Transformers The Movie 35th Anniversary 4K Edition

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Chris C137, May 21, 2021.

1. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah... I'm lying to myself if I didn't think I would purchase this disk lol.

DAMN YOU HASBRO!!!!! I'm not buying the 8K version unless Toei animates the deleted scenes or they animate some new scenes featuring Bruticus, Menasor, etc.....

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Diesel

Diesel The Legendary Super Saiyan

Well done, brother. Well done! You should see about having that artwork put on some posters for us to buy.

3. Jedi Kermit

Jedi Kermit I try to save a life a day, usually it's my own...

News Credits:
    Dolby Vision for the WIN!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope to get one on pre-order. I like the 4k.

5. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Coming in 2031 just in time for the 45 anniversary of Transformers the movie, fans of all ages will experience a timeless classic. Remastered with 8k visuals, new stunning artwork done by Kevin Smith, a remixed edition of Stan Busch’s you got the touch and tons of bonus content. Transformers the movie 45th anniversary! It’s beyond your wildest imagination!

Only for 100 dollars and 150 for the steelbook edition!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dmharper80

Dmharper80 Squeegee

Help out an idiot here. I don't have a blue ray, is there any point in getting this?

7. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    thing is .... i have an 8k tv so if they did i would be too weak :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    For the moment, if you already own the movie and are happy with it, probably not. But if you ever plan on buying another TV and/or video disc player in your lifetime (which I figure is incredibly likely), you'd probably be glad to have this, if you can afford it. 4K Blu-ray players can be found for $100, and can be connected to non-4K TVs, so you could still play the movie now, even if you weren't getting the full 4K HDR presentation. (I still don't have a 4K TV, but I have the player, which can handle DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K Blu-ray.)

On the other hand, I wouldn't plan to go up to 8K until we're far in the future and that's the only option left. I think we're approaching diminishing returns in improving picture quality at this point, and at my age, my eyes aren't getting better, so it feels doubly like a waste.

9. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    the picture compared to my 4k is amazing and games look much better too .... we are not far off 8k with things like the ps5 :) 

10. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No the touch or dare to be stupid music videos? The last release they tried to get the tommy puppet prime season 5 segments as extras. Shame they couldn't get them this time.

Would have loved zone or scramble city with sound. (would even take the fandub).

Oh well. Still nice to get on 4k. Wonder if gijoe the movie will get a 4k release also?

Are they going to fix the blur in the fishing scene this time and will hot rod be red or pink this time?

Also only one comm track? Why not the second fan track from the two disk dvd set also?

11. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Yeah, per Forbes, TV’s are getting to a point that the human eye can’t process it.

“What’s being left out of all this is that even if the necessary technology was in place to watch and stream 8K, 8K content was plentiful, and prices dropped to reasonable levels, buying an 8K TV would make no sense whatsoever for most people who watch TV in their homes. Why not? The human eye cannot resolve the level of detail that’s present in an 8K image at the distance most people sit, or would want to sit, from their TV.”

Don't Be Fooled. 8K TVs Are A Waste Of Money For Most Viewers

• Like Like x 3
  12. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So what are the deleted and extended scenes?

13. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I'm starting to rethink my order because full screen isn't in 4K. I may end up contacting Shout Factory to cancel it. That's my fault for not checking everything out before placing the order. Also, if the lithograph is just Rodimus that is a little disappointing as well but not the end of the world. I have a little time to think this over and I may just keep it anyway. See the movie in 4K HDR would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  14. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good to see this as #1 best seller on Amazon, our TF brand is healthy and strong with the fan support!

EDE4969A-6882-495B-8F93-F5A883C31B91.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  15. CyclonusIsSkywarp

CyclonusIsSkywarp Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the steelbox orders will include an insert with the new artwork?? I'm thinking they should but companies have gotten very cheap and cut inserts out just like there's no instructions for video games anymore.

16. Hans

Hans Secret Agent

News Credits:
    That would be great. I hope Zavvi gets this as well, they also have a Dutch site which makes it way easier to get it in the Netherlands.

17. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    I don't have a 4K TV or player.

After I have at least septible tiple dipped on the "new" version of this movie every 8 months, all the way back to about three different VHS releases VHS, I'm quite satisfied with the steelbook version in HD (official; I already had some bootleg BDs) cause I love having the 4:3 ratio. I even like the art and packaging, though I know a lot of you don't.

I even kept one of the DVDs...the double disc version with the interchangeable cover cause there's some extras that are exclusive to that. Hell, I even kept one DVD solely for the bonus feature with Vince DiCola. All the CHS copies are in storage, included the infamous one where they FINALLY restored Spike saying "shit!" But I think I gave away all my extra (crappy) blurays and DVDs.

I have sooo many and the last one was everything I wanted. No more. I'm done by TF:TM on home media, unless they get to the point they can beam it directly into out brains.

18. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

If you have a gaming console say like a ps4 or xbox one, then it should suffice to play the disc.

19. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    I think you already got your answer but this is supposedly a new scan of the original masters (though there is some ambiguity in the language). If so, it might look different/better than previous copies even if you aren’t getting the full resolution.

Serious question: why are you asking? Is there an explanation for his choice that would satisfy you? Are you hoping to learn something?

Maybe I’m just too old to get any fun out of Internet forum financial shaming.

If I had to guess, a lot of people would do something like this thanks to the ridiculous scarcity of some products lately. If someone is sure they will have the money when it is released down the road, locking in a preorder might make sense.

I keep all of them! I guess I’m hoarding various releases of this movie but I enjoy having them on the shelf. Their presence is usually justified by one or two unique special features anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Clearly a film with quite the enduring legacy.

• Like Like x 1