We hold the ground. The Manganese Mountains remain Autobot territory” -Kup

[​IMG]

"Yeah, I'm not so sure about that, Kup!" -Hot Rod
    [​IMG]

"YAAAAAAARGH!" -Kup
    [​IMG]

“Come on, Kup. We’re done here. It's theirs now” -Hot Rod
    [​IMG]

“Oh, come on, Pax. You’re gonna take some aristocratic blowhard seriously? He’s only in it for himself.” -Ironhide
    [​IMG]

“Thank you, my friends, for coming here today” - Megatron
    [​IMG]

“We are stagnant, and we suffer so for it. I wish to take us back to better times. When pride and opportunity went hand in hand” -Megatron
    [​IMG]

“I see myself only as a facilitator, a servant even. Simply trying to raise our society up to what it could be” -Megatron
    [​IMG]

“I don’t know, Ironhide. I think anything that gives hope can’t be that bad?” -Optimus Prime
    [​IMG]

“In no way did I foresee a declaration of war coming. Or that it would be so brutal” -Optimus Prime
    [​IMG]

“But I could stand and watch no longer” -Optimus Prime
    [​IMG]

“And so I become a soldier because I’m told that is what our world needs” -Optimus Prime
    [​IMG]

“As per your orders the Manganese territory is claimed. For whatever it’s worth" -Soundwave[​IMG]

“I wonder what that is in your tone, Soundwave. You’ll do well to remember which of us leads the Decepticons” -Shockwave

[​IMG]

“Kup’s reported back that Megatron has claimed the Manganese Mountains.” -Jetfire
    [​IMG]

“He’s still calling himself that, Jetfire? We both know fine well that…” -Optimus Prime
    [​IMG]

“…Megatron is dead” -Optimus Prime
    [​IMG]

Notes:
    Coverdated July 2023, this is the first issue of Transformers since publishing rights moved from IDW to {redacted} This was solicated as issue 1 of a 12 issue limited series. {Redacted} editor {redacted} wrote on Twitter that further limited series were planned, though writers other than {redacted} would be helming these forthcoming series.

The story is told over three different time periods, with the present using a blue panel frame, the distant 'pre-war' past using a cream panel frame, and the early years of the war using a purple panel frame.

Similar to IDW'S 2019 series, the story features no humans and is to be set exclusively on Cybertron. {redacted} editor {redacted} said that future series were planned to show the Transformers arrival on Earth, though was evasive when asked if this arrival would be in the past or present.

The title of the issue is taken from the 1975 solo debut album of Alice Cooper (Alice Cooper having been a band fronted by singer Vincent Furnier, who took on the name 'Alice Cooper' as his pseudonym early in the band's career).

Errors:
    With character models being based on contemporary Generations figures (much like IDW's 2019 series) there is a particularly odd and glaring error where artist, {redacted}, has drawn Optimus Prime's arm mistranformed, with the shoulder panel with his smoke stack sitting in an open position.

Covers:
    Optimus Prime by {redacted} based on card XVII of the Major Arcana, 'The Star'. Upright, the star represents Hope, faith, and purpose. Inverted, the star represents despair, self-trust, and disconnection

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 19
  2. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Transformers: The War for Cybertron Issue 2: ‘I Found That Essence Rare’
    As war escalates, Megatron, Optimus, and Shockwave are in the ascendant.

Synopsis

In the days before the war a lone figure walks through the streets of Iacon. He stands, looking up at an unprepossessing building. The title above the door read's 'Cybertronian Senate'. The lone figure, Megatron, smiles to himself before entering the building. He walks through a darkened corridor, the occasional light illuminating his face, his expression now determined. He opens the doors of the conference room and is faced by the Senate themselves. Megatron states his case for Kaon to have political independence but is met with outright scepticism and contempt from Sentinel Prime. Dai Atlas, head of the Senate, advises Megatron that the Senate, having heard his case, will not be granting the independence he demands. Megatron bids the council farewell and takes his leave, his expression impassive.

As the scene cuts to the earlier days of the war, We see the Decepticon's central base, Polyhex, in Kaon's Capital city of Kolkular. Within, Megatron stares impassively at the monitors that provide him with an array of battlefield updates. Soundwave, Megatron's closest lieutenant, brings Shockwave in to meet directly with their leader. Megatron greets Shockwave enthusiastically, noting Shockwave's significant strategic contributions to the Decepticon war plans. Megatron lays the charm on thick, talking about the entire movement being in debt to Shockwave after his conquest of the Tri-Peninsular Torus States and talks about the two of them working more closely together. Shockwave responds in suitably deferential terms. Behind them Soundwave's brown furrows in both contempt and jealousy.

In Iacon's Great Dome, a number of Autobot field commanders meet with Autobot General, Impactor. Impactor advises that Autobot Field General Prime Nova was killed defending Uraya and that a new Prime needs to be appointed. Hotspot asks why Impactor doesn't simply take up the position. Impactor replies that he's far too compromised a figure in the eyes of the Autobots, who need inspiration as much as anything else. Impactor turns to Orion Pax and, echoing Megatron's words to Shockwave, says that his efforts in the Autobot resistance have distinguished him. Even as Impactor bestows the title of Optimus Prime upon him, Pax expresses doubts that he's the best candidate. Grimlock butts in, ready to take on the role if Pax is unwilling. Impactor dismisses Grimlock's intervention and presents Optimus with the Matrix of Leadership, telling him that he's now too important for the front lines.

In the present day Springer leads his group of Wrecker commandos against both the Seacons and Terrorcons in battle for Fort Scyk in the Decepticon held city of Yuss. After a fierce conflict which leaves both sides with grave injuries, Springer's team are victorious, and Springer wastes no time in contacting Iacon to relay the news of this Victory to Autobot high command. Optimus is jubilant but a frustrated Jetfire remonstrates, telling Prime that this is no real victory at all, but just another expression of the stalemate the Autobots and Decepticons have found themselves in for so long. As Jetfire angrily states that this stalemate must come to an end, Optimus looks out across the battlefield, Jetfire's words cutting him to the core.

Featured Characters
    Autobots
    Elita-1, Dai Atlas, Alpha Trion, Sentinel Prime, Tigatron, Sludge, Grimlock, Slag, Optimus Prime, Hotspot, Impactor, Fortress Maximus, Ultra Magnus, Top Spin, Twin Twist, Roadbuster, Springer, Jetfire
    Decepticons
    Megatron, Soundwave, Shockwave, Blot, Sinnertwin, Nautilator, Tentakil

Quotes:

“I thank you for this audience, senators” - Megatron
    [​IMG]

“My people simply wish for their Sovereignty, Trion. It would be churlish to ignore their collective voice” -Megatron
    [​IMG]

“We’re not so easily swayed by your eloquence, Megatron, as the swain that follow your every word.” -Sentinel Prime
    [​IMG]

“We have heard your demands, Megatron. We regret that we cannot meet them.” -Dai Atlas
    [​IMG]

“Very well. Good day…senators” -Megatron
    [​IMG]

“He’s here, Megatron” -Soundwave
    [​IMG]

“You’ve distinguished yourself, Shockwave” -Megatron
    [​IMG]

