Transformers the Movie (1986) opening crawl

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by evilmonkeys, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Nah, it wasn't an orb, it was some simple robot. It yelled "Time out time out time out!" when Hot Rod got a little annoyed by it attacking him when distracted.

2. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge

News Credits:
    The "British TF expert!" ha ha, love it

The crawl was added in the UK version to bridge the gap between Series one and the movie. Hardly any of series 2 had been screened here when the movie came out so characters like Astrotrain, the coneheads, Perceptor, Blaster etc were all strangers to us. The crawl was supposed better introduce them. It didn't really work

The voice over of "Primes return" at the end was added onto the VHS version due to fears over falling sales figures

I have made clips of all the different openings/ending for my website - If I ever pull my thumb out my ass and finish it!

Cheers

Paul

3. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    The opening crawl was pretty clearly directed at people who were entirely ignorant of the premise of the series. It didn't really bridge anything at all.

After all, if it was meant to "introduce" those characters, how come it didn't do the same with all the other characters who appeared out of nowhere (Pretty much all the Autobots in the Autobot City)?

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks for helping me by accident.
    i had always wondered where that one soundbite in that Breakdancing Transformers video by Lazer came from....
    i always thought that paragraph about the evil decepticon transformers led by the maniacal megatron.....
    was so cool.

i kinda hate the crawl now that i have seen it.
    as said before, giant planet someone called unicron just a moment before is being explained again just sounds bad.

what's wrong with the original narration about "it is the year 2005...." it tells enough to get ya started and ya already know the bad ass planet is going to be a plot point.