Transformers The Manga 01

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by MECHADOOM, Apr 5, 2020.

1. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I haven't seen a review thread for this book despite searching. Mods please merge if necessary.
    20200405_185830.jpg
    I picked up Transformers the Manga 01released by Viz Media recently. I grew up with Transformers, being 6 years old in 84. To be able to see and understand the comics from a different part of the world that existed alongside what I got as a child is an absolute JOY. Sure, the chapters are a bit short, and stuff happens quick, but wow, am I enjoying the art. I want to photocopy and make screens to screen print stuff from almost EVERY PAGE. It is SO. PRETTY.
    Highly recommended!
    20200405_185919.jpg
    20200405_190042.jpg
    20200405_190057.jpg

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Joey Slick

Joey Slick Whirl is a Transformer.

I agree that the art is really nice. The book overall looks great.

The stories are really short and basic though, so I wouldn't recommend it on that basis.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JawClaw

JawClaw You gotta be squiddin' me!

I'm glad to see my boy Chromedome on the cover. Does this include the Headmasters manga, or is he just featured in some of the stories?

4. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    The cover is reused from a bigger Japanese release that collected all the JG1 comics in a single book. For the English translation it's been split into three volumes, with this first one going up to the strip that's like a prequel for the Headmasters cartoon. Volume 2 will be Headmasters and Masterforce, and Volume 3 will be Victory, Zone and Return of Convoy.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've been wanting this book but I've been wanting see and watch someone s opinion of the book. Thanks .my friend cause i think i might have to GET it now well whenever i need cash first lo!.

6. JawClaw

JawClaw You gotta be squiddin' me!

Thanks for the clarification.

7. Convoy Prime

Convoy Prime The True Autobot

I just got all three volumes in the mail yesterday. They are beautiful collections and I am looking forward to reading them. I hope these sold well so that maybe Viz will eventually make another couple of volumes covering Generation 2 and Beast Wars.
    1028201752.jpg