“Your gift for battlefield strategy has benefited our cause no end. We are in your debt” -Megatron
    [​IMG]

“I think we’ll do great things, working together more closely” -Megatron
    [​IMG]

“I’m honoured, Megatron” -Shockwave
    [​IMG]

“You’ve distinguished yourself, Optimus” -Impactor
    [​IMG]

“It’s leadership we need more than anything else. A leader that will inspire his troops” -Impactor
    [​IMG]

“Old friend, I’m honoured, but I’m not sure I’m the right choice.” -Optimus Prime
    [​IMG]

“If you’ve not got the stomach for it, then just say. You’re not the only candidate." -Grimlock
    [​IMG]

“It’s decided. You’re too important for the frontlines, Optimus Prime” -Impactor
    [​IMG]

'The present day. Stanix'
    [​IMG]

"Jetfire, it's Springer. Stanix is under Autobot control” -Springer
    [​IMG]

“This is good news, my friend” -Optimus
    [​IMG]

“It’s NOT news, Prime. This back and forth has gone on for decades now. We can’t go on like this” -Jetfire
    [​IMG]

“The stalemate needs to break, Optimus.” -Jetfire
    [​IMG]

Notes:
    Once again, the title of the issue is taken from a song, this time from seventh song on the album 'Entertainment!' by Gang of Four.

The scenes where Megatron enters the Senate building and walks through the corridors homages the introduction sequence from the 1967 British television series, The Prisoner. Speaking about this on Twitter, writer {redacted} spoke about seeing parallels between the libertarian philosophy of Number 6 and this version of Megatron.

Here the Matrix appears not to have any mystical significance and is instead a symbol of office.

Errors:
    Similarly to the previous issues, artist {redacted} has based character models on Generations toys. Dai Atlas is based on the Takara Legends release. In one panel Dai Atlas helmet fin appears to have been left down when {redacted} was presumably referencing the toy.

Covers:

Impactor by {redacted} Continuing the theme established in the first issue, this cover is based on one of the cards of the Tarot's Major Arcana, namely XII: The Hanged Man
    Upright, the hanged man represents pause, surrender, and new perspectives. Inverted, the hanged man represents delays, resistance, and indecision
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  3. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Transformers: The War for Cybertron Issue 3: 'And You And I'
    Megatron strikes, Shockwave plots, and Jazz and Prowl go for a drink.

Synopsis
    Present day. In a darkened office, deep within Iacon's great dome, Prowl reviews his case load studiously. Without any obvious sign, Prowl realises that his partner in the Elite Guard, Prowl, is waiting outside the office. Beckoning Jazz in, the two of them discuss their ongoing cases. Jazz attempts to tempt Prowl away from his casework by telling him that Maccadam's bar has managed to get hold of 'the good stuff'. Prowl is less than convinced by Jazz's claims, but Jazz insists they investigate.

At the very dawn of the war, Megatron and his followers storm the Senate, viciously cutting down the Senate Guards. As the Decepticons confront the Senate themselves, Sentinel Prime warns Megtron that the Senate is far from defenseless, as Tigatron, Elita-1, and Sentinel draw their guns, and Dai Atlas and Alpha Trion unsheath their swords. Despite thier bravado, the Senate are soon overpowered. Megatron deliver the killing blow, blasting Sentinel's head from his body. As Megatron stands upon Sentinel's head, he wonders aloud what the next move for his Decepticons will be.

Many years ahead of this, Megatron slumps in his chair as reports come through that Vos has been claimed by the Autobots. Megatron laments to Shockwave and Soundwave that the Decepticon forces no longer view him with the respect he once commanded, and that his once strong army has been so diminshed from so many loses that he can no longer afford to make an example by executing dissenters. Shockwave assures Megatron that he has a soloution.

In the present day, Jazz and Prowl sit and drink in Maccadams. Prowl looking displeased with the 'good stuff' as Jazz looks on amused. They discuss the intellignece reports being sent from undercover agent Punch, with Prowl both doubting the veracity of Punch's reports while acknowledging that there's something significant to them. They agree to investigate further.

Featured Characters

Autobots
    Prowl, Jazz, Sonic Bomber, Roadfire, Elita-1, Dai Atlas, Sentinel Prime, Tigatron, Whirl, Trailbreaker, Rack'n'Ruin

Decepticons
    Blitzwing, Sixshot, Megatron, Astrotrain, Shockwave, Soundwave

Quotes:
    “Come in, Jazz. It’s open. As you’re well aware.” -Prowl
    [​IMG]

“What’re you doing, Prowl? Something absolutely crucial, right? Well, you’re going to want to put that on hold” -Jazz
    [​IMG]

“Macadams has got the good stuff back in”
    [​IMG]

“Jazz, we both know that’s not possible. This is desperate and, quite frankly, beneath you” -Prowl
    [​IMG]

“We should investigate, don’t you think?” -Jazz
    [​IMG]

"Clear a path!" -Megatron
    [​IMG]

"You’ll find us far from defenseless, Megatron!” -Sentinel Prime
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

“Out with the old, good Senator…” -Megatron
    [​IMG]

“Now, where shall we start?” -Megatron
    [​IMG]

“Vos is lost, Shockwave” -Megatron
    [​IMG]

“Once they jumped at my every word. Now their sluggishness is positively mutinous” -Megatron
    [​IMG]

“More factions break away with each passing cycle” -Megatron
    [​IMG]

“Our resources are too depleted for me to simply execute dissenters willy nily” -Megatron
    [​IMG]

“Leave it to me…Lord Megatron” -Shockwave
    [​IMG]

“Well, I thought it was good” -Jazz
    [​IMG]

“So, are you going to update me?” -Jazz
    [​IMG]

“I’m still trying to make sense of the intel, Jazz. You know how Punch gets” -Prowl
    [​IMG]

“We should investigate, don’t you think?” -Prowl
    [​IMG]

Notes:
    This issue's title is taken from the second song on the album 'Close to the Edge' by the seventies prog rock band, Yes.

Covers:

Prowl by {redacted} based on card XI of the Major Arcana: Justice
    Upright, justice represents truth, cause and effect, and law. Inverted, justice represents unfairness, lack of accountability, and dishonesty
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 11
  4. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Transformers: The War for Cybertron Issue 4: ‘When Will You Die for the Last Time in My Dreams’
    On the Kali-Con Plains, Red Alert has a spooky encounter, Shockwave makes his move, and Jazz makes a shocking discovery.

Synopsis
    Surrounded by corpses on the battlefield and bathed in eerie light, Red Alert stands alone. Hearing the clank of feet approaching, Red seeks cover. Hiding in the rubble, Red watches as three figures pass. We cut to Prowl's office in Iacon, where Red is being debriefed. Red Alert becomes increasingly irritable with Prowl, who Red feels certain is judging as paranoid. Red Alert swears that he wasn't imaging things when he saw 'him'. Prowl listens on, saying nothing in response.

In the comms office, Jazz monitors a number of incoming and outgoing transmissions. With his posture slumped and his chin propped upon his hand, boredom inspires him to sweep the higher frequencies for any activity. His expression turns to one of surprise as he comes across something shocking.

