Transformers The Movie 2006 (prologue up)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Hakudoushi, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

Ok. I suppse I've had enough break time.
    :cool: 

Chapter 7

“It’s stupid,” Sunstreaker snorted at Optimus Prime’s plan. Gathered around the table besides Optimus and Sunstreaker, were five other specifically chosen Autobots; seven in all. Each of them was chosen to aid in the ransom/rescue of Spike. Optimus Prime, Hound, Mirage, Ratchet, Jazz, Sunstreaker, and his twin Sideswipe stood around the table that laid out a hologram of the plan.

“Shut it ‘streaker.” Jazz snapped.

“It’s still stupid.” He stated. “Too many things can go wrong.”

Prime looked at Sunstreaker and nodded.

“It’s true, yes. There are many things that could go wrong, but in this circumstance I feel it best to do the snatch as discreetly as possible.”

“No, I mean it’s stupid that I have to take Ratchet’s place!” He growled. “Why can’t Sideswipe do it? We’re both the same size!”

Sideswipe laughed. “Because we can’t trust you to do what it will take to get the kid outta there in one piece. One scratch on you and you’d blow the whole thing open.”

“We can’t risk exchanging the real Ratchet.” Jazz explained. “If Hound disguises you as Ratchet with his hologram projector, we’ll exchange you for Spike and when we have the kid you’ll use the jet pack to fly off.”

Sunstreaker didn’t look enthused as much as the others, in fact he revolted the fact that he had to risk himself for that no good brat.

“Fine, but if I get even one scratch-”

“…someone’s head will roll…” The rest of the group finished Sunstreaker’s catch phrase with their optics rolling.

------------------------------------------------------

Starscream walked briskly through the dirt with vile thoughts of conquest and death on his mainframe. Megatron was irritable which caused him to yell and that in turn made Starscream irritable. He dreamed of the day he’d rise against Megatron’s banner and raise his own. The Decepticon forces would blossom under his command and the Autobots would crumble under his might.

The sun was well into the sky when Starscream came to do his routinely check on the Human’s ‘condition’. As he pulled the rock from the cave the human’s sleeping body lay in the middle of the ground. Rumble and Frenzy had beaten him to the point that they thought he had expired. But after Starscream had done a human ‘diagnostic’s he told the other the human had merely lost consciousness.

Starscream snorted.

The human stirred.

“M-m…mo..mom…” The boy’s eyes flickered open and he sat up quickly, causing a stream of pain from yesterday’s ‘treatment’ to race through his body. “..augh!”

The boy looked up and saw Starscream. The Decepticon’s eyes narrowed and the human’s eyes went wide. Starscream merely stared back then rolled the large rock back over the cave, but without realizing he left a small opening large enough for a skinny young boy to crawl out of.

-------------------------------------------------------

The dream wasn’t like anything he’d experience in a long time. The vivid memory of March 14 of last year was all too much in his mind. You never heal from something like that.

The dream started off peaceful enough, just like that day itself.

He raced down his street, a piece of paper flapping wildly in his hand. His house lay just a few hundred feet away and his wonderful announcement was waiting. His heart raced with excitement. He was going to pass 10th grade! His GPA was 3.5! The scare of last semester was over! He’d successfully brought three failing grades into perfect A’s! His mother would be so proud of him!

He jumped the hedge into his front yard and was in view of his front porch. The door was open.

Spike heard a scream and a loud bang. A gun shot.

He stopped. In the doorway of his home was a man standing over a bleeding body. The man walked up to the body and pointed his shot gun and fired. Blood spattered onto Spike and the small piece of paper fell from him limp grip. His mother lay hopelessly bleeding on the ground, her beautiful day dress stained with her beautiful crimson blood. Her eyes were wide and her lips trembled as the last bit of life in her body melted away into oblivion.
    Spike’s eyes watered and small drops of moistures fell down his cheeks, over his shivering lips and shoulders.

The man panicked when he saw Spike. He aimed his Shot gun at the boy and fired.

Nothing happened. No more slugs.

He bent down and grabbed something off the ground and ran at Spike. Spike grabbed the man’s wrists and wrestled with him for an instant. The man ran off, leaving the 6 inch blade on the ground, stained with both Spike’s and his mother’s blood. A large gash bled on Spike’s arm, but he didn’t notice it. He ran to his mother’s motionless body and buried himself in her stained blood hair.

“Mom!” He screamed. “Moooooooom!”

He was startled out of his nightmare, and he was glade for it until he found out what had awoken him. There in the light of the sun stood the Decepticons’ second in command, Starscream. His gaze was iced over with maliciousness and contempt.

He rolled the boulder back into place then left.

Spike broke down and cried into his hands. It seemed like hours before he raised his head. He saw his foot and stared at it. Wait! He could see his foot! His foot!

Spike looked up and saw in the grim darkness of his prison, a ray of light. He crawled hopeful over to the opening and pushed his head through. There was no sign of any Decepticons around. He pushed and pulled his body through the rest of the way, despite his muscles screaming in protest. His arm was still caked over with blood from the bullet wound and had formed a radical looking scab, which was scrapped off as he pulled himself the opening, allowing the fresh blood underneath to flow.

He picked himself up and stared blindly around him till his eyes adjusted to the light. After he could see he ran off and started trying to find his way out of the valley. He was walking around what he recognized as part of the ridge around the valley when he noticed the activity in the valley bed bellow.

Megatron and Starscream stood and watched as the rest of the Decepticons cut through the hard rock with seemingly ease. The picked up the slabs of thick rock and placed thick round devices in the hole. They then placed the slabs of rock back onto the hole, gently, and covered in the cracks with loose dirt.

“You don’t need to be so cautious!” Megatron snapped. “They aren’t even active yet. You can be cautious when the Autobots are standing on them!”

‘Bombs!’ Spike thought to himself. ‘I need to get to Bumblebee…’

Spike carefully started walking back the way he’d came to turn around and find a route away from the valley. Spike panted in the hot sun.

“I have to get to the Autobots…” He breathed.

--------------------------------------

The convoy of Autobots raced down the desert highway to the specified place provided by Megatron’s earlier transmission. The dust flew around them in violent whirls and small waved of dirt; each carried on by the next car. Leading them in the front was a bright red Semi followed by a long silver trailer. Tailing behind that was an army. Not really, they were more like a platoon. Prowl used his appearance as a human police car to get the other cars off the road to allow them to pass without incident.

