Transformers the Movie Toy Prototype Images - SPOILERS, PICS UP

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kickback, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Kids love Batman, precisely because it's dark and scary and grown-up.

Besides, Watership Down and Old Yeller were family movies. Trauma is part of childhood.

2. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

I'd love an All Monkey Voltron!

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    great points man.

Also I see these as having better movement range than a G1 charachter. Try this. Get a big box and make it look like the frotn end of a car. Try moving. You will have difficulty in getting your arms across your chest. Now take a sweat shirt and stick little bits of parts on it. now try to move. You have much more freedom like this.

One problem with G1 was they often treated solid metal like human skin. Metal doesn't move and flex like skin, yet they animated it like that. This prevents that and gives the robot more range of motion.

4. montrealcityboy0069

montrealcityboy0069 New Member

does anyone have pics of what megatron will look like in the movie?

5. PunkyBrew

PunkyBrew Active Member

I was not sure where Blackout and Barriage came from, so I did a image search for the toys. Which I found, which looked, meh. But then I was looking through the gallerys on a site, for the old G1 Bonecrusher and Brawl. I found a nifty pict of Bruticus, then a link to his new version; Bruticus Maximus. Which, I found out, Blackout and Barriage are parts of.

Anyone else take note that we have four TFs that formed into a Gastalt currently slated to be in the movie? Things that make me go Hmmm.

6. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    I think you're reading too much into this. Hasbro reuses names all the time, and I doubt we'll see anything like a combiner since Energon showed that combiners are all but impossible to do (of course, that doesn't mean Hasbro won't dig out the molds for a store exclusive, mind you)

Blackout works as he is a transport helicopter who favors EM blasts to "black out" an area before the attack

BarriCADE is a cop related name, but still agressive enough for a Decepticon

7. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Vehicle Voltron
    [​IMG]

Lion Voltron
    [​IMG]

Gladiator Voltron
    [​IMG]

Voltron's been other things besides 5 lions :) 

8. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Wow, I'm late coming in on this news, but I think I like them. Just so long as the movie pulls it off well.

9. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

ok this gives me a good enough springboard to say this..

(Concerning ALL GeeWun Fanboys)

The reason Starscream doesnt look like his G1 incarnation is due to a simple fact that most seem to be missing...

THIS MOVIE IS NOT F$^*ING G1!!!

Its new, yes new, I know thats hard for most of us to fathom due to TF's being rehashed every year after year, redoing the same boring concept every line. But these are NEW in idea AND concept. Yah Bay's design team may have hit the ball FAR into left field, but they DARED to do Transformers different, yes different "Gawd forbid" and while desgning they threw US a few bones here and there. They gave us most of the original cast and voice actors, Jebus be a little more graceous.

10. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    And to think, we have nearly a year of this to go through. And then the aftermath. I can't decide if it's going to be fun, or torture.

11. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    The more I study those "toy" figures the more I believe they cannot transform, but will have multiple figures in a box. One, set in robot mode, and another set in vehicle mode.

12. nogga_nootch

nogga_nootch 1

Ebay:
    my god, when will people realise these are prototypes. untill someone from paramount turns round and says yes this is the official design then moan, why can't people just effing wait till that happens.

13. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

Oh, yeah- they dared to do something different. And, what happened?

THEY F$^*ED IT UP!!!

Sure, these damned "GeeWun Fanboys" might not be happy with these bug-like BAYFORMERS, but many non-fandom ticket buyers are put off as well.

Heres the question: will the rabid fanboi who will suckle anything from a baby bottle be enough to make this film suck-sessfull enough to justify 2 sequels?

Time will tell.

SB

14. skeet

skeet aka $keeto Corleone

Man, Blackout looks sweet. I'm not sure if i like the toy version, though. It looks like someone just got lazy with it and slapped the whole chopper on the backside. LoL, but i guess when it come 2 toys, u cant be 2 specific, unless ur MacFarlane or sumpthin.....Convoy is lookin proper as well...he kinda looks like he has this bio-organic looking feel to him, instead of the robotic, Mega Zord, look to it.

15. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

Heh... just wait until July 4 when the flames really start flying. You think it's bad now?

SB

16. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

TBH, I actually like the toy over the film design. As a toy, I think it will be one of the best.

But for film, it is unrealistic and far fetched- like most of the other designs. Look at BB- toy might be awesome, but the bot mode looks like it will shatter into a million pieces if something is thrown at it.

SB

17. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!!

News Credits:
    Just about every pic that's surfaced in the last few months has turned out to be legit. The lastest confirmations (regarding those pics of Prime's arm, Barricade's shoulder, etc.) were just confirmed by Bay himself. I see no reason to believe this new stuff won't be authenticated. Granted, it may not be quite "final", but most likely close.

18. R2Going

R2Going Cybertronian Sentinel

Ebay:
    The two grey molds are Hardcopies and it's tooled up and ready for production. It is what it is.

19. Adregalus

Adregalus Member

Not sure if this has been posted before but here’s a higher res image of ‘Incinerator’:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/crazydrummer/MovieBoard_Incenerator_1.jpg

Where is this ‘bug’ design I keep hearing about? I don’t see it (except for the head perhaps).
    It looks like a load of hydraulics, pipes, thick cables and other industrial machinery to me.

These designs are extremely fantastic, can’t wait to see them on the big screen.
    Yes I agree, StarScream looks flat out horrible. Everything else however looks simply mind blowing. Prime looks like Prime, Incinerator looks plain badass..

(at least all these designs are much better than that ‘Beast Wars’ thing.. Be glad that’s not being made into a movie..)

BTW.. That one transformer which is frozen in ice… It looks just like Escaflowne! o_O 

20. kronos

kronos PSN = METROPLEX_84

News Credits:
    12 months of bitching and moaning! This is going to be entertaining! I like the designs. The CONS will look Scarry like they should and the BOTS will look heroic! SO far the images shown look exactly as they should. The designs need to be functional so the "many parts" id cool by me! and the toys look amazing! SS looks 90% like transtech SS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.