The years of war are shown in montage as Optimus continues to reflect on the series of choices that brought the planet to the brink of ruin. Jetfire's words continue to haunt him as he struggles to envision a strategy that will break the continuing stalemate. Optimus is roused from his introspection by an incoming call from Blaster. Blaster advises Optimus that Perceptor has some serious concerns about one of the investigation teams and transparency. Optimus asks Blaster to make the necessary arrangements.

Many years earlier, Megatron slumps wearily in his chair, despondent as he continues to lose his grip on his troops. Shockwave enters with the promise of a solution to their problems. Standing behind his leader, Shockwave raises his gun arm and shoots Megatron in the back several times. With smoke rising from his multiple wounds, Megatron tries to rise to his feet. Shockwave assures Megatron that his work will be remembered before continuing to blast the fallen leader.

Back in the present day, Prowl drinks alone in Maccadams. His peace is soon disturbed by Jazz's entry, who talks of serious developments. As they walk, Jazz speaks of a series of transmissions coming from within the Great Dome going out to protected Decepticon channels. Prowl asks Jazz if he's been able to crack the transmissions, which Jazz confirms he's been unable to do. Prowl advises that they keep this between themselves for the time being, for fear of scaring off whoever is sending the transmissions. Jazz agrees, then asks Prowl what he learnt from Red Alert's debrief. Prowl snorts and tells Jazz that it was nothing more than a paranoid fantasy of seeing the long dead Megatron on the battlefield.

We cut to Red Alert's POV, which shows three figures in silhouette, the one in lead bearing more than a passing semblance to the late leader of the Decepticons.

Featured Characters
    Autobots
    Red Alert, Mirage, Bluestreak, Hound, Skids, Tracks,Optimus Prime, Brainstorm, Chromedome, Hardhead, Cheetor, Rhinox

Decepticons

Scourge(?), Thundercracker, Rumble, Skywarp, Ramjet, Dirge, Thrust, Megatron, Apeface, Snapdragon, Dinobot, Terrorsaur, Galvatron(?), Cyclonus(?)

Quotes:
    “Just talk me through it, Red. As clearly as you can” -Prowl
    [​IMG]

“We’ve been through it. I was deserted” -Red Alert
    [​IMG]

“I hid when I head the footsteps” -Red Alert
    [​IMG]

“It was him. I swear it was!” -Red Alert
    [​IMG]

“I know you think, Prowl, but I’m not delusional. I know what I saw…”
    [​IMG]

"For decades, for centuries, the war rages on, and on, until the planet is all scar tissue" -Optimus Prime
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

“what news do you bring me, Shockwave?” -Megatron
    [​IMG]

“Developments, my lord” -Shockwave
    [​IMG]

“I think I’ve solved the problem” -Shockwave
    [​IMG]

“We will honour your…great work” -Shockwave
    [​IMG]

“And things will proceed smoothly from here” -Shockwave
    [​IMG]

“Prowl, hold up. Serious business” -Jazz
    [​IMG]

“The transmission’s coming from within here. We might have a traitor in the ranks” -Jazz
    [​IMG]

“We need to be certain of the facts before we go ahead with this. Let’s keep this on the downlow. I don’t want to scare off the culprit” -Prowl
    [​IMG]

“That’s a plan. So what was Red Alert so desperate about?” -Jazz
    [​IMG]

“Oh, some nonsense about seeing Megatron out in the Kali-Con Plain” -Prowl
    [​IMG]

Notes:
    The title of this issue is based on the song of the same name by North Carolina indie rock band, Polvo, which is the last song on their 4th album 'Exploded Drawing'.

The three unnamed characters Red Alert sees on the Kali-Con plains, while only shown in silhouette appear to be Cyclonus, Scourge, and Galvatron. With Red Alert confusing Galvatron for Megatron there was speculation around Megatron returning to the present day, reincarnated as Galvatron. Writer {redacted} spoke about this scene being partially inspired by Cyclonus entry in the AllSpark Almanac II.

Released in October 2023, writer {redacted} said on Twitter that the issue had a Halloween theme of haunting, most pointedly with Red Alert's scenes on the Kali-con plains which were visually inspired by John Carpenter's 'The Fog'. {Redacted} wrote about seeing this film as a young child and being deeply affected by the idea of unknown threat lingering under cover of fog.

Covers:

Shockwave by {redacted} based on the 1st card of the Major Arcana, The Magician
    Upright, the magician represents resourcefulness, power, inspired action. Inverted, the magician represents manipulation, poor planning, and abused talent
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  5. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Transformers: The War for Cybertron Issue 5: ‘If I Had an Exorcism’
    Starscream's had better days, and so has Optimus.

Synopsis
    Starscream struggles to summon the enthusiasm to address the motley crew of Decepticons that Shockwave has assigned to him. Nonetheless he rouses himself and tries to inspire them through a grand speech. He's barely started before Apeface and Snapdragon have misunderstood his rhetoric and begin bickering idiotically. Despondent, Starscream walks away, leaving them to squabble and thinks back to better times.

The scene cuts to Starscream on the battlefield in the high days of the war. He leads the other Seekers against a squad of Autobots, tearing through them. Bluestreak lands a shot against Starscream's armour and, enraged, Starscream engages in hand to hand combat, showing the Autobot his obvious physcial superiority. A bitter note strikes Starscream's reverie as Megatron and Shockwave enter the field of combat, cutting down the opposition even more efficiently than the Seekers.

Jetfire sits in his office, gaming a variety of strategies via his systems. His expression betrays his frustration. Each of the available strategies leads to just another stalemate. The door buzzes and Jetfire yells that the door is open. Optimus enters, telling Jetfire that it's important that they talk Jetfire's frustrations through. Jetfire rises to his feet, towering over Prime and accuses him of prolonging the war by being reactive. Optimus reminds Jetfire of the difference between them and Shockwave. Jetfire responds that this line of thinking is costing lives.

In the present day Prowl and Jazz debate what to do with the intel they've discovered. They agree that they need to keep this intel from Perceptor for the time being. They speak derisively of Perceptor's unit, joking about how heavy handed they are. As they walk a figure, cloaked in shadow, watches them. Cosmos, the figure in shadow, is revealed and transmits a recording of Prowl and Jazz back to his commanding officer. Perceptor sits, with his lieutenant Blaster stood beside him, and watches the live footage with a dispassionate expression.