It wasn’t long until Optimus pulled off the pavement and headed down an abandoned stretch of dirt road.

“T-this i-is s-stupid!” Sunstreaker complained, his voice shaken by the bumpy road.

“S-hut i-it!” Jazz snapped.

Sunstreaker remained silent until they arrived at the bottom of the hill that would take them to the valley’s edge.

“No way!” He said transforming. “I’m not going to-“

Ironhide whacked him on the side of the head.

“Hey!” Sunstreaker snapped. “You could have chipped my paint!”

“Quite!” Irohnide shushed him and pointed for him to start making his way up the steep incline to the ridge.

Pouting, Sunstreaker reluctantly followed his comrades. ‘This is stupid…’

Optimus Prime, Hound, Mirage, Ironhide, Jazz, Sunstreaker, and Sideswipe made their way up the incline. The rest of the Autobots stayed below for reinforcement if anything got too messy.

Hound placed the image on Ratchet over Sunstreaker, making it appear as if Ratchet was among them, and Mirage turned on his cloaking device disappearing as they continued to climb. As they appeared on the ridge they could see the Decepticons standing at the bottom of valley.

There was no sign of Spike.

The gathered Autobots slid down the slope and stationed themselves at the opposite side of the valley bed.

“Have you brought the ransom, Prime?” Megatron hollered,

Prime motioned for Sunstreaker- rather Ratchet to step forward.

“Good…” Megatron cooed to himself. “Hand him over!”

“Not until we see Spike!” Optimus growled. He wasn’t going to give Megatron any advantages it he could help it.

Megatron nodded

“Very good Prime.” Megatron said. “Go get the germ.”

Thundercracker nodded and turned to go get Spike.

“He’s off to fetch the human. Now, hand over the doctor.”

Prime knew what Megatron was up to. He’d wait till he had Ratchet and Spike then turn on the deal. He would probably even kill Spike there and now as long as the Autobots didn’t get him.

“Not until I see Spike.”

Megatron didn’t seem to like what Optimus was saying, but he knew this was what Prime’s response would be regardless.

Thundercracker came back holding a large canister, big enough to hold a human, and looking rather skittish, whispered something into Megatron’s audio sensor. Megaton’s face almost changed from relaxed expectation to utter rage, but he caught himself.

“Don’t worry master Megatron,” Thundercracker explained. “Just give them this and say the brat is inside. I put a nasty surprise inside just for them. Just in case anything…should go astray.”

“Very good, Thundercracker.” Megaton smiled and turned to face the gathered Autobots . “Here he is Prime!”

Optimus saw Megatron hold up the canister.

He wasn’t sure weather to believe Spike was actually inside, but he couldn’t afford not to. If they were to keep up this sheared long enough for Mirage to secure Spike then they would be one step closer to ending the whole mess.

Prime nodded for the Ratchet disguised Sunstreaker to walk forward and the exchange would begin. Optimus walked behind him as the two sides met in the middle of the valley bed.

2. optimusprimus

optimusprimus Mastermind of Gundams

:D  great... how often does a human get to escape from that wreakage so easily? ^^ cant wait for you to update, haku.

3. Hakudoushi

Chapter 8

He considered every step he took as he made his way up the slope to follow Thundercracker. The Decepticon was too preoccupied with him task to notice the sound of foot falls or the mysteriously appearing foot prints in the gravel. His motor sensors were on high alert as he used all his skills in espionage to keep up with his target. Mirage didn’t like having to be out in the open with nothing but rocks and boulders for cover, but it was his duty as an Autobot to follow orders, no matter how suicidal they seemed to him.

Thundercracker lead him to a small clearing in front of a large rock formation. Mirage watched, ready to spring for the kid, as the Decepticon seeker pulled the large boulder away from the cave opening. Thundercracker disappeared into the cave.

Mirage was ready for anything, anything at all…

“He’s gone!” The Decepticon cried out, astonished.

…except that.

Mirage watched, baffled, as the Decepticon ran out of the cave, stopped, and looked in every direction before storming off in a panic.

‘Gone?’ Mirage asked himself. ‘How?’

He picked himself up from his crouching position behind a rock and looked at the entrance to the cave. There were Thundercracker’s tracks, but there were also other tracks. From what he saw and what he knew Mirage had a guess that the human had found a small opening and escaped. There were signs of the human crawling on the ground near the cave entrance. From there Spike had gotten to his feet and gone off towards the valley, but then they came back and headed off in another direction. If he continued to follow those tracks Mirage was certain to find the kid.

-------------------------------------------------------

Spike walked slowly around the cover of the rocks that shielded him from anything he thought was following him, if any. His heart pounded in his ears and his mouth was parched. His wounds caused him to slow down, but after he got used to the pulsing of pain with each heart beat he was able to quicken his pace slightly. He wiped his hands across the rock and he walked, as if they would steady his balance. He heard foot falls and the crunch of gravel approaching. He ducked behind a rock, watching and waiting.

A large blue and purple Decepticon came running by with a metal container in his hands. He ran right past Spike without even hinting that he saw or noticed anything, to Spike’s relief.

The human boy let out a sigh of easement.

“There you are!” A voice from behind Spike said.

Spike jumped at the voice and turn around harshly, his heart in his throat.

There wasn’t anyone there. No! There was!

There was a spot in front of Spike that looked like its colors were blurred. The spot blurred even more and suddenly the shape of large Transformer appeared.

Spike’s eyes went wide and in panicked he screamed.

The transformers lashed out with his hand and covered Spike’s mouth, and most of his torso.

“Shhh!” He whispered hard. “I’m a friend. Look!”

He pointed to a large red faced insignia on his arm.

“I’m an Autobot.”

Spike, relieved, nodded and the Transformers let go.

“Where’s Bumblebee?” Spike asked, without thinking. “Is he here?”

The transformer shook his head.

“He’s been taken off active duty for a while.” He told Spike.

Spike’s heart fell.

“Because of me?” The boy asked.

The Autobot shrugged.

“Kind of,” He said indifferent. “But save the guilt till later. First we need to get out of this slaging place, then you can have your little guilt trip.”

Spike nodded.

The Autobot held out his hand.

“Come on.” He said. “I can’t drive through these rocks and we need to get to the others before the exchange occurs.”

