Transformers: The Last Knight TV Spot at Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by fallen_revenge, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

Well, yes, I think the entire film looked like shit, too.

2. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    I think what you dislike is the overall plot direction that the Transformers films are taking thanks to AOE. I understand that viewpoint. But I think it is extremely unfair and extreme to call TLK "shit" months in advance. While you may dislike the plot for TLK, the movie could still be good if you know what I mean. For example, my brother dislikes the direction that the current Star Wars trilogy is taking due to The Force Awakens, but he still acknowledges TFA as a good film, but just disagrees with its direction. TLK could very well be good, hell, better than TF1, so I ask that you keep this in mind before pre-judging a film months in advance all because of the plot so far.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Galvatross

Galvatross Dreklord of Ogremarr Veteran

AOE doesn't insult the intelligence of anyone, like it or not. Each of the previous films has things just as dumb if not more so than the dumbest thing in AOE. The Allspark shrinking down in breadth and weight? Completely stupid from a real world perspective. Robot heaven? Devastator's wrecking balls? A certain Blenderbot? Arguably very stupid. By the way, I am not bashing the previous films either, but I am saying that AOE is no more insulting to one's intelligence than the other films given that every Transformers film has something that is not real-world logical.

If you think any of the films are insulting to your intelligence, I think you are in the wrong brand. Every Transformers continuity in existence, regardless of the quality of its execution, has ridiculous, over-the-top stuff in it. In fact, the cheese and camp are part of the charm of the Transformers brand. As a Transformers film AOE fits perfectly within the spirit of the brand. It has goofy things like the Stupid Drones on Lockdown's ship. It has Hound blowing off a KSI Decepticon's head by spitting his bullet-cigar into its mouth. And not only that, but it has plenty of moments showing the Transformers to be thinking, feeling beings, whether it's the Autobots, Lockdown, or Galvatron. One thing that AOE does not get enough credit for is the voice acting and voice direction, which is absolutely excellent. Welker, Cullen, Ryan, Dimaggio, Watanabe, Goodman, Wilson, and Foxworth all give a lot of emotion and soul to their robot characters. Welker's Galvatron especially doesn't get enough credit. He may not appear on screen the most, but he gets plenty of dialogue when he is and shows lots of emotion.

I don't want the exact same film as AOE again. What I do want is a film that 1) runs with threads started in AOE and 2) continues with the positive steps AOE made.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I was also referring to the quality in the finished product. The CGI in AOE was worse compared to the CGI in DOTM, and I expect the same with the new sequel (though one can hope the opposite).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

Is it? I don't like any of the designs, I don't like the whole mythology angle, I don't like a single thing I've seen about TF5.

How is it not fair to call what looks like shit to me...shit?

lol you're telling me that I should expect something on par with J. J. Abrams after four straight films of Bayhem and paper thin plot?

I'm not wasting money on TF5.

No, it can't. TF1 has the angle of humans reacting to discovering the presence of the Transformers.

TF5 is litterally the complete opposite.

Nothing will convince me to give TF5 a chance. I made that mistake with AoE and that is three hours of my life and several bucks I want back.

AoE killed characters with actual development for no reason other than to make the humans more dangerous than the Decepticons.

That was the line AoE crossed that I will not accept. What the fuck is this franchise if Autobots are supposed to fight the good fight protecting the very people TRYING TO FUCKING MURDER THEM EVERY SINGLE FILM?!

Now that I've said my piece, I'm done with this thread. Nothing on the face of the Earth will make me accept that the films have ANY salvagable plot without purging the shit out of AoE completely and all that comes after it. TF5 is merely built on AoE and unless it all gets torn down, I will never accept this is good film direction. Transformers as a franchise deserves better, and that is my opinion.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Wow, It's like you didn't even watch the movie.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Galvatross

Galvatross Dreklord of Ogremarr Veteran

Who are these characters with actual development you are talking about that AOE killed off? Listen, I enjoy all of the films, but it's not like Ratchet and Leadfoot and company were these developed, multi-faceted characters before AOE. Forget one-note, borderline non-entities like Dino and Sideswipe. Also, it's not like DOTM didn't kill a lot of characters.

In fact, Ratchet is more of a character in his one scene alive in AOE than the previous three films. Hound actually goes from hating all humans to standing up for Tessa on Lockdown's ship and encouraging Cade in Hong Kong and at least being able to see the good in some humans. That's more than anything any of the robots AOE killed off received, so please.

And the humans were not alone. Cemetery Wind was successful because they were allied with a badass bounty hunter with a gun for a face and a whole lot of crew and resources on his ship, and KSI was only able to build their Transformers under the manipulation of Megatron. Lockdown, Galvatron, and the Quintessons are the bigger threats still.

I'd say the films are simultaneously so heavily inspired by G1 and a few bits from other part so brand here and there it's not even funny. They also (correctly) are aware that they need to appease general audiences and not hardcore TRansformers fans who participate on sites like this.

• Like Like x 2
  8. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    I am seriously thinking Autobot Burnout hasn't actually watched AoE. It seems like he saw the trailer and herd a few plot points out of context and decided he hated the movie based on that.

• Like Like x 8
  9. RazorX3000

News Credits:
    Um.. no.. that's not what I was saying at all..?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Soundwave902

Soundwave902 The Lone Survivor

Anyone else want a new G1 movie franchise alongside the Live-action franchise

• Like Like x 1
  11. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That actually would be the best solution possible if that could happen.... Would have stopped a lot of the conflict between old and new.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TwitchingFool0

TwitchingFool0 Well-Known Member

HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!

• Like Like x 2
  13. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Well, I guess this thread..this part of the forum actually, needed some kind of excitement lol. Speaking of AB's pure hatred for AOE and films pertaining to it.

But back on track...FALCONS AND SUPERBOWL SPOT ONLY 4 DAYS AWAY. WHO'S HYPED?

• Like Like x 1
  14. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Four days? Man, that's too long!

• Like Like x 1
  15. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    COUNT ME IN BUT ONLY FOR THE SPOT I DON'T CARE ABOUT ANY HUMAN TEAM LOL

• Like Like x 1
  16. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    That it is+

Fair enough! I don't even know what to expect. We could get footage of Grimlock, the supposed scene where Bee's and Barricade's teams collide into each other and fight, Onslaught...and all in 30 seconds to possiblyou even a minute!

17. Megatron276

Megatron276 destroyer

Boy look at these comments lol it\'s a war zone........while ppl here bitch and bitch knowing they will be in the theater when the movie comes out(not everyone but most). Why even click on a movie post if all your coming to do is bitch.....I hate what idw has become but I don\'t ruin no one else\'s fun.....get a life ppl.......TF5 I will be there

• Like Like x 2
  18. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I'm not expecting anything new from the Super Bowl ad than from what we have already seen.

19. RazorX3000

News Credits:
    Are you serious? Lmao

• Like Like x 2
  20. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guess I'll be watching the SB afterall