Featured Characters

Autobots
    Sideswipe, Bluestreak, Sunstreaker, Optimus Prime, Jetfire, Prowl, Jazz, Cosmos, Blaster, Perceptor

Decepticons
    Starscream, Weirdwolf, Snapdragon, Skullcruncher, Apeface, Mindwipe, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Megatron, Shockwave

Quotes:
    "My troops, today is the day we turn things around!" -Starscream
    [​IMG]

"So, uh, which way are we turning it?" -Apeface
    [​IMG]

"To the front, ya lugnut!" -Snapdragon
    [​IMG]

"How much humiliation am I to bear?" -Starscream
    [​IMG]

"This is not how it was meant to be." -Starscream
    [​IMG]

"I was meant for greater things." -Starscream
    [​IMG]

"A leading light in the glorious and righteous movement. A leader in waiting." -Starscream
    [​IMG]

"If some wretched little Autobot had the temerity to make a stand..." -Starscream
    [​IMG]

"They'd soon have respect beaten into them!" -Starscream
    [​IMG]

"But there was always a shadow looming over me." -Starscream
    [​IMG]

"It's open." -Jetfire
    [​IMG]

"Hello, Jetfire. I thought we should talk." Optimus Prime
    [​IMG]

"We're reacting. Your directive leaves us with no other option but to react!" Jetfire
    [​IMG]

"I can't let us become the thing we're fighting, Jetfire. We're Autobots. We can't just destroy a city, with no thought of the cost." Optimus Prime
    [​IMG]

Our people are dying, Optimus. Dying because of you!" -Jetfire
    [​IMG]

“You think we can keep Perceptor out the loop?” -Jazz
    [​IMG]

“We’re going to need to. You know what him and his little crew is like” -Prowl
    [​IMG]

“Yeah, subtle’s not quite the word, is it?” Jazz
    [​IMG]

“It’s the last word I’d use” -Prowl
    [​IMG]

“No, this stays between us for now” -Prowl
    [​IMG]

Notes:
    The title of this issue is based on the song of the same name by The Melvins, released on their 2nd album 'Ozma'.

While we've only seen three members of Perceptor's unit, it seems reasonable to assume that their membership is based on the 'Cybertron Seven', an Autobot resistance unit based on Cyberton that featured in Bob Budiansky's 'Return to Cybertron' storyline. This group were comprised of toys released in 1985.

Covers:

Starscream by {redacted} based on the 17th card of the Major Arcana, The Moon
    Upright, the moon represents fear, anxiety, and the subconscious. Inverted, the moon represents fear released, repressed emotion, and inner confusion
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 15
  6. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Transformers: The War for Cybertron Issue 6: ‘All My Friends Were There’
    An Autbot spy struggles to hold his nerves.

Synopsis

Punch sits slumped in his quarters. He remembers Jetfire's words. He's to infiltrate the ranks of 'Megatron's' Decepticon splinter cell, return key intel directly to Jetfire, with basic intel being transmitted to the Elite Guard, and if the opportunity presents itself do as much as he can to widen the schism between 'Megatron' and Shockwave. He runs his hands over his face and rises to his feet. he takes one last look in the mirror before transforming to Counterpunch.

Counterpunch is stopped dead in his tracks when a voice asks him what he's doing. He relaxes when he sees that it's simply a 'fellow' 'Con being friendly. This Decepticon, Knockout, invites Counterpunch to join him and his close associates Barricade, Runabout, and Runamuck in getting refreshments. Knockout gives the newcomer, Counterpunch, some friendly advice that Con's like them, who have vehicle alt-modes, need to stick together because they'll never be part of the 'clique', which is comprised of beastly Decepticons.

In the past Shockwave, the new ruler of the Decepticons, addresses the various field marshals of the Decepticon army. One Decepticon, a large 'bot with Dinosaur kibble, refuses to recognise Shockwave's authority. As Shockwave cautions him, this Decepticon identifies himself as Megatron, taking the name of his fallen leader in tribute. Shockwave stares the dissenter down and recommends he choose a better name.

Counterpunch sits and converses with his new found friends. Counterpunch asks Knockout why he's aligned himself with a rebel Decepticon cell like this. Knockout talks about working under Shockwaves command and seeing 'bots like himself used as nothing more than cannon fodder, sent out on virtual suicide missions. Runabout chimes in, saying that they might never be part of Megatron's inner circle, but he still treats his soldiers better than Shockwave ever did. Barricade asks Counterpunch the same question. Counterpunch is quiet as he contemplates, before saying that he doesn't think Shockwave will win the war, and that he doesn't want to back a loser. Knockout laughs and returns to his energon.

Prowl sits, the light of his monitor reflected in his face as he replays the transmissions over and over again, trying to find some further clue that will help him figure out the identity of who is sending them. He's distracted by an incoming call from Blaster. He declines the call and plays the transmission one more time.

Counterpunch is stopped in his tracks once again. This time it's the voice of Terrorsaur, who tells Counterpunch he's been summoned by their leader. His anxiety growing as they walk in silence through the corridors of the base, Counterpunch brings himself to ask Terrorsaur why he's been summoned. Terrorsaur, curtly tells the new recruit to ask Megatron himself as he leads him into the command module of the rebel leader. Megatron's figure towers over them as he greets Counterpunch, grinning widely as he tells Counterpunch that he's glad to have him as part of their squad.

Prowl and Jazz walk through the corridors of the Great Dome, discussing the list of suspects they've drawn up. Jazz is optimistic that they've made progress but Prowl feels differently and thinks they need more time, fearing that Perceptor will usurp their investigation. A voice calls out their name and Jazz turns as Prowl looks grimly at the monitor. Behind them stands Perceptor, with his enforcers Cosmos and Warpath. Perceptor tells Jazz and Prowl that Autobot Intelligence need to talk to them.

Featured Characters
    Autobots
    Punch, Jetfire, Prowl, Jazz, Warpath, Perceptor, Cosmos

Decepticons
    Knockout, Barricade, Runamuck, Runabout, Waspinator, Terrorsaur, Scorponok, Tarantulas, Shockwave, Jhiaxus, Zarak, BW Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream,

Quotes:
    “What are you up to?” -Knockout
    [​IMG]

“We’re going to get some energon, if you’re not doing anything?” -Knockout
    [​IMG]

"It’s Counterpunch, right? We’ve not had much time to get to know each other." -Knockout
    [​IMG]

"Guys like us, we’ve got to stick together" -Knockout
    [​IMG]

"We’re not part of the clique." -Knockout
    [​IMG]

“Thank you, my friends, for coming here today” -Shockwave
    [​IMG]

“We’re not your friends, Shockwave.” -'Megatron'
    [​IMG]

“Then you would do well to remember your place…” -Shockwave
    [​IMG]

“…Megatron. I take the name of MY fallen leader to honour him” -'Megatron'
    [​IMG]

“I would choose a better name” -Shockwave
    [​IMG]

“Stop right there!” -Terrorsaur
    [​IMG]

“Your socializing can wait. The boss has said you’re to see him now!” -Terrorsaur
    [​IMG]

“So, what’s he want to see me for?” -Counterpunch
    [​IMG]

“ask him yourself” -Terrorsaur
    [​IMG]

“Ah, Counterpunch. I’ve been meaning to welcome you properly. It’s good to have you with us” -'Megatron'
    [​IMG]

“Well, we’ve narrowed down the list” -Jazz
    [​IMG]

“But not enough to help, Jazz. We need more time” -Prowl
    [​IMG]

“You know he’ll use this as a power grab if he can” -Prowl
    [​IMG]

“Jazz! Prowl!” - Perceptor
    [​IMG]

“Autobot Intelligence would like a word!” -Perceptor
    [​IMG]

Notes:
    The title of this issue is based on the song of the same name by The Kinks, released on their 6th album 'The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society'.

Megatron's 'inner circle' is of course made up of Predacons from the Beast Wars franchise.

Covers:
    Punch by {redacted} based on the 9th card of the Major Arcana, The Hermit
    Upright, the hermit represents soul-searching, introspection, and solitude. Inverted, the hermit represents Isolation, loneliness, and withdrawal
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 12
  7. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Transformers: The War for Cybertron #7 January 2023 ‘Ever Since My Accident’

Things get dangerous for an Autobot spy and the Elite Guard pursue their investigations, against Optimus’s wishes.