Spike climbed onto his outstretched hand.

“Exchange?” Spike asked.

“Yeah,” The Autobot nodded as he stood to full height. “The deal was we’d get you back in one piece if we handed over our team physician.”

“What?” Spike asked. He was surprised anyone would do something like that for him. It touched him to know there was someone in the world that still cared weather he was alive or a dead, rotting, nameless corpse on the street. But at the same time it make him even more guilty that someone else was being exchanged for him.

“Don’t worry,” He told him as they turned invisible There was no physical sensation that followed the cloaking, but Spike did have the feeling they were being ‘covered’ by something that made them invisible to everyone. Including themselves. “We disguised one of our soldiers as the good doctor and they will be exchanging him instead while I secured your safety. Now all we got to do is signal Prime and we’re off and this hole things over…Hopefully.”

“How can you walk like this?” Spike asked. “I can’t even see my feet.”

The transformer laughed.

“Practice,” He admitted. “And this…”

He pointed to his eyes, though Spike couldn’t see that.

“My optics have a special coating that allows me to see anything cloaked with the same type of device that allows me to turn invisible.” He added. “I can see where my feet are, even though you can’t.”

Spike was slightly confused, but didn’t admit it. Then something hit him he’d forgotton.

“Oh!” Spike cried. “I forgot!”

“What?” The Autobot asked.

“The bombs!” Spike cried.

“What bombs?!” The Autobot asked worriedly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunstreaker tried to keep his composure as he and Optimus Prime walked the few hundred feet to where Megatron, holding a canister they were to believe held the human they were doing all of this for, was also walking towards the point of no return. Behind Hound’s illusion was Sunstreaker’s true form and strapped to his back was his twin brother’s jetpack, the only one that had survived the crash.

They were less than a hundred feet from each other and he could see Megatron’s face, grinning that infuriating grin. His features brought back horrid memories of countless battles. He could feel withheld anger from one battle in particular; his first.

The darkness was so dense down in the ruble and his optics were useless. Three no longer functioning Autobots lay motionless in the clearing where a Decepticon had caught their recon team off guard and took out the leader and both sharp shooters. Their body’s lay smoking with large pieces missing out of their bodies, caused by the powerful firearm ripping through the metal of their frames and into the soft wiring of their interiors. His brother, Sideswipe, sat next to him, wounded and shaking. A shot had caught Sideswipe in the arm, which was barley an arm any longer, and he was leaking Energon so badly his body was going into shock and he was shaking. They needed to get back to base! Or Sideswipe may not make it…

“Streaker…” Sideswiped said smiling weakly. “It’s ok…I’m…fine.”

“Shut up. You’re just making it worse,” Sunstreaker whispered. He looked back over at his younger brother and smiled. “Don’t worry…I’ll get you out of here…I promise.”

Sunstreaker turned back to look over where he thought the Decepticon might be. Sure enough, there he was. He was standing out in the open, the cocky bastard, in all his high and mightiness, just standing there; daring Sunstreaker to make a move. Any at all. His sleek silver body reflected the darkness around him and in his very Spark. His optics were crimson red and his firearm, a ridiculously large and energy consuming fusion cannon, lay strapped to his right arm as if to spoil any other’s attempts at intimidation or fool hearty deeds of misdirected heroism.

The Decepticon laughed. Just out of the blue, to show his own confidence in his victory.

“Damn you…” Sunstreaker cursed. “Damn you Megatron…”

He snapped out of his memory recollection to the present. They were face to face with the Decepticon leader. His features were the same as before. The stood only about 10 feet from each other, but to then it was much closer; more like slightly out of arm’s length.

Wordless, Megatron held out the canister, staring at Sunstreaker/Ratchet with a vile look of eager maliciousness.

Sunstreaker was about to take a step towards the Decepticon dictator when a voice rang out through the valley bed.

“Stop!” Mirage stood openly at the top of the ridge. “It’s a trap!”

“Mirage?!” Prime shouted, surprised and slightly worried that he revealed himself. But then he saw Spike sitting on Mirage’s shoulder waving his hands and shouting the same foreboding message.

“There are bombs underneath the ground!” Mirage and Spike shouted together. Optimus and Megatron met each other’s gaze as it left the two shouting on the ridge. Megatron looked at Prime’s face, the canister, and at Sunstreaker. He grabbed Sunstreaker’s arm, not seeing that his fingers partially disappeared under the illusion., and pulled the reluctant hostage over to him. He then threw the canister at Prime. The Autobot caught the canister just as Megatron ran off, pulling Sunstreaker along for the ride.

“Now!” Megatron yelled. “Soundwave!”

The Decepticon pushed a button on his chest.

The ground exploded under Optimus’s feet and the valley was filled with fire and smoke. Megatron and Sunstreaker appeared out of the smoking cloud filling the valley bed.

“Optimus!” Sunstreaker cried. “Nooo!”

Author's notes:

OH NO! I killed Prime! Couldn't resist. LOL. J/K or am I? Just have to wait and find out! :cool: 

4. optimusprimus

.......... I hate you..... I love your story, but I'll hate you if you killed Prime.... If you killed him, I'll COME AFTER YOU, HAKUDOUSHI!!!!!! :stick: 

Why does everyone have to kill Optimus?! Uuuhhhh.... :banghead: 

5. Hakudoushi

Douchi??

This smells faintly of an insult... :sly2: 

Don't make me slap you...or not update...you'd really hate that. :stick: 

6. Hakudoushi

Chapter 9

The explosion was enormous. Debris flew every which way and hit various Autobots and Decepticons who weren’t too observant.

Mirage grabbed Spike and crouched down on his haunches, holding the human in one hand and covering his with the other.

Spike let out a yelp of surprise at the blast and another when Mirage grabbed him so suddenly.

When the dust cleared and the smoke dissipated, there was nothing there where Optimus had once been. The feeling of dread fell upon the Autobots until they saw a glowing orb hanging over the crater. A black Autobot, along with several others stood on the opposite ridge, sending a bright yellow beam that connected to the floating glowing orb. Inside the orb, to the utter relief of all the Autobots and the extreme rage of Megatron, was Optimus Prime. His chest was slightly burned and he’d been hit with shrapnel, but it was better than dead.

Ironhide and the other made their way over to Optimus and began to assessed the damage.

“Sir,” Ironhide said. “Can you move?”

