Transformers The Movie 35th Anniversary 4K Edition

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Chris C137, May 21, 2021.

1. Arco2002

Arco2002 Matt Ferguson

News Credits:
    I don’t know the dimensions no sorry.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  2. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

News Credits:
    This thread reminded me that I pre-ordered a copy from Target long ago when there was a discount on blurays and they listed it as having a digital code (which I now know it never did). Oddly it never shipped and still shows an estimated ship date of August 23rd. Wonder how long they'll keep it before they cancel the order.

3. Mattimus Prime

Mattimus Prime New Member

Has anyone actually watched the UK UHD yet? I've noticed there doesn't appear to be HDR or Dolby Vision on the disc I have and this was spoken about at length in all the reviews I read of the American release

4. Chris C137

Chris C137 Have some self respect. Take the QC sticker off.

News Credits:
    Got my UK disc today, HDR and Dolby Vision are both present on mine. Are you able to get an information banner to display whether it's active (like I've picture below)?

I am finding Dolby Vision is very noticeably darker/dimmer than HDR though. Not sure if I've got to play with my TVs settings for that as I've never compared the two before, or if it's something inherent to the disc.

Dolby Vision:
    20211028_163441~2.jpg
    HDR:
    20211028_162853~2.jpg

Same pics without the info banner.
    Dolby Vision:
    20211028_163310~2.jpg
    HDR:
    20211028_161929~4.jpg

Think I prefer the way it looks with HDR rather than Dolby Vision, but DV's meant to be the "superior" one isn't it? Again maybe just need to play with my TV settings.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Still haven't received my Zavvi order, which was expected to be delivered here on the 25th of October according to their website. There is also no track and trace information to be found on their website for my order, so no clue where the package currently is. I've just sent them a message, asking them for track and trace information. I hope the package did not get lost, like my order of Masterpiece Thundercracker from ShowZ that went missing and has yet to surface. :( 

6. djanscak

djanscak Member

My understanding is that the difference between these two is that HDR is static metadata for the entire thing you’re watching whereas DV is dynamic in that the metadata can vary from scene to scene.
    But yeah, you’re right, you should be able to adjust your settings to get better results from DV. My 2016 LG OLED allows independent calibration for SDR, 3D, HDR, and DV so I imagine your TV would be similar in that regard.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Optronix1087

Optronix1087 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone able to get screenshots? I’m looking to get the shot of Unicron at the opening when he’s a small spec passing by the two suns. I’m hoping to get a good enough quality image to make a background from it for when i get my case for my Haslab Unicron.

8. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    I see that you're based in the Netherlands, same as me. I also haven't received my Zavvi order. Please share what they have to say ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    I've received the following two replies, which comes down to having to wait...

10. Niv3k

News Credits:
    The waiting game it is then...

Thanks for letting me know :) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jedi Kermit

Jedi Kermit I try to save a life a day, usually it's my own...

News Credits:
    Sorry, non whatsoever...

This is a great set. I'm in for a replacement for a corrected version if it is possible.

You might want to check your TV and/or 4K UHD player. The movie looks fantastic in Dolby Vision and I don't have any loss of detail in darker areas...

12. Jedi Kermit

News Credits:
    I finally got my Zavvi version and it is a great set. Something that diehard fans of a movie (or movies) look for in a definitive type box set. (I'm thinking like Star Wars Box sets with bells and whistles...) There are a few things that Shout! Factory did that I don't like about this overall 35th anniversary release. The 4K UHD is widescreen only. The Blu-ray is fullscreen only. The DVD is NOT from the 35th remaster but the 30th anniversary release in widescreen only. In my opinion the releases should have been in a 4K UHD in widescreen and fullscreen and a Blu-ray in widescreen and fullscreen using the same recent remaster. As for having all the extra features, sorry you'll have to get all of the U.S. releases (from different companies) on disc as not everything was carried over to the next release.... Anyhow, here are some pictures....
    DSC00467.JPG DSC00468.JPG DSC00469.JPG DSC00470.JPG DSC00471.JPG DSC00472.JPG DSC00473.JPG DSC00474.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  13. Jedi Kermit

News Credits:
    I've recently noticed this, the cover art is different from the U.S. release to the U.K. release. If you don't mind me asking what is the reason for different art covers?
    DSC00470.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  14. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    I prefer the one on the right, so the US version. Too bad, because I'm waiting for the Zavvi version and I don't need more than one release. My guess is that it's a mistake, that they used a different cover.

15. Arco2002

Arco2002 Matt Ferguson

News Credits:
    I wanted the UK version to be different so it was more special to me , I also felt it would be cool to evoke the original UK key art as well. As I’m from the UK it’s what I personally identify with the look and feel of home releases of the film. That being said I wanted the US release to equally feel like a part of that history.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Jedi Kermit

News Credits:
    Interesting... I enjoy looking at your cover art. It is in my opinion much better than the 30th anniversary art cover. Just my opinion.

I love the original poster art. I can remember just staring at it on the original F.H.E. VHS for long periods of time on all sides....

17. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    I received mine four days ago. Had to pay almost 14 euros for import taxes, whereas nowhere it was stated that it would be sent from the UK and the Zavvi website had a .NL extension. I've complained about that and I've asked that money back. Luckily I paid via PayPal.

18. Groovygoth666

Groovygoth666 Full of Beryllium Baloney

News Credits:
    No worries, thanks anyway. And thanks once more for the gorgeous artwork, and I agree with Jedi Kermit, this is better than 30th anniversary.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Niv3k

News Credits:
    Seems that mine is lost in transit and Zavvi can't offer a replacement... They do offer a refund but as this is a limited release I'm not all that happy to say the least.

20. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Well, that's shitty. :(  Perhaps yours is still somewhere at customs and will still show up...?

Zavvi has stated that they will refund me the 14 euro for import taxes which I had to pay.