Synopsis

Prowl and Jazz stand before Optimus as he chastises them for striking out on their own. Perceptor stands silently by Optimus, looking on impassively. Optimus criticizes Prowl for sending a spy into the Decepticon ranks. Prowl corrects Optimus, noting that the blame for that lies elsewhere. Optimus reminds both Prowl and Jazz that they report to Perceptor and dismisses them.

Once they’re alone, Optimus confesses to Perceptor how weary he’s become, echoing Jetfire’s criticisms of being stuck in a rut.

In Kaon Shockwave takes stock. His contemplation is broken as ‘Megatron’ enters, gloating as he tells Shockwave of territory that he’s taken, taunting Shockwave by asking him when Shockwave’s strategy last led to any sort of a victory. ‘Megatron’ continues to agitate Shockwave by telling him that his period of rule is nearing it’s end. Shockwave cautions ‘Megatron’, telling him that his unit isn’t so successful as to be indispensable. ‘Megatron’ makes reference to allies he’s acquired and then takes his leave.

Back in the Manganese Mountains, ‘Megatron’ praises Counterpunch for the intel he’s provided, and makes reference to the period that he worked under Shockwave. Counterpunch does his best to hide his growing anxiety and responds deferentially to ‘Megatron’.

Ignoring Optimus orders, Prowl and Jazz continue their investigations and interview a number of suspects within the Autobots.

In the Manganese Mountains Counterpunch waits until the coast is clear and finds a communications station to transmit back to Iacon. He carefully disables both the security and recording equipment, ensuring his communications won’t be tracked, and then begins to send a coded message, assuring Jetfire that all is proceeding to plan. Knockout steps out from the shadows and asks his friend what he’s doing.

Featured Characters
    Autobots
    Perceptor, Optimus Prime, Prowl, Jazz, Punch, Whirl, Mirage, Getaway, Sunstreaker, Dealer

Decepticons
    Shockwave, BW Megatron, Knockout, Terrorsaur

Quotes:
    “I had thought that I had made the chain of command clear last time, Prowl”
    [​IMG]

From Transformers: The War for Cybertron#7 January 2024 ‘Ever Since My Accident’
    [​IMG]

“We didn’t deploy him, Prime. You’ve got bigger problems than the Elite Guard showing initiative”
    [​IMG]

“the word you’re looking for, Prowl, is insubordination”
    [​IMG]

“Go. You report directly to Perceptor, understood?”
    [​IMG]

“I tire of this, Perceptor”
    [​IMG]

“We’ve been stuck in the same gear for an eternity”
    [​IMG]

“I’m trying to remember when it all started to fall apart”
    [​IMG]

“The opportunities were there to be taken”
    [​IMG]

“By whom was the question”
    [​IMG]

“Do you feel it, Shockwave? Like night drawing in on your…reign?”
    [​IMG]

“You and your motley crew aren’t such a valuable resource. I’ll warn you to be mindful one last time”
    [​IMG]

“Do you think we’re working alone?”
    [​IMG]

“Counterpunch, my friend, your information has been invaluable”
    [​IMG]

“I’m pleased to tell you that those miserable months working with Shockwave were not for nothing”
    [​IMG]

“Thanks for taking the time to meet with us”
    [​IMG]

“We’re just doing some routine information gathering”
    [​IMG]

“we’ve got a few fairly simple questions”
    [​IMG]

“If you can just answer as clearly as you can”
    [​IMG]

“Then this shouldn’t take too long at all”
    [​IMG]

“Jetfire, it’s me. So far things are going to plan”
    [​IMG]

“Hey buddy. What are you doing?”
    [​IMG]

Notes:
    The title of this issue is based on the song of the same name by The Melvins, released on their 2nd album 'Ozma'. This is the second song from this album. Cleary a favourite of {redacted}

The Autobots being questioned by Prowl and Jazz all have a reputation for treachery in different continuities; As well as being fairly mutinous through a great deal of his time on the Lost Light, Whirl attempted the euthanize Springer, the plot of the G1 Cartoon episode 'Traitor' revolves around the suspicion that Mirage has betrayed the Autobots, Getaway conspired against Rodimus and other Megatron sympathisers to take over the Lost Light, Sunstreaker provided Starscream with the information that led to the Decepticons succesffuly ambushing the Autobots in 'All Hail Megatron', and Dealer betrayed Rodimus and the rest of his team while working for Banzaitron.

Covers:

Beast Wars Megatron by {redacted} based on the 13th card of the Major Arcana, Death
    Upright, death represents change, transformation, and transition. Inverted, death represents resistance to change, personal transformation, and inner purging

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 18
  8. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Transformers: The War for Cybertron #8 February 2024 ‘You Drive Me Nervous’
    A dangerous game escalates as traitors are revealed.

Synopsis
    Clearly having discovered the traitor in the ranks, Prowl and Jazz take cover as Dealer fires upon them. As Prowl chides Jazz for not taking the situation seriously, Jazz assures Prowl that their backup is due to arrive any moment. As Dealer rants and continues to hold the two down with his cannon blasts, the silhouette of Ultra Magnus, Jazz’s back-up, looks behind him.

On the fields of war, Soundwave stands amid the corpses of the comrades he’s lost. Reflecting on how wasteful the war effort has been the figure of Starscream appears behind Soundwave. We cut to the present day as Starscream distracts Soundwave from his reflection, asking him if he’s listening. Soundwave reminds Starscream that he’s always listening. Soundwave thanks Starscream for his support and escorts him out, remarking that he has another visitor en route.

The tables having turned with his arrival, Magnus now pins Dealer down with fire, landing a blow on the Decepticon infiltrator’s chest. Giving him no time to recover, Magnus rushes Dealer and beats him into complete submissions. With the threat eliminated Jazz and Prowl come out from their cover. Ultra Magnus asks if Perceptor will be leading the interrogation, but Prowl advises that he thinks they can handle this themselves.

‘Megatron’ drags the Autobot undercover agent before Soundwave. His back up, Inferno and Dinobot keeps their weapons aloft, ready for conflict. Soundwave is in genial form and leans in, holding Punch’s face and gently taunting him. Noting that the resistance seems to have already been beaten out of him, as he punches Punch in the face and lets him fall to the floor, Soundwave notes that the interrogation should proceed smoothly and efficiently. As they walk away, leaving the prisoner under the guard of his troops, ‘Megatron’ reminds Soundwave of their deal, that Shockwave would not be a part of their plan. Soundwave assures ‘Megatron’ that they would take care of things themselves.