“Yes..” Prime said weakly.

“Way to go Trailbreaker!” Mirage cheered after he saw Optimus safe.

Megatron looked down at who he thought was Ratchet, but there instead was a yellow Autobot.

Sunstreaker realized the illusion was no longer masking him.

“Oops…” Sunstreaker laughed, partially relieved to be himself again.

Megatron’s rage rose to dangerous levels of anger. His face almost looked red. He turned his scowling face towards the Autobot and Human. They had ruined everything!

“I demand revenge!” He cried. Megatron threw Sunstreaker to the ground and aimed his fusion cannon at the ridge. “Die!!”

Just as he was about to fire Sunstreaker grabbed his legs in protest.

“No!” The Autobot cried.

The blast fired, but missed its target; instead it cut through the ridge right under them. The rock collapsed under their feet sending them down the incline in an avalanche of dust, rock, and gravel.

Mirage lost his grip on Spike as they were overtaken by the debris and he was swept away.

“Mirage!” Ironhide yelled as he helped Optimus to his feet.

“Decepticons, attack!” Megatron cried. The gathered Decepticons charged towards the Autobots. The seekers transformed and flew over head sending laser fire and dropping bombs all over. Sunstreaker took the chance and ignited his jetpack. It fired up and he was jetted up into the air, to Megatron’s surprise.

He flew over to where the ruble had settled and began to dig. Sunstreaker’s hands were being scratched and chipped by the rocks, but in the heat of panic he thought of nothing else but getting his injured comrade to safety…the human too.

He found Mirage first, still conscious and struggling to free himself.

“I’m fine!” He protested. “Find the kid!”

Reluctantly the yellow Autobot began digging in other areas, looking for the brat. After a few frustrated moments he gave up with a growl.

“Augh!” He cried out frustrated. “I can’t find him!”

He gazed over the ruble one more time and saw a small spot of gravel moving as if something was underneath. He dug at the spot and sure enough, pulled Spike out by his arm. The human was coughing uncontrollably, spitting out dirt, and cursing. His clothes were covered in dust and gravel. Sunstreaker sat the boy down on his feet.

“Shit!” Spike cursed. “That sucked!”

Mirage laughed.

“I don’t know,” Mirage chuckled as he whipped the rocks off his. “I thought it was kind of fun.”

“Except the part where we almost died, you mean!” Spike said angrily, not finding any humor in the situation. Spike patted himself down, trying to clean the dirt and dust off his clothes.

Sunstreaker stood up and transformed.

“Get the kid out of here Mirage. This is not place for a human.” Sunstreaker advised. Spike didn’t have time to argue as Sunstreaker sped off towards the battle ensuing in the valley bed.

“C’mon.” Mirage said as he too transformed into a sleek blue and white race car.

Spike hopped in quickly and Mirage drove off around the bulk of the battle. The fighting around them was more intense than anything that Spike had ever seen in movies or on TV. Metal fists flew with the sharp burst of bright energy from laser gun barrels in the background. Spike looked around in awe and saw, off in the distance, two other Autobots pulling the injured Optimus Prime up the side of the incline away from the battle. The present Autobots fought violently against the Decepticons seemingly to give Prime the time needed to get him out of there.

Mirage suddenly took a sharp left, jetting Spike to one side and hitting his shoulder on the side of Mirage’s door, in order to avoid a rouge laser shot exploded where they had just been seconds before. Spike’s shoulder ached and protested as Mirage regained his steering and continued on through.

They were close to the incline when a loud whistling sound echoed through the air and something exploded in front of them. Mirage cried out in surprise and turned sharply left and flipped to his side. Spike head jerked to one side and hit something, knocking him out cold.

From the sky above them, a lone figure came into view. His wings on either side of him gave the impression of an angel descending from the heavens. But this was no angel; angel of darkness maybe. The Decepticon’s second in command, Starscream, landed less than a hundred feet from the over turned Autobot.

“Spike! Get out and run!” Mirage ordered, but when he got no response he turned on his optics into his front seat and saw the boy lying motionless in the seat, blood flowing freely from an open wound on his forehead. “Slag!”

“Don’t move Auto-boob.” Starscream sneered as he pressed the barrels of his Null rays against the Autobots sides to keep him still. Starscream saw the unconscious boy in the front seat and smiled viciously. “You need to be more careful with your cargo; Humans are quite delicate.”

As if to prove his point Starscream punched in Mirage’s front wind shield and pulled Spike out.

“No!” Mirage cried out and he tried desperately to move. Starscream leaped into the sky and disappeared from view. Mirage transformed and looked into the blue atmosphere for any sign of the Decepticon. There was none.

Ratchet and Wheeljack leaped upon the injured Autobot leader and immediately began assessing and repairing various wounds that Optimus had sustained in the blast.

“Not good,” Ratchet admitted as he examined Prime’s chest. “You’ll be down for a couple orns with this mess. We need to get you back to the Ark. Now!”

“All your primary functions are undamaged, but your central motor plug’s been severed.” Wheeljack told the leader. “You won’t be able to walk until we replace it.”

“No…We still need to get Spike.” Optimus sat up slightly and groaned. Ratchet pushed the leader back down.

“No moving!” He ordered. “Mirage will get Spike. Relax Prime, he’s all over it. Mirage will keep the kid safe.”

A faint beeping sound emanated from Ironhide’s wrist com link. In one fluid motion he flipped open the compartment revealing the radio beneath and lifted it to his face and spoke.

“Yeah?” Ironhide spoke slightly annoyed into his wrist.

“I lost the kid!” Mirage’s voice said frantically defeated over the link.

Ratchet was silent as he was force to eat his own words just a nano-click after saying them.

“How could you loose him?” Ironhide demanded. “Those critters ain’t that small!”

Mirage groaned over the com link.

“Starscream caught me off guard and I flipped over. The kid got knocked out! I couldn’t transform!” Mirage explained in a vexed, but panicked voice.

“Just stop making excuses and get him back! We’ll send in some reinforcements.” Ironhide severed the connection and looked up at Wheeljack. “Any ideas?”

