Transformers The Movie 86: How would the story be different if Prime lived?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Excelsior Prime, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The point is they're not dead, and the Matrix did not die with them!

2. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

No...the point is you are a fool, the Matrix has been passed to their new leader..."Wheeliemus Prime".

Destroy him....tear him a new ass hole....and then bring the Matrix to me.

BTW the fool bit was a joke:drunk 

3. adamme

adamme Well-Known Member

i think it would have been a very different film if Optimus had survived, I don't think he would have been upgraded after teh battle with Megatron as I don't think he was that badly hurt, I think it was the 3 shots to where he was already damaged by Megatron thats what did him in. Its possible he might have survived and gone onto be upgraded by the matrix at the end, giving him the strength to beat Galvatron and destroy Unicron.

Also remember reading a Fan Fiction years ago a What if that had Hot Rod not interfering and Megatron was killed as was Soundwave and Starscream was seriously wounded and the one transformed by Unicron and later on he was destroyed by a combined force of Optimus and Rodimus Prime

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Im glad they took him out of the spotlight for a bit. Was good to see all the other TF's get some screen time without their dad always saving the day

5. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    If Optumus Prime hadn't died, Transformers: The Movie would've been a half hour long and I wouldn't have the awesome Aniversary DVD collecting dust on my shelf right now (not to mention a favorite character, given as he either wouldn't been created or just the background to be used as "dead" fodder).

6. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but Furman self-insert characters don't count. As much as I love the character, Grimlock wouldn't have done half of those things if Simon hadn't gotten hold of him.

7. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

1) the show wouldn't have been canceled after Rebirth
    2) Galvatron might have been sane
    3) Prime could have used the Matrix's macguffin powers to bring back Ratchet, Prowl, Wheeljack, Brawn, and maybe Ironhide
    4) I think if the Autobots knew Laserbeak where there they would have sent decoys (another way to bring back the '84-85 characters)

Also, Prime only died because Megatron hit the one part on Prime's body that was still an orginal part (my college friends and I joked that this was the reason Prime died, given how much damage he took during the previous 2 seasons and the spot that was hit wasn't strengthened thru repair yet)

8. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

Bringing this thread back to life because there was a great discussion going on here.

9. Spearhead

Spearhead NEVER!

And you didn't think you might... oh i dunno... CONTRIBUTE something of your own? Just mindlessly gravedig whatever thread you find?

10. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

No need to act like a douche. I started the thread and contributed to it numerous times. I wanted to bring it back to see if others wanted to contribute who hadn't read it originally.

And what exactly did YOU contribute, other than a snide, smart-ass comment?

Oh, that's right...nothing.

11. Spearhead

Spearhead NEVER!

after about two years of non-activity on the thread i'd think it would have been more sensible to do more than "wellp, ima dig this up", but that's just me... though looking at the total non-activity after you dug it up... speaks for itself i guess?

alright, if you so desperately want a contribution:
    movie would have been about the same length with Optimus getting chased together with the bots, getting ripped apart instead of Magnus to sour his already bad day and Hot Rod stealing leadership from him at the end... which would have lead to OP beeing depressed and leaving till "Return of OP" :ev:  yeah, i'm horrible, sue me

12. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

We don't need this thread to be brought up so that there could be a pissing match. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.