Transformers The Movie 86: How would the story be different if Prime lived?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Excelsior Prime, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree Prime`s death was a shocker, it was the choice of Hot Rod to take over I never agreed with. I loved his character, I still remeber first seeing the but when he is racing to lookout point. The fact they made him into a Prime sucked and destroyed a great kid character. They should have just stuck Ultra Magnus into Prime`s shoes he was always the best guy for the job.

2. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    That's not correct! Oprimus Prime was indeed a chosen one, but the matrix predicted that one would rise out of their ranks to light their darkest hour. Hot Rod / Rodimus did not even do that. He used the light of the matrix to destroy Unicron, but that was infact not the darkest hour in history.

Eventually it was Optimus himself that lit the darkest hour. He did that by destroying the plague.

And Optimus Prime was allready an upgrade of Orion Pax. A3 built him to defeat Megatron when the new Cybertronian war started. At that time he became the new baerar of the matrix.

To awnser the premier question: What would have happened if Prime survived. Well, the Japanese continium of G1 named Victory had an awnser for that. In that series the leader of the autobots (God Ginrai) was injured beyond repairs, but still alive. He gave the leadership to Star Saber. So that's an option. But even better. To make God Ginray usefull again Wheeljack, Perceptor and Minelba rebuilt GG into Victory Leo. He could merge with Star Saber to Victory Saber. The ultimate autobot leader. My thought would be the same as brought in before: Drop Magnus and make Hot Rod temporaty leader (changing him into Rodimus). The killing of Magnus by the sweeps on Junkion would be the killing of Rodimus. In the mean while Perceptor and Wheeljack would reconstruct the trailer of Optimus to connect with Optimus into Magnus Prime (or Powered Convoy like the Diaclones, whatever). Than he would go into unicron and fight Galvatron for the matrix and destroy Unicron with the light of the matrix. After that he would be all white, which would declare the all white Prime in Ultra Magnus.

3. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

Which should never have happened. Of course this was all due to Hasbro trying to save face from all the crying kids

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood ))<>((

I would've been okay with Prime sacrificing himself to defeat Unicron in the end.

5. Yigal

Ebay:
    I know, but I let my fantasy go wild at how to have explained the white Optimus in Ultra Magnus. And this seemed plausible enough.

Optimus dying was plain stupidity by Hasbro. Same as killing the Carebears, Barbie, or whatever important to a child soul.

Like in the comic ;) 

6. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

When did Hasbro kill Barbie?!

7. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Dying to defeat Unicron, the ultimate evil in TF, would have been more fitting than dying thanks to wounds inflicted by Megatron. Optimus and Megatron had fought before and it always ended with Megatron widrawing as Prime neared victory.

8. Yigal

Ebay:
    They didn't, but the effect would be the same

9. Maniaxe

Maniaxe Well-Known Member

Oh Please! This is Optimus Prime we're talking about here not Clint Eastwood. I'm certain that despite his tough guy talk, Optimus was hoping to end the thing with Megatron without shooting him, after all he was "Mister Pacficism" in those days. I've explained what would have more than likely actually happened if Roddy hadn't interfered elsewhere, so I won't repeat it here, but anyone who doesn't have an idealized view of Prime from those days would know, Optimus was never the shoot first type. He would have wanted to bring Megatron in to face justice.

I'm sorry if this sounds really negative, but I'm starting to think that Optimus, as a character, is becoming too big. So long as OPTIMUS PRIME is around no other character in the show will ever get a chance to be the hero.

10. Yigal

Ebay:

Grimlock. He's 10 times ruffer and tougher, there is no other. Grimlock is the one and only dominator.

Grimlock saved Prime from surtain death more than once.

Grimlock leads the Dinobots. He's the only one who can lead the Dinobots. Prime can't. No one can. Grimlock can!

Grimlock gave life to the Technobots, while Prime never gave life to anyone.

Grimlock tells the other autobots to be silent because he wants a story, the other autobots are silent. Autobots listen to Grimlock.

Grimlock saved the universe from a energonmonster. Prime couldn't even defeat Megatron without dying.

Prime is a Bozo, Grimlock is a hero!

11. Satomiblood

Satomiblood ))<>((

Where have you been the last 25 years?

12. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol  Spoken like a true Transformers fan. Optimus Prime will always steal the show! :rock  If Optimus had lived in the movie, Megatron would have been owned right there and Hot Rod never would have become the Autobot leader in the first place IMO. I'm pretty sure that makes quite a few Hot Rod haters happy. Then again, Hot Rod is one of my favorite characters.

13. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

With the Joe movie.The reason Duke didn't die was because of the out cry of pissed off parents when Prime died.They had to go back in and add the extra line of Doc coming in over the radio saying "Dukes not dead"

14. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    The death of Optimus is what made it into more than just a kids movie. My Dad did not live with me at the time but I remember making him sit down to watch it with me once. I thought that by seeing that movie he would understand what I was about ( :crazy:  ). I never asked anyone to watch Voltron or He-Man because they were clearly less serious.

For a lot of kids the world is not a perfect place and by allowing the characters in the movie to have that loss Hasbro opened the door for a lot of kids to connect with the franchise.

Strangely now the opposite is becoming true for me. If they can't let Optimus and Megatron take a back seat for at least a season, soon I won't be able to stand the characters any more.

15. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    We would have been given Optimus Alpha with an upgraded Matrix look, the battle of the Headmasters would have gone differently, and Grimlock would have battled for second in command with Ironhide offline.

Also, Galvatron would have been completely insane and instead of wanting the Matrix, he would just have gone catatonic at the idea of not having finished the deed to Optimus in the first place.

16. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Oh man! Great discussion. I would have like to have seen how Prime would have handled Unicron.

If Prime was upgraded somehow, I think he would have looked like the Cybertron Prime and Ultra Magnus combined.

If Prime had live, he would have killed Megatron finally. He never did in the series but he would have in the movie. Things were desperate and if you listen to the language, things were very serious. "Dinobots, DESTROY Devastator" and of course, "One shall stand, one shall fall."

17. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

It is one thing to reanimate bots that float up in your path through space, taking advantage of the situation at hand. It is entirely different thing to bypass Cybertron, go straight to earth, leaving most of the Autobots and Decepticons at your back, to find and reanimate some corpses from a battle that took place there.

18. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

Sounds like someone is getting a little tired of the "Honorable to a fault" Mr. Prime. Lets all remember these are toys we are talking about. I am sure that the quote "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost." includes his willingness to end this war between the two at the price of his pacifistic ways. After all, any wise and battle-hardened leader understands the difference between necessary choices and personal desire.

19. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let the records show that every Decepticon that Optimus shoots at, beats up, and fights in the movie are the ones who survive.

"One shall fall" indeed.

20. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Let the record show that only 1 Decepticon truly dies in the movie.Two others are questionable and the 3rd was never really dead, according to the script.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.