Wheeljack pondered for a few seconds. His robot brain was turning over working out possible strategies. It would be suicide to go up against Starscream in his own element, especially when he had Spike as a hostage. A memory popped into his head of an old experiment that had gone slightly aloft when they were first activated. Their Cerebral connections were faulty and it made them dumb and primitive. Wheeljack had been working days straight to try and fix them ever since they’d gone wild in the Ark and smashed poor Teletran’s screens and counsels. Prime had ordered them never to be reactivated ever again, but they needed strength. They needed primitive force. They needed…The Dinobots.

Wheeljack looked at Optimus Prime. His first concern was for his fallen leader. Optimus looked right into Wheeljack’s face, almost pleadingly.

“Prime, I know what I’m about to do may very well get me court-martialed but,” Wheeljack pushed small button on his waist. “Desperate times call for desperate measures.”

7. NerdcoreSteve

NerdcoreSteve Member

Me Grimlock Kick butt!

(Actually, Grimlock from The War Within wasn't dumb, he just talked funny)

Your writing gets better with every episode. You should re-write this when you're done. Also, and this goes for every fan fic writer, you should write original stuff!

8. Dragma

Dragma Active Member

Very nice

9. Hakudoushi

Yay!
    Thanks a lot guys. I truly appriciate your support with this. I must be hinest in the fact that when I do post a chapter, I usually feel like I'm leaving you short. I usually tell myself, "C'mon Lindsay! You can write better than this! Don't skip through a scene without giving details to WTF is happening!"

That kinda thing. I guess I could be called an extreme perfectionist, but I'm too lazy to something about it. :D 
    That's probably the only thing keeping me from giving up, thinking that my writing will never take me anywhere...etc.

But again, thank you. You've no idea how wonderful you make me feel when you say you like my writing. This is what I want to do with my life (write) and this is just the first step in expanding my imagination and creativity.

I'll post another chapter soon guys. Thanks again. :rock 

10. Dragma

Dragma Active Member

A question though, Why bring in the Dinobots, currently the plot you have going does not seem to have any where to put them, or for them to have come from (they kinda just seem to come out of thin air.)?

11. Hakudoushi

Ok. I totally agree with you. This goes back to what I was saying before being a perfectionist but too lazy to do shit about it.

The Apearance of the Dinobots goes into key with Wheeljack's personality. He is obsessed with his inventions and if you recall from G1, the Dinobots were put into stasis because of 'attitude problems'. Wheeljack has been working on the Dinobots (this isn't told to you in the actual writing. Its left for you to figure out yourself...which I did badly apparently... :redface2:  ) to maybe one day reawaken them. Faced with the every growing problems evolving from the Valley bed battle Wheeljack jumps the gun and think this is the perfect time to reveal the new and improved Dinobots! *Trumpit music*
    But instead what he has done is...oh wait...that's for later. Lets just say things are gonna get really sticky once a certain someone makes their debut...and you'll never guess who.

FYI, it's not Skyfire..Jetfire...whatever. That's been done SOOOOOO many times that it isn't much of a surprise anymore. But I am very please at his character and his friends. And be sure that when he makes his entrance this will start to expand on a global scale. GOD! I'm so inspired to write the next chapter. OFF TO MICROSOFT WORD! :p 

12. optimusprimus

I'm sorry Haku, I have trouble spelling it right. It was not ment to seem insulting... :(  will you accept my apology? ( and keep posting?)

13. Hakudoushi

:lol 

Yeah, I will. Apology accepted. :stick: 

14. optimusprimus

Ow... what was that for? :redface2:  I said sorry... keep posting, And I'll keep reviewing... (Hopefully without any intended/unintended insults... :confused2  )

15. Hakudoushi

No mocks me...and gets away unscathed. :ev: 

I'll try to post an update tonight.

16. Dragma

Dragma Active Member

Ok, I can see where you are coming from, and considering where you have started there really is no indication of how long the Transformers have been active.

Now since you have brought up the G1 series, you may recall that Wheeljack actually gets the idea for the DB's from Spike. While in your reality, the Autobots have basically just met Spike (and not the same type of Spike at that). So why would the greatest mad scientist of the Autobots model new warriors off of flesh creatures that lived millions of years ago.

There are a few ways out of this that i can see (not gonna spill it unless you ask me :thumbs2:  ), but for the way you have things set, the Dinos just don't seem to work narratively.

17. Hakudoushi

Unfortuantly, I can see the Dinobots causing problems within the story further along and I may just do something drastic and have them go back into Stasis lock, simply because there is no room in the fic for them. I'm not ready to fully introduce Grimlock's personality to the story yet and it would seem unnatural for him to sit quietly and respect Prime's authority. It seems sloppy and hack-slashed, but it may be necissary for the sake of the bigger picture...

18. optimusprimus

Why do I think we should be scared? :confused2 

19. Hakudoushi

Ok ppls. Since I'm waaaay head of schedual I'm posting 2 chapters, 10 and 11. Enjoy!

Chapter 10

Bumblebee watched Teletran’s screens of the battle. He saw everything; Optimus Prime almost being blown apart; Starscream flipping Mirage over and taking Spike; everything. He watched as the Decepticons and Autobots slammed into each other on the valley bed as they punched and kicked seemingly at anything that moved. It was all for nothing. The trade didn’t work. The Decepticon’s still had Spike and now Optimus had been hurt.

“Damn it!” He cursed and slammed his fists onto the counsel. “I need to be there!”

Suddenly a loud crash came from Wheeljack’s workshop. More crashed followed by a loud piercing roar. The ground shook under the small yellow Autobots’s feet. It was coming from Wheeljack’s lab. Curiosity beat hesitation as Bumblebee walked slowly down the corridor and reached the door to Wheel jack’s lab. The automatic door opened as it picked up bumblebee’s signature.

Four pairs of glowing red eyes peered back at Bumblebee from within the darkness of Wheeljack’s lab. Another roar emanated from the room. Everything shook fiercely.

“Who the slag are you?” Bumblebee demanded, though he thought if that thing roared one more time he’d faint.

The pair of eyes at the top peered right at Bumblebee.

“Me…” It roared. “GRIMLOCK!!!!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thundercracker rammed into Sunstreaker, sending him to the ground fast. Sunstreaker cursed as he picked himself off the ground and charged Thundercracker in return. The seeker moved out of the way by igniting the rockets in his feet; sending him a couple hundred feet into the air.