Featured Characters
    Autobots
    Prowl, Jazz, Ultra Magnus, Punch

Decepticons
    Dealer, Soundwave, Starscream, BW Megatron, Dinobot, Inferno

Quotes:
    “This could have gone better” - Jazz
    [​IMG]

“You’re quipping? Now? You’re actually quipping?” - Prowl
    [​IMG]

“Just keep your head down. Back up’s on its way” - Jazz
    [​IMG]

“You think you’re so clever, don’t you? Worked it all out.” - Dealer
    [​IMG]

“Except how a couple of lightweights like you would take me!” - Dealer
    [​IMG]

“Wasteful” - Soundwave
    [​IMG]

“Wasteful, stupid and pointless” - Soundwave
    [​IMG]

I said, are you listening?” - Starscream
    [​IMG]

“of course. I’m always listening Starscream.” - Soundwave
    [​IMG]

“And I’m glad of your support. Now, you must excuse me. I have another meeting scheduled." - Soundwave
    [​IMG]

“Stand down now, Dealer!” - Ultra Magnus
    [​IMG]

“Go To….ARGH!” - Dealer
    [​IMG]

“Just stay down!” - Ultra Magnus
    [​IMG]

“We’re bringing Perceptor in, I presume?” - Ultra Magnus
    [​IMG]

“No, I think we can handle this.” - Prowl
    [​IMG]

“We have him, Soundwave” - BW Megatron
    [​IMG]

“Your bravery seems to have left you, Autobot” - Soundwave
    [​IMG]

“I hope I was clear earlier, Soundwave. I don’t want to have to deal with Shockwave” - BW Megatron
    [​IMG]

“No, I think we can handle this” - Soundwave
    [​IMG]

Notes:
    The title of this issue is based on the song of the same name by Alice Cooper.
    The various dead bodies on the battlefield that Soundwave recalls are based upon the toys of Decepticon Weaponisers, Modulators, and a number of figures from the 'Thrilling 30' line.

Covers:
    Ultra Magnus by {redacted} based on the 7th card of the Major Arcana
    Upright, the chariot represents control, willpower, success, and determination. Inverted, the chariot represents self-discipline, opposition, and lack of direction
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 12
  9. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Transformers: The War for Cybertron #9 March 2024 ‘Everything You Say Will Destroy You’

In both the Decepticon and Autobot camps, the captured spies are interrogated.

Synopsis
    Jetfire stands over the monitors, deep in thought. Scattershot notices how distracted his colleague is and tries to bring him back to the moment. Jetfire assures Scattershot that there’s nothing to worry about, still not taking his eyes form the monitor.

Under interrogation by prowl, Jazz, and Ultra Magnus, Dealer tells a tall tale about how he devised the idea of going deep cover within the Autobot ranks. In flashback, we’re shown Dealer, in his beast mode, being beaten into submission by Soundwave and the Seekers until he agrees to go along with Soundwave’s plan and put himself in slightly less danger than he faces in the moment.

At their base, ‘Megatron’ and Tarantulas begin their own interrogation. To warm them up, Tarantulas demonstrates a new interrogation technique he’s been working on. With a flick of a switch, Tarantulas forces Punch to switch mode to Counterpunch. A process that comes with tremendous pain when done against the subject’s will. Punch screams in pain as his body shudders. ‘Megatron’ looms over Punch and reviews everything he’s already divulged; that Punch was placed within the ranks of ‘Megatron’s team to sow dissent and increase tensions between this camp and Shockwave’s, undermining Decepticon operations.

The scene cuts ahead and Tarantulas is shown using his saw attachment to continue the torture. Having already given up all the information he has on Autobot operations, ‘Megatron’ forces Punch to provide insights from his time working under Shockwave. On the verge of sparkdeath, Punch reveals the secret he’s been holding onto above all others; Megatron, the original Megatron isn’t dead. Shockwave has his body preserved in stasis, offline but still alive. Soundwave steps out from the shadows, thanks Punch for the information and shoots him in the head.

In Iacon, as the other interrogation continues, Prowl, Jazz, and Ultra Magnus discuss the information they’ve extracted from Dealer and consider their next moves. As Jazz congratulates the three of them for undermining Soundwave’s operation, Dealer begins laughing at them. He taunts them that there’s another traitor in the Autobot ranks. Realising that his hubris and contempt for Perceptor has clouded his judgment, and that to catch the traitor before disaster befalls them, he’ll need to pool resources with Perceptor,. Prowl rushes from the room. He begins to call Optimus, but is blasted before he complete the call. Changing back to his robot mode, Prowl struggles to get back to his feet as the traitor in the ranks stands over him. Jetfire raises his gun again, apologizing to Prowl as he fires on him.

Featured Characters
    Autobots
    Jetfire, Scattershot, Prowl, Ultra Magnus, Jazz, Punch

Decepticons

Doubledealer, Skywarp, Siundwave, BW Megatron, Tarantulas,

Quotes:
    “Are you listening?”
    [​IMG]

“Sorry, Scattershot. Something caught my attention”
    [​IMG]

“But nothing we need to worry about.”
    [​IMG]

“Of course, it was all my idea.”
    [​IMG]

“I knew I was taking a risk, but I figured it’d all be worth it.”
    [​IMG]

“It didn’t take much persuading on my part”
    [​IMG]

“I just had to sell the benefits and…”
    [​IMG]

“…Soundwave was all for it”
    [​IMG]

“You’ll like this, I think”
    [​IMG]

“I’ve been working on an instrument that can force a mode shift”
    [​IMG]

“Having your cog engaged involuntarily is, as I’m sure you’re aware, incredibly painful”
    [​IMG]

“So, to recap, you were sent by Jetfire to destabilise our ranks and widen the divide between Shockwave and ourselves”
    [​IMG]

“You must be delighted”
    [​IMG]

“You worked with Shockwave before you were assigned here”
    [​IMG]

“You know more than you’re saying”
    [​IMG]

“Megatron’s not dead. He’s in stasis. Shockwave has him in a secured zone at his base”
    [​IMG]

“That’s all I needed to hear”[​IMG]

“Thank you, Punch”
    [​IMG]

“You think I’m the only traitor in your ranks?”
    [​IMG]

“I’m an infiltrator, sure, but you’ve got a defector”
    [​IMG]

“Optimus, we need to talk. There’s a…”
    [​IMG]

'BLAM'
    [​IMG]

”I’m sorry, Prowl.”
    [​IMG]

Notes:

The title of this issue is based on the song of the same name by Auteurs.
    Production delays caused a small delay in the release of this issue. Writer, {redacted} took to Twitter to assure readers that this delay would not impact on the release of future issues.

Covers:

Soundwave by {redacted} based on the 5th card of the Major Arcana: The Hierophant
    Upright, the hierophant represents spiritual wisdom, religious beliefs, conformity, and tradition. Inverted, the hierophant represents individualism, freedom, and a challenge to the status quo
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  10. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Transformers: The War for Cybertron #10 April 2024 ‘That’s How I Escaped My Certain Fate

Jetfire finds himself facing the costs of his betrayal

Synopsis
    With Prowl’s body discovered by Autobot Intelligence, Jetfire is shown fleeing via the wastelands surrounding Iacon. Perceptor sounds the alarm and Optimus broadcasts of Jetfire’s defection to the Autobots and cautions against engaging, noting that a life has already been taken, as Ratchet is seen consoling Jazz.

Soundwave and ‘Megatron’ discuss the intel that ‘Megatron’ has shared and agree that Shockwave’s leadership has failed to unite the various struggling factions of Decepticons. Soundwave excuses himself Jetfire reaches out to ask for shelter within the Decepticon ranks.

