Transformers the Ride - Spoilers from staff preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by 0JazzMeister0, Nov 17, 2011.

1. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    WHAT a RIDE! Phew! that was AMAZING!

Wow okay, I'm getting ahead of myself... ok so to offer some explanation, I work at Resorts World Sentosa which houses Universal Studios Singapore where the Transformers Ride is located.

[​IMG]

Today they had a special preview of the ride for RWS staff, where we got to experience the ride before it opens to the public on Dec 3rd... and let me just say, my mind = BLOWN!

the 3D effects are amazing, and you really do feel that you're in that world, with the Autobots, facing down those Decepticons from the "safety" of Evac. and yes, you do feel the scale of being a puny human staring up at those massive robots.

I'm going to post up the few pictures I managed to snap on my iphone, which isn't a lot because the line was moving pretty fast and they didnt allow photos after a certain point

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The queue up area was made to look like a NEST base with lots of Autobot symbols and NEST on the walls. Once you get inside the pre-ride area, again, its made to look like you're in NEST. There's various screens on the walls depictingg scans/images of various TFS, and other TV screens with messages from General Morshower, Wheelie, Evac, and yes Optimus Prime himself.

Evac's messages are mostly just the general do's and donts of the ride itself.

there's also stuff like this on the wall
    [​IMG]

as well as another area housing the Allspark shard in it's ROTF pre-Ravage cylinder... and another cabinet housing Skorponok's tail from TF 1.

Stop reading now if you don't want to be spoiled for the ride....

Ok so from here you go to the Ride proper. Your 'car' is exactly that. A car, or to be more specific: Evac. Each Evac can take 12 people, seated in three rows of 4 people. Your restraint is a lock-bar over your lap.

Evac has one side door that opens and closes, and once closed, you're boxed in with the exception of the roof - there is none. Then you put on your 3D glasses and off you go around the first bend. Yes, the car does move - and quite fast too I might add...

To break it down, yes, you're in a simulator... but Evac itself DOES move: up, down, sideways, in reverse, you name it. And the graphics are that incredible that you forget you're in a simulator. There are also 4D enhancements to make it just that little more believable...

I'm going to try and recap the sequence as best I can, because I only rode it twice, and everything goes by really fast, and your adrenaline is pumping like slag. So I may make a few errors, please forgive me.

Anyways, as you round the bend, you're first greeted with Ravage who essentially leaps on the hood and tries to take your face off even as Evac drives like a mad thing trying to shake him off. You're rescued by Bumblebee and gain possession of the Allspark shard. Bee is then attacked by Barricade while Evac (and you) get the hell out of there, crashing through walls and plowing through traffic and debris like nobody's business.

You're attacked by Megatron, rather viciously, only to be saved by Optimus who tells you to get the hell out of there. But Megatron is quickly back on your tail and you'd better hold on tight here while Evac executes some INSANE moves to save you.

There is a point where Megatron fires at you. You see the shell coming as Evac reverses and swerves just as it explodes - and yes, you do feel the heat of that explosion - literally. Blackout/Grindor comes at you next and you narrowly escape his blades as you duck into a tunnel... only to literally feel a strange wind blowing as you find yourself on top of a building and come face to face with none other than Devastator.

I am a little fuzzy as to what happens next, I think it was another Op vs Megatron scene, before you come in contact with Devastator again and get sucked in. Yes.... sucked in. It is intense going through his... maw? But you make it through somehow, only to get snagged by non other than... Starscream.

He snags you with a grappling hook and swings you through the air. Yes you do crash into quite a few buildings. If I'm not wrong, Sideswipe saves you and you go crashing to the ground before you're speeding through the streets with him cutting up Decepticons along the way...

That is until you encounter Bonecrusher - those claws are scary when they start slicing inches from your face >_<

Then we're back with Megatron and Prime and the final showdown where Evac decides it's time to finish things and helps Prime take down Megatron once and for all...

Only, it goes down right at the very top of a skyscraper, and while you may have defeated Megatron, he pulls you and Evac over the edge with him. You're plummeting nose-first to the street below when out of nowhere, there's Bumblebee leaping up to catch you and set you down safely.

On your way to safety, Optimus congratulates you on a mission well done and Evac lets you know you can ride with him any time again.

And that's it. I know it might not seem like much, but blame that on me still being really excited, lack of sleep, and the fact that it's after midnight. I think I might be able to remember more if you ask me questions, so if anyone DOES have any questions about the ride they might be curious about, do feel free to ask.

As for continuity... umm.... I'd say loosely it happens somewhere in between ROTF and DOTM - but yeah, loosely. I'd prefer to call it a stand alone.

Oh, and the only humans you see are the people in the ride with you XD. This ride is all robots :)  I personally loved it. I can't wait for it to open to the public so I can go take it again.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That sounds amazing. So is Devastator in the city?

3. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Which Megatron design does the ride use? The ROTF one or the DOTM design?

And whichever the case, does he have his "missing half his face" speech impediment?

4. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    YES! Yes he is. and it's crazy seeing him that up close and below you as Evac leaps over him from building to building... and getting sucked into him is INSANE.

5. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    I'd like to say the ROTF one. It's a bit hard to tell because he's always in robot mode, and he did have his face, so I'd say ROTF.

I think it's possible the scenes for the ride were 'filmed' while DOTM was still in production so I'd guess they used a lot of the ROTF designs for the ride.

EDIT: And no, his face is there, and there's no speech impedment at all.

EDIT 2: OK, keep on leaving your questions. It's past 1am in Singapore and I need to crash, but I will get to your questions as soon as I'm awake again and my mind is a little clearer about everything.

6. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    he has got a news credit yet??

7. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    How intense is the heat from the shell? Is there a real explosion or just a flame that ignites?

8. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This sounds very much like the Spider-Man ride at Universal in Florida, right down to the heat and building drop. From what I remember, the heat in that was pretty fierce, but was probably caused by a high intensity electric heater rather than actual flame.

9. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

Sounds kinda like the Simpsons ride at Universal in Orlando... except with 3D glasses :cool: 

10. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    sounds really similar the the Universal Mummy ride, or some other parks attractions where you're in a moving vehicle, can't wait for this to open in the US... really hope it's at Universal in Cali when i go in march.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Sounds cool. Wish I could go.

12. MoonBaseTom

MoonBaseTom Inventor of Mac'n Cheese

Ebay:
    Reading this brings back fond memories of the old Universal Studios Back to the Future ride.

13. Shelbo

Shelbo Hur hur

This sounds so awesome

14. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    And now, I wish I had the funds to go to Singapore...

15. Yobuster

Yobuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So during this ride, Evac doesn't actually transform into his robot mode with you being inside and hence not getting squished righht?

16. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Incase you guys were wondering it uses NextGen technology based on the Spiderman Ride at Universal Studios Florida. I may make it up to Singapore this Dec. to ride but it really depends on my xmas spending haha. Worst comes to worst I'll ride at the staff preview in hollywood.

17. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    This is something I was wondering. Like MAYBE they rely on the adrenaline rush while hes holding you. But thats just a guess, It'd be great if the OP could prove me either or.

18. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Hm...

I just skimmed though to see which robots are in this ride.

Evac
    Bumblebee
    Barricade
    Megatron
    Optimus Prime
    Blackout/Grindor
    Devastator
    Sideswipe
    Bonecrusher

Am I missing any?

19. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Are the characters speaking English? And is it just Optimus, Evac, and Megatron with speaking parts?

20. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    thats the only one i can think of