Not wanting to wait for the ding-bat to come back down Sunstreaker found another Decepticon to pound. He turned around just in time to see Soundwave punch Trailbreaker to the ground. Without hesitation Sunstreaker charged the Decepticon communications officer. Soundwave put his hands forward in time to catch the Autobot by the shoulder and turned his heals and flung Sunstreaker like a rag doll over several transformers’ heads. Sunstreaker landed on Prowl and Dirge who had each other by the hands, trying push the other to the ground when Sunstreaker slammed into them.

“What the slag!” Prowl cursed, the very few times he did swear.

Sunstreaker, ignoring Prowl, pulled out his laser and fired a couple shots at Soundwave, who was making his way over to finish the yellow Autobot off. Only one shot found its intended target, catching Soundwave in the right shoulder. The other two found targets among the crowded battle field.

The Decepticon fell to his knees, clutching his wound.

“Ravage,” Soundwave ordered. “Eject and destroy the Autobot!”

Soundwave’s chest opened and a small black tape flew through the air. In mid flight the tape shifted and turned into a sleek black Decepticon named Ravage. Ravage hit the ground running and clamped his jaws around Sunstreaker’s left arm.

“Augh!” Sunstreaker cried more worried about the mark Ravage would leave than any pain or injury.

Sunstreaker lifted his fists up and brought them down upon Ravage’s head, dazing the Decepticon tape momentarily. Sunstreaker took the moment and got to his feet. He aimed his gun at the stunned tape and fired, the shot caught Ravage in the neck. It blasted through the armor and severed all the wiring all the way through. Ravage’s severed head rolled a few feet before it stopped.

“One scratch and...” Sunstreaker said with a smirk. “…Heads will roll.”

Ironhide helped load Optimus into the back of Ratchet. The fallen leader groaned as he rested in the back of the Ambulance. Optimus Prime had just barely fit. Wheeljack transformed into his respective vehicle mode and started driving back to base with Ratchet and Optimus. Ironhide was to stay behind and take over as temporary commander. As soon as the small convoy was out of sight Ironhide, with recharged motivation, bounded up the incline and stared out at the valley. As he reached the top he saw chaos. The Autobot and Decepticon forces were very limited, but in the short time the battle had raged on they had made the small valley look more like a war zone from Cybertron that anything on Earth.

“Slag,” Ironhide breathed. He jumped off the incline and skidded down the gravel covered hill. Small pebbles and bits of rock flung at him and caused a small dust cloud o follow him all the way down. When he got to the bottom he saw Hound. He was on the ground with the Decepticon Thundercracker slowly walking towards the wounded Autobot. Thundercracker stalked Hound before deciding to finish him off. Ironhide steadied his laser pistol on his forearm and when he got the Decepticon’s head in his sight he fired. The shot missed his head, but slammed into his chest, sending him aback with pain and surprise. Ironhide quickly ran over to Hound and hauled him up.
    Besides numerous dents to his armor and a nasty laser wound on his leg Hound was pretty much intact. Ironhide began the tedious task of hauling his comrade up the hill and safely on the other side. When Hound was secured Ironhide repeated the task, this time with Mirage who had a run in with Starscream. Bullet holes littered the Autobot’s armor. He looked more like Swiss cheese than a Transformer. As Ironhide was losing his patients with the battle he looked up to see, what he thought was, a large dust storm heading their way.
    But as it came closer Ironhide could see it was no dust cloud. He saw several dark figures within the dust cloud. They came closer and closer until he could see clearly who it was.

“I don’t believe it…”Ironhide grunted through his clenched jaw. “The Dinobots!”

Sure enough, there was Grimlock and the troop; Snarl, Sludge, and Swoop.

‘Wheeljack must have wakened them up…’ Ironhide thought to himself. As the four Autobots approached he could see Bumblebee was with them. Ironhide felt a tinge of annoyance for towards the little Autobot for disobeying orders. He was supposed to be back at the Ark.

“What the slag?!” Ironhide cursed. “Bumblebee, what do you think yer doing’? And what’re they doing here!”

Bumblebee transformed and began to explain, but Grimlock roared in protest.

“We here to save Autobots!” Grimlock snarled. “Autobots bite more than can chew!”

“You’re supposed to be in suspended animation! Wheeljack had no business waken you brutes up.” Ironhide snapped. “You’re more a threat than any help!”

Grimlock rolled his head back and let out an audio sensory piercing roar.

“Me Grimlock no take orders from red tin can! Me Grimlock leader of Dinobots! Optimus Prime no here! Cannot fight! Cannot lead! Me Grimlock only leader here. Grimlock take over!” Ironhide was steaming with protest against it, but he didn’t need to be making fights within their own ranks when there was barely a rank to start a fight in. The Decepticons had them out gunned and out maneuvered. The Decepticons were war machines, designed for this very purpose. The Autobot ranks, however, were full of only a handful of soldiers, the rest were scientists and the sort. True, that some of the scientists had become well trained in the soldier’s life, but there were still a few who were still struggling to keep their balance in the even changing current they all seemed to find themselves in since leaving their home so long ago.

“Ok, Grimlock.” Ironhide sneered in burning resignation. “You be leader for the time being. But only until those Decepticons are defeated and out of this valley and the human is secured.”

Grimlock faced Ironhide with a satisfied smirk, but still surprised at how easy it was to gain leadership among the disorder of Autobots; even if it was only temporary.

“Human?” Swoop suddenly piped in. “What Human?”

“His name’s Spike. He’s a friend and the Decepticons are keeping him as a hostage.” Bumblebee explained. “You need to get him safely out of here. Then you can crush those Decepticons’ tailpipes across the valley bed!”

“Sound good to me.” Swoop nodded with a destructive glee as he flew up into the sky. “I do it.”

“Grimlock leader!” The T-rex bellowed. “Me say what we do. Who say we rescues puny flesh creature? Me Grimlock give no such order!”

Everyone waited, rather impatiently, for Grimlock to continue with a reply.

“Swoop go get Spike creature.” He decided finally. Ironhide and Bumblebee groaned with frustrated relief.

With the needed approval and a wild cry, Swoop took off higher into the sky and over the ridge of the Autobot encampment. His sleek silvery wings caught the sun in such a way that they looked as though they were made of diamonds. His eyes darted over the area, searching for any energy signatures that didn’t match a Autobot or Decepticon’s or even a Transformer. It didn’t take long before his scanner picked up an alien energy signature. Huddled around his seeker groupies, Starscream handed out orders to his fleet; the human named Spike lay motionless in the air commander’s grip. There were scattered groups of the two factions doing battle below. It was almost pathetic to see wither side fighting in such a desperate clash of forces. Neither side looked pronged for victory, but if Swoop was to bet, the Decepticons were looking less for ware then the battle torn Autobots.