As we see the Monsterbots hunt Jetfire, Blaster and the comms team monitoring the airwaves, and Optimus and Magnus taking arms, Perceptor updates and apologises to Jazz, noting how grave the intel that he and Prowl have uncovered truly is.

An incredibly desperate Jetfire arrives to meet Soundwave to discuss refuge. Soundwave treats Jetfire dismissively, coldly advising that plans have changed since they last talked. Jetfire is shot from behind and a resurrected Megatron stands over Jetfire’s smoking corpse.

Featured Characters
    Autobots
    Blaster, Beachcomber, Seapray, Prowl, Jetfire, Perceptor, Ratchet, Jazz, Optimus Prime, Grotusque, Doublecross, Repugnus, Ultra Magnus, Highbrow, Rewind

Decepticons
    BW Megatron, Soundwave, Megatron

Quotes
    “Attention Autobots! Jetfire has defected! This fugitive is on the run and should be considered dangerous. Do not directly engage with him. We already have a casualty”
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

“I’m grateful that you brought this to me” - Soundwave
    [​IMG]

“You’re welcome. We both agree that the current leaderships leaves…something to be desired” - BW Megatron
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

“Well, a leader who can’t unite his troops is no use at all” - Soundwave
    [​IMG]

“I must leave. Our collaborator seeks refuge” - Soundwave
    [​IMG]

“We have a hunting party on his trail. Optimus is concerned about this grievous breach in security. We’re trying as best we can to gather any intelligence from Decepticon airwaves. I’m sorry, Jazz. You were both right.If this data is correct then our problems were far greater than you feared.” - Perceptor
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

“Soundwave, we need to rethink…they’re hunting for me right now.” - Jetfire
    [​IMG]
    “Plans have changed, Jetfire” - Soundwave
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

“There have been…significant developments”
    [​IMG]

Notes:
    The title of this issue is based on the song of the same name by The Mission of Burma.
    Writer {redacted} noted that their choice to make Jetfire the traitor in the Autobot ranks was based upon the character's original allegiance in the G1 comics and a desire to select a candidate who while having some history of moving between the two factions wouldn't necessarily be the most obvious choice.

Covers:
    Jetfire by {redacted} based on the 15th card of the Major Arcana
    Upright, the devil represents the shadow self, attachment, and addiction. Inverted, the devil represents releasing limiting beliefs, exploring dark thoughts, and detachment
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 9
  11. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Transformers: The War for Cybertron #11 May 2024 ‘The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other’

The Decepticons are united under a resurrected Megatron

Synopsis:
    Having brought the various of factions together, Megatron addresses the gathered Decepticons, rallying them before an assault on the Autobot headquarters in Iacon. In the crowd, ‘Megatron’ feels oddly distant from the proceedings and feels surprised to find himself on the periphery after having such an instrumental role in his leader’s return.

The scene cuts to sometime earlier where Shockwave sits in his quarters, reviewing data transmissions. Megatron appears behind Shockwave and begins to taunt Shockwave, highlighting his failures. Shockwave cuts Megatron off and provokes him, which only causes Megatron amusement.

The scene skips ahead again and Starscream stands with the team under his command, and watches as Megatron stands over the corpse of Shockwave flanked by Skywarp and Thundercracker. As Megatron addresses the various faction leaders, Starscream reflects on all that he’s suffered since the start of the war and looks forward to the opportunities that may lie ahead in this new regime.

A determined and reinvigorated Megatron leads the united forces of the Decepticons towards the inevitable confrontation with Optimus’s forces. Far back in the crowd BW Megatron once again reflects on his place in the new order.

Featured Characters:
    Decepticons
    BW Megatron, Astrotrain, Thrust, Dirge, Ramjet, Skullcruncher, Fangry, Mindwipe, Slugslinger, Quake, Needlenose, Octane, Ratbat, Reflector, Megatron, Soundwave, Shockwave, Apeface, Starscream, Snapdragon, Weirdwolf, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Overlord, Sixshot, Blackshadow, Blitzwing, Dinobot,

Quotes:
    “This isn’t quite what I’d imagined” -BW Megatron
    [​IMG]

“I mean, I’m not complaining.” -BW Megatron
    [​IMG]

“Things are going well.” -BW Megatron
    [​IMG]

“But if I’m being completely honest?” -BW Megatron
    [​IMG]

“This isn’t quite what I imagined.” -BW Megatron
    [​IMG]

“I’d like to request an audience with the…leader of the Decepticons, if I may” -Megatron
    [​IMG]

“So, I’ve had some useful updates on how you’ve used the time since we last met.” -Megatron
    [​IMG]

“well done, Shockwave. You’ve moved us through the stalemate with such aplomb.” -Megatron
    [​IMG]

“Enough words, Megatron. Let’s just get this over with.” -Shockwave
    [​IMG]

“I think that’s the best idea you’ve had in some time.” -Megatron
    [​IMG]

“I hadn’t anticipated this.” -Starscream
    [​IMG]

“You know, I’d kind of got used to being on the outside, looking in.” -Starscream
    [​IMG]

"And now I’m thinking about opportunity and risk” -Starscream
    [​IMG]

“And I guess I’m thinking about when things don’t go as planned” -Starscream
    [​IMG]

“but it’s good to have options.” -Starscream
    [​IMG]

“This wasn’t quite what I’d imagined” -BW Megatron
    [​IMG]

“I mean, I’m not complaining”
    [​IMG]

“I really think things are going well”
    [​IMG]

“But if I’m being honest?”
    [​IMG]

“This isn’t quite what I’d imagined”
    [​IMG]

Notes:
    The title of this issue is based on the song of the same name by Van Der Graaf Generator

Covers:

Megatron by {redacted} based on the 15th card of the Major Arcana IV: The Emperor
    Upright, the emperor represents authority, structure, and paternalism. Inverted, the emperor represents domination, excessive control, and a lack of discipline
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  12. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Transformers: The War for Cybertron #12 June 2024 ‘When I Was In My Prime’

The War for Cybertron reaches it’s conclusion as Optimus and the resurrected Megatron face each other.

Synopsis:
    At the gates of the Great Dome the battle rages on several fronts. Starsaber tears through the Predacons even as ‘Megatron’ bites down on his arm. Flinging the Tyrannosaurus Rex to the ground, Starsaber blasts Inferno and Dinobot as Terrorsaur and Black Arachnia fire back.

Grimlock, Slag and Sludge surround Overlord and Black Shadow, who stand back to back with each other. Slag is the first to charge and is punched to the ground by Black Shadow who fires at Sludge, whose thick hide deflects the blasts. Grimlock leaps for Overlord, transforming midway from dino to ‘bot modes. The two fall to the ground, fusts flying at each other before Overlord splits into his two vehicle modes and pincer attacks Grimlock.

Ultra Magnus stands with Chromedome, Hardhead, Pointblank, and Crosshairs as Sixshot leads the Decepticon Targetmasters against them. Magnus blasts both Misfire and Slugslinger from the air as Sixshot drives through Pointblank and Crosshairs before turning to wolf mode. Magnus tries to hold Sixshot back even as his wolf jaw clenches round Magnus arm and Chromedome and Hardhead try to blast Sixshot off Magnus.

