Transformers: The Last Knight Official Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by The Kup, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Great post, although I don't think Anthony Hopkins' character will be anti-Transformer. I'm willing to guess Cogman is his butler.

By the way, the more I think about it the less I think the mo-cap actress was portraying a Quintesson and the more likely I think she was portraying Cogman. I could be wrong, but that's what I suspect now.

• Like Like x 2
  2. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Given what was said, I don't think a Bot will be killed by the military by accident. The military apparently told Bay they didn't want to be seen killing the good guys.
    I do think we see a Bot or two die. I think that tank looking orange Bot dies, and I have a feeling Hound dies too.

• Like Like x 3
  3. SunSwipe5

Also, Megs has that red paint on his face in the shot with Lennox in the desert.

I highly doubt the Quints got to him, and he isn't in berserker mode like Prime (or Lennox would be a smudge on that massive sword).
    So there has to be another source for that red paint, where Megs is concerned.
    If it is suppose to be some kind of virus that turns good bots into villains, maybe it has a sort of opposite affect on those who are already villains?

Or Megs remembers that he's a knight and protector of Cybertron?

Either way, I think Megs is the reluctant hero in this film.

Someone also pointed out there were 3 shadows behind Lennox in the desert. My guess is Drift, Crosshairs and Roddy. I'm wondering if that scene is playing out at the same time that Bee and Hound are trying to stop Prime from doing whatever it is he was going to do on that Cybertronian thing they're all standing on. The reason I think it's Bee and Hound is that they seemed to team up together in AOE. Kind of like Hound is an Ironhide to Bee's role as leader, like Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SimbaTron

SimbaTron Transformers & Gundam

News Credits:
    Yeh I was thinking about this yesterday that the Mo-cap actress is actually a head of a headmaster.

• Like Like x 1
  5. johndoe4880

johndoe4880 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    who is mo cap. as a actress.

6. SimbaTron

SimbaTron Transformers & Gundam

News Credits:
    I don't know,Who it was?

7. Galvatross

• Like Like x 1
  8. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

I'm really impressed by the trailer. This movie can't come out fast enough for me. I'm very curious about the red stuff on Optimus and Megatron's faces and the planet that looked like it was getting ready to eat the moon. I could have sworn I saw Earth in the lower right of the picture too. Optimus looks so unemotional while tearing into Bumblebee so I agree he's being controlled, or it's a clone.

That 3 headed dragon could have been an early Predacon. I remember in Transformers Prime Megatron talking about leaving Predacons on Earth to watch over it a long, long time ago so I wonder if the same concept is being used there.

What I'm not impressed with is the same old "Humans out after Autobots and destroying them". Bah :mad: 

• Like Like x 3
  9. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Well I think it depicts Humans quite well.

I don't beleive Lennox has nasty intentions towards Autobots though.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Galvatross

I think it will be a little different anyway.

DOTM had rogue humans working with the Decepticons against the Autobots, but it also had NEST.

AOE had humans allied with Lockdown against both factions.

I suspect this will be more of a three way battle between Autobots, Decepticons, and humans and human-controlled drones all fighting against the other two groups. At least initially. What the conflict becomes I don't know.

• Like Like x 1
  11. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

Sadly, I agree with you about it depicting humans quite well.

And I don't believe Lennox has nasty intentions either. I get the impression he's trying to temper the "hunting/destroying Autobots" aspect of it.

12. SunSwipe5

I have a feeling that Lennox, Cade and Laura Haddock's character may sway Santiago Cabrera's character's view on the Autobots. Instead of seeing them as an enemy, maybe he begins to see them as what they are, allies.

• Like Like x 2
  13. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Okay, this is not the right place for me to post this and I know it, but since I only discovered that Bee is now talking in Rescue Bots as well I watched the clip and can't help but notice that at the end of it there's something very interesting going on. Is this like a little reference to us the fans complaining to Hasbro about Bumblebee's voice for years and has anyone else noticed it as well?

4:15

• Like Like x 1
  14. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When Bumblebee in Transformers Prime spoke it was easily the most bad-ass scenes in the entire series, it had so much impact and his first words being so powerful and moving that it honestly made me almost cheer.

That clip from Rescue Bots, its a massive attack on the fans themselves and an insult to Bumblebee's character in both the live action movies and in the Rescue Bots series;

In Rescue Bots

Bumblebee had his voice destroyed after torture by Megatron. Now 'Blades' is going all whiney that he doesn't like his voice... Dude, Bumblebee was tortured and had his voice forceably removed from him.

This would be like someone getting abducted, tortured and having their arm cut off - then getting a new arm only for their friend to complain saying 'I don't like his new arm'

I get what they are trying to do, but the point here is that Blade's is a complete jerk here.

In the movies

Bumblebee was meant to have a character growth that mirrored Sam's and officially regained his voice. He can actually speak, but for some odd reason seems to choose not to.

- Bumblebee was always meant to have a voice and they stripped him of a voice because they wanted to give him a character arc in the 2007 movie where he regained his voice.
    - With Revenge Of The Fallen, due to the writers strike, they couldn't think of anything else to do with Bumblebee so his character arc was that he mirrored Sam, being in an awkward transitional phase where his voice was malfunctioning but on the mends.
    - With Dark Of The Moon, they wanted his words to be powerful so the only time we hear him speak is during the scene he is about to die after Que's death.

From the ending of the 2007 movie onwards he's had the ability to speak, he just chooses not to - which is a massive disgrace to the character considering the movie version was stripped of his voice and after regaining it decides not to talk.

Either way, to get back on topic... I hope Bumblebee regains his voice at the end of 'The Last Knight'. Him being with Cade for several years gives the option that Cade could have fixed it for him - and Bumblebee fighting Optimus gives an opportunity for him to be damaged and for Cade to try and repair him after. He should get his voice before the Bumblebee spin-off either way. I'd rather not have to have a prequel before he lost his voice - but instead a sequel with his voice.

15. daniel 97

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Agree with everything you mentioned, but I'm still not certain he CAN speak in the movies. I mean sure they gave us the crappy explanation that he simply chooses not to but I don't buy that. Even if you had a character who'd do something like that just to irritate others or because he enjoys doing it, it's still safe to assume that at some point when things get serious he will stop "playing up". Also I'm glad that more and more fans really enjoy his voice in the shows. I wish Will Friedle would come to voice him, Mark Ryan's voice sounds too deep, low for him.

I think that line from DOTM you're reffering to was still radio-talk.

16. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Is Rescue Bots in the same world as RiD/Prime?

I think it's seems more and more likely Bee will get a proper voice in TF5. He practically had one in AoE, and sqweeks is going to be the new not-R2D2 of the movies anyway.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  17. daniel 97

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Guys, imagine if the movie started with this speech...

18. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Your mother is a woman after my own heart. Us Ratchet lovers need to stick together.

19. daniel 97

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    "...were used to entertain them!" is a very intriguing part of a sentence used in the 1986 movie to explain the reason for the creation of some transformers. 'Them' reffers to the creators - the Quintessons. It is explained to Rodimus how and by who his species was built. It is revealed that the Quints designed some of the robots to be gladiators for their own personal enjoyment. They'd recycle robots who didn't obey their will and put them against each other "machine against machine". The last movie pretty much established that Optimus Prime is a knight, now it seems as if Megatron is a knight as well. Knights are warriors. It was rumored that the movie will explore Megatron and Optimus' origin. I guess that those two (especially) were built to fight each other for the pure amusement of their makers. They are basically their toys to play with. And you know what happens when someone recollects their long lost toy...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  20. daniel 97

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):

I love it! "Waiting for the perfect moment to strike!"

• Like Like x 1