The Seeker’s leader caught sight of Swoop as the Dinobot’s shadow passed over his vision. A confused scowl crossed the seeker’s pale face for a second, but only a moment’s composure was enough for him to replace it with a greedy smirk. Starscream turned to the battle worn Skywarp and handed him the boy’s limp body. Then, he stepped away from the group and fired up his jets in his feet. As Starscream jetted into the air like a rocket, his body made an upward tailspin as he came to meet Swoop in midair.

There was a loud sound of metal clashing together as the two fliers’ bodies met with tremendous momentum. Swoop’s head spun as he regained his flight balance. Starscream floated 10 feet away, his smirk gleaming wide upon his face.

“I know not of your beastly origins Autobot,” The Seeker sneered. “But your utter destruction demise will be a pleasure.”

Swoop’s head was still spinning slightly when he transformed. His Dinosaur mode shifted away revealing his robot mode. His eyes glared at the Decepticon with utter virulence.

Starscream welcomed the Autobot’s rage as confirmation of his own challenge.

“Decepticon fool for challenging Dinobot.” Swoop pointed a clawed finger at the Seeker.

“’Dinobot’?” He asked. “How idiotic; taking the form of an earth creature suites you. There’s a reason why those beast no longer walk this Mud ball-”

Starscream fired a barrage of laser fire from the barrels on his arms.

“-they were wiped out!”

Swoop swung around to dodge the volley of lasers and returned fire. A single laser shot across Starscream’s leg, grazing him slightly. The Decepticon didn’t seem to notice the wound at all and simply maneuvered around to face Swoop. The Dinobot swung primitively at the Decepticon and caught him in the jaw. Starscream scowled and threw his own punch at the Autobot. Swoop caught Starscream’s arm in the crook of his own and with their free hands, the two began to simultaneously punch and grope at each other’s vital systems.

Starscream gasped as he sustained a devastating blow to his chest. Swoop released his arm and delivered a kick to the stunned Decepticon’s shoulder, sending him flying to the ground some distanced down. The Decepticon’s second in command left a large crater in the middle of the valley bed. The few remaining battles ceased as the combatants stopped to see what the commotion was.

Swoop took the opportunity and began a fast decent that turned into a nosedive down towards the remainder of the Seeker group.

Skywarp handed the boy over to the severely damaged Thundercracker, looked up at Swoop, turned back to Thundercracker, and flew off the opposite way from Swoop.
    Swoop landed gracefully a few meters from the dumbfounded Thundercracker. The Seeker looked down at the unconscious boy in his hands and sat him on a nearby rock and followed Skywarp accordingly in a panic.

Swoop looked on after the two in confusion then turned towards the human. The boy stirred somewhat as he approached, but didn’t awake.

Swoop looked down at Spike with a cautious certain curiosity. The human’s forehead was caked in red blood from a gash near his temple.

‘Humans so small.’ Swoop thought to himself as he reached down to pick the boy up. As his fingers were about to enclose the boy Swoop heard a strange, loud, and quite annoying sound. He removed his hand away and saw that the human had woken up. The sound was the human screaming. Spike’s eyes were wide with fear.

Spike stumbled to his feet and tried to run away, but tripped over himself and fell again. Swoop reached over and gingerly picked the frightened human child up.

“Human no scared of Swoop.” Swoop tried to reassure the human. “Swoop friend. Me Dinobot! Swoop Autobot!”

Swoop pointed to the red symbol engraved upon his chest.

“You’re an Autobot?” Spike asked breathless from screaming. “Why didn’t you say so?”

Swoop scowled.

“Swoop did say.”

Spike sighed and nodded.

“Ok. But where’s Mirage? What happened?” Spike asked as he looked around him.

“Swoop not know no one called Mirage.” The Dinobot explained. “Swoop just woke up. Me not familiar with all Autobots yet.”

Spike looked up into Swoop’s face.

“Swoop? That’s your name?” Spike asked with a wince, remembering the pain in his shoulder and head.

Swoop nodded.

“Yep. Me Swoop and you human Spike.” Swoop replied proudly.

“Just ‘Spike’ is fine, Swoop.” The very sore human added. “My friend Bumblebee and all the others call me that.”

“Ok. Swoop call you that too.” Swoop nodded with a smile. “Swoop and Spike friends now too.”

Spike was taken aback by Swoop’s forwardness and it was slightly embarrassing. By his grammar and speech alone Spike could tell there was some bugs in Swoop’s hard drive, but no matter.

“Ok, Swoop, we’re friends.” Spike agreed. “Now lets get out of here.”

Swoop crouched down and jumped up into the sky and took off towards the Autobot’s encampment beyond the ridge. As they passed the valley bed they saw the various Autobots and Decepticons had retreated to their respective sides of the valley and the Decepticons looked as though they were departing for good.

‘Good!’ Spike thought bitterly. ‘I hope I never see any of those shit heads ever again!’

Chapter 11
    As Swoop descended into the Autobot camp Spike froze when he saw the battle worn Autobots and the presence of three other menacing looking, not to mention huge, Autobots. The few Autobots Spike recognized looked like hell. They stood absent and starring into space or sitting on the ground optics distant and meditative. When the gathered Autobots did catch sight of Swoop a few stood and cheered, others simply got up and/or moved to give Swoop enough room to safely land. When they landed the ground safely, Swoop bent down and placed Spike on his feet.

“Spike!” Bumblebee jogged up to his human friend and bent down to one knee to look Spike in the face. ”Are you OK? You aren’t hurt are you?”

Spike laughed in simple and blissful relief.

“I’m alive.” Spike said patting himself down to make sure as if he just realized he really was alive; that he had really survived his ordeal.

“Ok, guys lets start heading back now.” Ironhide said as he lifted himself from his seated position next to a large boulder.

“That wound looks nasty.” Bumblebee pointed to Spike’s temple.

Spike felt his forehead and looked at his fingers, red with his own sticky blood.

“I didn’t notice that.” Spike admitted as he groped his wound. He felt his legs turn to Jello and he sank to the ground as the reality of everything hit him. “Shit…”

“Spike?” Bumblebee asked worried. “What’s wrong?”

