Transformers the Movie (1986) is 25 Years Old Now!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Aug 8, 2011.

1. conleyh2006

conleyh2006 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i was 4 and remember being in line at our theatre which only had two screens then and it was an awesome movie i think i will pull out the dvd and watch it again havent watch the movie in years been to busy

2. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

I bet you're like. I'm getting outta here, I gotta see the movie.
    You cried because the doctors wouldn't let you leave the hospital.

3. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Hrm, it is indeed time to give the old boy an anniversary watch!
    Here's to the movie I have, without question, seen the most times in my existence and will remain so till I spring from this mortal coil!! :D 

"Megatron must be stopped.. no matter the cost." duuuuh duh duh duh duh duh:rock 

4. Mgibson97

Mgibson97 Active Member

Was 8 years old when saw it in theatres and remembering thinking I was cool because I saw a movie that said "s#@t" and "damn" in it...nice too how the movie was a perfect bridge from seasons 1 & 2 to seasons 3 & 4

5. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    My parents took me and my sister to see it on opening day. I was 9, turning 10 the next day (she was 7). Saw it at the Cinco Cinema theater in Fort Walton Beach, Florida (which is a huge church now--or it was the last time I was near there). Always had fun in that theater. Tons of movies, a nice arcade up front to play old games in--Tron comes to mind), and comfy seating.

I remember being pissed when Optimus Prime and Ironhide died. I mean, I loved the other guys that were killed off also, but those two were my favorites from the G1 toon. I was glad to see Megatron survive and become Galvatron. He, Scourge, and Cyclonus quickly became the new faves (next to Ultra Magnus, Hot Rod, and Kup). I was shocked at how bad ass Galvatron was starting out (dusting Starscream--though I did miss him and was glad he did return for a couple of episodes later).

It was (and still is) one of those crazy, epic thrill-rides. Starts you off at the start of something big, shows a bit inside both camps, then finally shows the Decepticons attack and win. It was crazy, violent, and fun (minus the deaths of key characters, but it had to happen to bring in the those new toys! haha). Overall, I can't begin to count the number of times I've watched this movie. I saw it in the theater, rented the VHS when it came around (100's of times), bought the Rhino DVD of it back in 2000 (I believe), watched it 1000's of times before passing it along to my nephew and niece who love Transformers), picked up the Sony DVD set from 2006 (watched it 1000's of times again) and finally snagged a copy of the Blu-ray version of the movie, which I love most. It does crop just a bit of the film, but the crisp/clean video and colors just instantly make up for it. I'd LOVE to see an official Blu-ray US release, along with all of G1 on Blu-ray someday.

Still watch it on and off for kitbashing reference on characters and just to enjoy the great movie on its own.

6. voltesray

voltesray Substance

I was 8 Years old when I saw this opening day at the Brookhaven Multiplex in Medford NY. There were maybe 10 people in the theater. It was glorious!

7. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I was 12, and still cried in the theater when Prime died (whoops, spoiler)

Anyway, not sure if mentioned, but there's a group on facebook doing a thing tonight, depends what time zone you're in, but check it out, pretty cool :
    Transformers Season 5 DVD - Wall | Facebook

8. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I was never born when the Movie come out.

9. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Yes, and at least all my G1 Transfomers are as still as cherry as the day I unboxed/uncarded them.:wink: 

Happy Transformers: The Movie Day!

10. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This film was my babysitter at 2 years old. I watched it at 1am today in the theater room of my local gym. :) 

11. Longwaysouth

Longwaysouth Wait, what?

I remember my dad taking me to see it, I'm pretty sure it was the first film I ever saw in the cinema, I was 6 years old. Although according to Wikipedia it wasn't released in the UK until the 5th of December 2006... but that would explain why I got so many TF's for Christmas that year. :D  It's a bit late now but I shall re-watch it tomorrow and then have another anniversary re-watch later in the year. :popcorn 

12. LUGNUT1995

LUGNUT1995 TFWiki info gatherer

I saw this after the 07' film, and I though this was just as good, a real competition for me.

13. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Saw it when I was 8 with a couple of friends. I was really upset that Optimus died and all the Transformers that I liked had died. For me it really wasn't the same afterwards. To this day I don't like to watch the scene where Optimus go figure, and yes I am still mad at Hot Rod.

14. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    Great stories everyone, keep em coming!

I was 9 or 10 when the movie came out, and was big time into Transformers. I lived overseas at the time, so my exposure to TF was limited to the vacations we took when we would return to the US. My friend told me that year that a movie was coming out and that Optimus was probably going to die. I denied that vehemently, saying that there was no way Optimus would die.

It was a long time before I actually saw the movie. The movie came to our local theatre, and a family friend was supposed to take me to see it. Unfortunately that fell through, I didn't get my ride, and by the time my parents rushed me to the theatre, they had closed it off to new entrants. I was quite unhappy. I still remember the disappointment of that day.

Then later, we finally got a video copy. I remember watching it at home, approaching the first battle scene, and expecting Ironhide, Ratchet, Prowl and Brawn to wipe the floor with the Decepticons, just like they always did in the cartoons. Boy was I shocked when the four Autobots were massacred. It was quite a thrill ride. Interestingly, I really hated Rodimus for awhile, since he had taken the place of my hero. But then, as I grew up, Rodimus became a favorite. This is still one of the greatest films ever made in my humble estimation.

15. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Hot Rod's still a dick:mad 

16. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Didn't see it in the theaters (I don't remember it playing anywhere around me), but I still consider it the best of the TF movies.

No live action scene will ever match Optimus Prime's last stand.

17. emilyhall205

emilyhall205 Well-Known Member

Happy 25th birthday TF:TM! I only ever watched it recently but it did have an effect on me even now. Won't be watching it tonight but I know for a fact I'll be watching it Friday night! :) 

18. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Happy Anniversary TFTM!

19. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    I'd be excited if London wasn't going to hell all around me. Bloody riots have ruined this for me :( 

20. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I only saw this movie twice when I was younger (rented it on VHS; it premiered two years before I was born, lol) but it was one of my favorites. Here's to one of the defining moments in Transformers history!

*sips Mountain Dew*