Transformers: The Last Knight TV Spot at Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by fallen_revenge, Jan 28, 2017.

1. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Why do you hate this film? You've seen it already right?

2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    You're assuming most people have seen the trailer.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

Because it means AoE, which shat on everything I liked in the first three films, is the direction of the largest portion of the franchise for the indeterminate future.

You ever have something you liked get completely ruined and as a result the abomination that is left is what you get more of shoveled down your throat? That's what TF5 is. AoE is such an awful film that I don't fucking care what bullshit TF5 has for a plot to explain everything, because it still means AoE happened and as long as that is true, the movies are an insult to what Transformers could and should be in my eyes.

EDIT: Just to give an example, just TRY to explain any plot of the live action TF films that doesn't involve 'the fate of the human species'

Now explain the plot of TFTM without involving 'the fate of the human species'.

Kind of a big difference underscoring just WHO these films are about.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    It may not be a big point in TFTM, but it is in most of G1.

5. Autobot Burnout

And how about the whole Transformers = Illuminati aliens? To the point humans are more important the th Transformers?

6. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Wut??

• Like Like x 1
  7. Autobot Burnout

Oh, so I just imagined that The transformers are the reason the Pyramids exist? THat the Transformers are what really drove the space race? That some DIFFERENT assholes from space fired a laser at Earth because of The Transformers? And then LITTERALLY EVERYTHING WE KNOW ABOUT TF5 putting it such that Transformers are responsible for TECHNO MAGIC and ALL OF HUMAN HISTORY?!

8. Galvatross

Galvatross Dreklord of Ogremarr Veteran

Good. I want the films to go in the directions AOE started. A more manipulative Megatron. The origins of the Transformers. Quintessons. Neutral Transformers. Autobots who are not so fond of humans. Optimus in space. Dinobots. Humans and Autobots not being on the best of terms.

Also, how in the world did the last movie shit all over the first three? You complain all day how these movies are the same, and then you complain all day how AOE ruins everything in the films. Which is it?

Finally, how is the very existence of AOE an insult to Transformers? If you don't like it that's fair enough, but I'd rather people not put forth baseless and hyperbolic "ruined FOREVER"-ish and "not really Transformers" arguments.

• Like Like x 3
  9. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    So what?

Everything we know about TF5 is minuscule. We don't even know a plot synopsis.

10. Autobot Burnout

Have you not been reading the interviews?

11. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Go ahead and show me a synopsis of the plot then.

12. Blot

Blot Terrorcon Foot Soldier

News Credits:
    I wonder if there is a relationship between what season of the cartoons and year of G1 toys is one's favorite and what one's view of the live actions movies is.

For better or worse, TFTM was a pretty complete departure from the source material that came before it. It was set in the future, they killed all the beloved characters on earth right at the beginning, and then had new guys go have a rock'n'roll space adventure. The idea of robots in disguise on earth trying to conquer it or defend it, as inconsistently as that theme was executed in the first two seasons, was pretty much abandoned for galaxy-spanning battles on alien worlds where the alt-modes were generic and incidental and the TFs relationships with earth and humanity was less emphasized.

I could definitely see why a TFTM and Season 3 fan would not like the movies as much as someone who was less into that kind of Transformers story. Personally, I like the TFs in disguise on earth with earth in the balance stories more, especially in a live-action context (seeing TFs interact with our world is what makes the live action so appealing to me).

13. Autobot Burnout

Dude, it involves Churchhill kicking Nazis out of his home.

Absolutely nothing about that involves Transformers. But it's in a Transformers movie, why?

Common sense dictates ITS BECAUSE HUMANS ARE SOMEHOW MORE IMPORTANT TO TRANSFORMERS THAN TRANSFORMERS.

I'm sorry dude but I'm not budging from this. It's easier to just disagree and drop it,

14. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Awesome, judge an entire move based on some out of context comments and a filming location.

15. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

As flawed as the movies are, the trailers are always fun, and there seem to be some interesting ideas incorporated in Transformers: The Last Knight. I'll give it a look once it's up on Youtube.

16. Autobot Burnout

No, I'm judging a movie based on the fact AoE insults my intelligence - I have an irrational hatred of it well beyond my ability to actually rationalize - and TF5 is it's sequel that EVERY single thing we have seen is more heaping piles of what makes me detest AoE.

TF5 = AoE 2. And that's what you people want, isn't it?

17. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Hell. Yes.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Autobot Burnout

And that is why I already know I will not like TF5. The mere idea of another shitshow like AoE disgusts me.

19. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    During our most recent interaction you were under the impression that Cemetery Wind attacked Optimus alone, despite clearly being stated that Lockdown was part of the ambush. I'm not sure if you refuse to understand AoE out of spite or just didn't pay attention to it, but the "insults to your intelligence" could be you choosing to be insulted because you just don't like the movie.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I sure don't. There were bits and pieces I really liked, but as a complete product there is a lot wrong with it. Things that the other three don't have.