“What’s wrong?” Spike asked laughed; annoyance and fear in his voice. “What isn’t wrong?

“Let’s start with how many times I’ve almost been killed in the last week! I’ve got 5 so far; what’ve you got? My life is falling apart by the seems, Bumblebee and I can’t do anything to stop it! My family doesn’t care about me, the police are after me for charges of running away, add gang relative charges to it and that’s probably up to 20 years in jail!” Spike hung his head in his hands and felt swell of tears in his eyes. “And you guys! Dammit…giant alien robots that turn into cars and shit? That’s stuff from science fiction movies; not real life! All this crap is just…waaaay beyond me…

“This isn’t what my Mom would’ve wanted! I’m…”

Spike stopped as the breaking in his voice was too much and he began to sob.

“..I’m a failure. A complete and utter failure…Dad was right. I had no business even being born.”

Bumblebee stood to his full height. Spike wasn’t making any sense at all. The human’s body shook and trembled and his eyes were…leaking. Bumblebee looked down at the boy and was about to say something when Sunstreaker jetted in his own opinion.

“Oh! Just shut up already!” Sunstreaker snapped. “You have the nerve to say all that slag after we all fought so hard to save your sorry life? Optimus can’t even walk on his own because of that bomb! He’s injured because of you! He was trying to save you! And what about Ratchet? He was willing to give himself to the Decepticons for your safety! The Decepticons, kid! You’ve got no idea how fucking lucking you are you aren’t in pieces lying on the ground!”

Spike starred at the enraged Sunstreaker, everything permeating his brain like a knife. But what he was saying didn’t make the boy feel any better; if anything it simply made him feel like an asshole.

‘Like father like son…’ Spike thought bitterly.

“I…I didn’t mean-”Spike muttered ashamedly.

“You didn’t mean to what? Hurt our EPU’s (*emotion process unit)?” Sunstreaker snapped back dryly as he walked up to Spike. “I’ve been fighting this war, loosing comrades and friends, longer than your planet has even existed! If I ever hear you say something as stupid as that ‘no right being born’ slag I’ll kill you myself!”

With that said, the yellow Autobot steamed off to sit by his brother and Hound.

“You were too tough on him, Sunstreaker.” Hound told him as he sat down.

“No I wasn’t.” He replied tartly. “I was just telling him the truth. Prime did the same thing to us when we acted like that.”

Hound chuckled.

“Yeah, but Spike’s no Autobot.” He replied. “And you make a rotten Optimus.”

Sunstreaker smiled at the green Autobot.

Spike sat there, motionless. Sunstreaker’s words marinated his mind as he starred distantly at his feet. He felt as though his whole mind, body, and soul had gone into shock. He had no urge to talk or move; he just wanted to sit there and soak. He starred at his tennis shoes that he had received as a birthday present from his Mom. The red fabric was torn and dirty from use. The inside of the shoe was ripped and Spike had replaced the padding several times. These shoes were nothing special, but for some reason Spike felt as though to keep his mother’s memory in alive, he needed something physical to hold onto.

As he continued to watch his shoes he began to speak.

“Y’know…”Spike said as he began to pour his soul and clear his conscious. “You sound just like my Mom. She’d be telling me the same thing right now. She knew how to survive; how to live. Even though she was…she still did everything she could to get by.

“I hate to admit it, but if my Dad never came along and snapped her out of it…she’d still be out there with other runaway girls with no money. She’d still be out there selling herself for enough money just to survive. And I wouldn’t exist. My Dad was married when he met my Mom. He even had a kid too. But for some reason he still met with her night after night. I always thought it was because he was having problems at home and just wanted to forget, like a lot of men do. They drink till they can’t walk, do drugs, and sleep with prostitutes. Mom was smart though, so when she figured out she was pregnant with me…she didn’t tell Dad till he figured it out himself. He was mad though. He didn’t want another kid. He had Buster, the model son; the captain of the baseball team, Mr. Straight A, West Point graduate, youngest military officer to be transferred to the pentagon, working with Special foreign relations. The whole shebang!

“Then there was me; the bastard son of a retired married Vietnam veteran and a 31 year old prostitute. No money, no future, nothing. My mom tried so hard to give me a future…I was so happy that day when I got out of school and headed home…I was going to pass 10th grade! I was going to finish high school and go onto college like Mom wanted…but she never found out…”

“She was murdered.” Bumblebee said flatly.

Startled, Spike looked up into Bumblebee’s face.

“Prowl did a search on you and found an old article about it.” Bumblebee explained careful to choose his words. “It must have been horrible…for you, I mean.”

Spike looked back at his shoes again, but never replied back.

“No more talk!” Grimlock suddenly boomed. “Autobots go now! Decepticons retreated and we do same. Autobots go back to Ark now!”

Bumblebee scowled at Grimlock as he and the other all transformed.

The VW opened his door for Spike and the human climbed in.

“Human no go!” Grimlock announced. “Human go back to other humans now!”

“What?” Bumblebee and Spike cried.

“Me Grimlock leader and you follow leader!” Grimlock growled.

“You aren’t my leader.” Spike smirked.

“No,” Grimlock agreed with a sneer.” But me smash you if you no do what me say!”

Spike closed his mouth.

“I’ll take him to the city then.” Bumblebee offered.

“No way, Bumblebee.” Ironhide replied. “You’re still on inactive duty, remember?”

Bumblebee groaned.

“I’ll take him.” Ironhide replied and opened his passenger door. “C’mon kid.”

Spike looked down at Bumblebee and with a guilt filled heart climbed out and walked over to Ironhide.

“Get in Spike.” Ironhide urged. “Bumblebee has to take his punishment like a good soldier, just like anyone else. We aren’t going to kill ‘im or nothing’.”

Spike nodded and got in.

“Bye, Bumblebee.” Spike replied. “And thanks.”

“You too Spike.” Bumblebee replied bitter-sweetly.

“Autobots!” Grimlock roared. “Back to Ark!”

The convoy of Autobots and Dinobots headed down the dirt road to the Ark, while Ironhide and his passenger Spike headed the other way, the way back to the City; and the way back home.

20. optimusprimus

:lol  WELL... It seems grimlock is as bossy as ever! :D  I can't wait for you to update again Hakudoushi!