Springer leads Twin Twist, Topspin, and Whirl against Bliztwing and Astrotrain. Springer and Blitzwing lock swords and exchange insults. Breaking from the lock, Springer and Whirl transform to copter modes and fire on the two Decepticon triplechangers from the air. Blitzwing transforms to jet mode and takes both Springer and Whirl on as Astrotrains transforms to train mode and plows through the Jumpstarters.

Blaster and Cosmos try to hold back the Insecticons. Blaster tries to protect a wounded Cosmos as Shrapnel and Kickback approach. Kickback begins to taunt Blaster but is cut off halfway through as Perceptor and Warpath attack the Insecticons.

Starscream is in his element, taking on both Hound and Mirage, as Thundercracker and Skywarp take on Sunstreaker and Bluestreak, while Jazz fires on Soundwave. Mirage gets away with his life only by turning invisible, much as Hound only escapes by creating a hologram of himself. As the four Autobots retreat, Starscream bursts into laughter, giddy at being in the thick of things once again. For Starscream, the good days are back again. Soundwave sends Laserbeak against Jazz as he taunts Jazz about Prowl’s death. Jazz blasts Laserbeak from the air and retorts that Soundwave’s leader doesn’t stand a chance against Optimus.

And in the heart of the battlefield, Optimus Prime and Megatron face each other once again.

Megatron fires on Optimus as he asks if Optimus had missed him. As he dives to avoid Megatron’s blast, returning fire, Optimus tells his Megatron that he’s obviously missed having an audience. Megatron recoils as Optimus’s blasts find their mark and quickly turns to tank mode, his cannon blasts sending Optimus to seek cover.

In the rubble, Megatron stalks Optimus, accusing him of being a coward. Optimus leaps at Megatron, swinging his axe only to be blocked by Megatron’s sword. They fight fiercely with their melee weapons, taking chunk out of and gouging each other. Both are weakened by the blows they’ve suffered and struggle to hold their ground against each other. Optimus tells Megatron that the Autobot forces, against all odds, have repelled the Decepticons, with Omega Supreme and Sky Lynx turning the tide. As they pull away from each other Megatron grins and tells Optimus that he’s been glad to see him, calling him ‘Prime’ for the first time.

As the Decepticons pull back, Megatron tells his troops that they have taken the measure of their opponents and are prepared for the next offense. Optimus stands with Magnus and Springer, watching as the Decepticon forces recedes.

Appalled at the lack of recognition from his former idol, BW Megatron rallies his own troops to leave the greater Decepticon force together. In marked contrast, Starscream is delighted to be back within the inner circle, remarking that for the first time in a long time that he was looking forward to the future, while the image of two warriors in silhouette at combat is shown. Addressing three of the Dinobots, Grimlock briefs them on an upcoming mission, confirming that they can't rely on the greater Autobot force for support and that they're on their own this time. As Jazz works in the office he once shared with Prowl, Perceptor enters and introduces Jazz to his new partner.

In Kaon, Megatron and Soundwave discuss their next steps. Soundwave asks Megatron how he thinks the defeat will affect Decepticon morale. Megatron laughs, saying that coming this close to taking Iacon will have reawaken a hunger in their troops. Megatron says that they’ve been too parochial in their ambitions, and need to look to expansion. On the monitor Megatron and Soundwave look at the planet Earth.

As Optimus walks through the corridors of the Great Dome, his troops stand to the side, making way for him. Kup’s platoon salute Optimus as he strides past them. Optimus reflects on the battle and how Megatron’s return, and the losses suffered, have given him renewed purpose. The doubts he faced have faded and now he stands in front of his troops, ready to address them as dawn rises over Cybertron.

Featured Characters:
    Autobots
    Starsaber, Grimlock, Snarl, Slag, Sludge, Cosmos, Seaspray, Beachcomber, Blaster, Ultra Magnus, Chromedome, Hardhead, Pointblank, Crosshairs, Springer, Twin Twist, Topspin, Whirl, Hound, Mirage, Jazz, Sunstreaker, Bluestreak, Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime (?), Nightbeat, Hot Rod, Arcee, Kup, Blurr, Pipes, Warpath, Skids,

Decepticons
    BW Megatron, Inferno, Dinobot, Terrorsaur, Black Arachnia, Tarantulas, Blackshadow, Overlord, Kickback, Shrapnel, Bombshell, Sixshot, Misfire, Slugslinger, Triggerhappy, Bliztwing, Astrotrain, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Laserbeak, Megatron, Thrust, Galvatron (?)

Quotes:

"WAR!"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

“Did you miss me, Optimus?”
    [​IMG]

“I miss silence. You’ve clearly been starved of an audience”
    [​IMG]

NNG!"
    [​IMG]

“I’m glad you’re still alive, Optimus”
    [​IMG]

“I would have hated for someone else to have taken care of you during my convalescence”
    [​IMG]

“Come now, Optimus. I expected a show of strength and determination, not this cowardice”
    [​IMG]

“You're slow from your sleep, Megatron”
    [​IMG]

“My force is repelling your troops. You’ve already lost.”
    [​IMG]

"Argh!"
    [​IMG]

“It’s been good to see you again…Prime”
    [​IMG]

“Decepticons, we have taken the measure of our enemy”
    [​IMG]

“Next time we meet they will not fare so well”
    [​IMG]

“We’ll find no acceptance in his ranks, comrades. We strike out on our own!”
    [​IMG]

“For the first time in a very long time...”
    [​IMG]

“...I’m genuinely excited about what the future may bring”
    [​IMG]

“We’re going to have to do this by ourselves”
    [​IMG]

“Jazz, we’ve assigned your new partner”
    [​IMG]

“My time away has given me the opportunity to review our work, old friend”
    [​IMG]

“Perhaps we need to broaden our horizons”
    [​IMG]

“My objectives, my purpose even, is clearer than it has been in a long time”
    [​IMG]

“Megatron remains the greatest threat our kind has ever faced”
    [​IMG]

“They call me a leader, but I always felt more like a servant”
    [​IMG]

Notes:
    The title of this issue is based on the song of the same name by Pentangle.

Running to 34 pages, this final issues benefitted from an extended page count.

Between the distinctive silhouettes and Starscream's reference to the future it seems safe to assume that the two figures shown fighting on page 29 are Galvatron and Rodimus Prime. While this is the first time Rodimus has appeared in the comics, this is the second appearance of Galvatron, who appeared in a similarly obscured manner in issue 4.

{redacted} also confirmed that the identity of Jazz's new partner was indeed Nightbeat.

Posting on Twitter, writer {redacted} stated that some of the pages towards the end of the issue were intended to set up future series. While being reluctant to go into too much detail {redacted} confirmed that a shorter series featuring the Dinobots was planned and, when it was noted that Swoop was absent from any group shots, {redacted} noted that this wasn't an oversight. {redacted} also noted that, with BW Megatron's defection from the Decepticon ranks, this is the beginning of the Predacon splinter movement.

Covers:
    Optimus Prime by {redacted} based on the 21st card of the Major Arcana: The World
    Upright, the world represents completion, integration, and accomplishment. Inverted, the world represents the quest for personal closure, short-cuts, and delays
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  13. Fear13

Fear13 Well-Known Member

Love it

• Like Like x 2