Transformers: The Last Knight Official Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by The Kup, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Acceleration

Acceleration h

The 'bot everyone is speculating to be Hound that looked wounded in the trailer, on closer inspection, has treads. Warpath, maybe?

2. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    lol, 5 movies in and some people still don't realize this isn't G1 Transformers. I like G1, Bay-verse, Aligned and the great thing about it all, is that it is all different. I like seeing someone else's vision of what they think Transformers are. In time this will all be over and someone else will show us what they think Transformers are or should be, then someone else after that and so on.

3. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Dare to be different. :stick: 

4. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I don't know if the Knightship is directly connected to Unicron himself, but...

At 4:42, Lockdown says "Engage dark matter drives. Full power." And then you see purple coming out of the ship in the following shot.
    I'd bet money that this "dark matter" is what infects Optimus.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Ok, so the crux of this is that you want this movie to contain a G1 Hot Rod copy.

Look, i like Hot Rod too, but this is an all new Hot Rod, and so long as they hit the corners of what a character named Hot Rod should be, his accent is totally irrelevant. There are plenty of brash, hotheaded, up-for-a-rumble, frenchman out there.

Why do so many aliens have American accents? That's the mental thing.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Good theory, although it might just be that the colour purple crops up every now and then throughout the galaxy! :lol 

7. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am going to call it and say its Sea Spray. He looks to have some coloration or parts that resemble the deep dive machines in the trailer :D 

Speculation: He found out about what's deep in the sea and wants to report to Bumblebee but ....

8. Staredown

Staredown Banned

Not in bay verse they're more British and European than anything else to be fair. French accent doesn't give Hot Rod the air he has and not to mention Nelson still has it. Accepting a french accent to a character like Hot Rod makes me baffled how people can claim to be fans. I'm not American but Hot Rod deserves more than a french accent, that's weak.

9. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    :lol  Nah, man, I have faith that I'm onto something, here. I mean, why would they bother calling it "dark matter" and then show it to the audience? It's foreshadowing, I'm tellin' ya! Just like Lockdown's conversation with Optimus earlier in that video. :) 

10. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And I think the black tendrils we see coming off the Planetoid is also dark matter.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Animated Blitzwing had a German accent but that never stop him from being an awesome character in his own right. Besides just because Hot Rod in TLK has a French accent doesn't mean it'll be cartoonish if that's what you're worried about. Also accent or not his bio pretty much says he's very much the classic Hot Rod people know him to be personality wise.

12. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    I'm not French, but that seems offensive...

It's not relevant. Hot Rods character traits are achievable in any accent. I just care the VA is good.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Staredown

Staredown Banned

To be fair blitzwing was a minor g1 character and they modeled animated blitzwing after the Nazis. There's no precedence or logical reasoning as to have Hot Rod have a french accent. None.

14. Staredown

Staredown Banned

Nice try to bait. No thank you.

15. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 SKREEEEEEEOONK

Something tells me you're not a fan of Dino (Mirage) being Italian, either.

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Ironically in the original film, the French dub version has a female voice for Starscream because it's so high pitched normally.

No I didn't make that up.

Given the vitriol that happens all the time here I'm sure they draw straws for that job.

They never fixed the 'Brawl is Devestator' issue from the first film...

They needed material and I doubt ANY CGI scene from the film is complete, no point in finalizing something 100% then having to deconstruct it to fix a minor problem just to finalize it again, only to...etc. you get the idea.

They've done this for all the films really. Nothing new.

Given we know Hot Rod in this film is already black painted, any hope for a dead-on G1 incarnation is already gone.

Oh god that reminded me of a hilarious parody of X-COM where all the characters (with such classy names as 'Mike Hunt' because the internet is so mature) are introduced as having thick American accents - because IIRC that was all they had in X-COM: Enemy Unknown :lol 

The French aren't European anymore?

You mean the one Bumblebee has had since the first film?

So does Welker, didn't stop them from using Weaving as Megatron in the first film.

Because it's not the same character? Seriously, it's lucky he even gets a voice actor - same can not be said of Shockwave, for instance.

I don't think you get it - they're going for the hot Frenchman aesthetic if I'm reading the clues right. He's basically French RID Side Burn given this is a Bay film.

Either that or Burt Lancaster - dude was French in the film The Train.

1. The character's very name is German - Blitz is German for lightning.

2. Blitzwing being overtly German is actually a last minute character overhaul from the VA; Bumper Robinson, improvising the German accent. So they remodeled the character design to match the voice - including the helmet but only because it was a WWII German helmet often associated with the tank front in Africa. Plus Nazis are in TF5 so what exactly is the argument again?

3. Maybe it only sounds French to human ears.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Senior Robotic Citizen

News Credits:
    So that shot of Megatron walking toward the camera like a badass take place on Cyber/Uni/Creatertronica???? Hmmmmmm, the plot thickens.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jazzmustlive123

Jazzmustlive123 jazz died thinking he's the coolest

OHHHHH CRAP

19. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    xD True, though that's the thing. The best way to improve is to see where the complaints are stemming from, then analyse to see if they are legitimate or not. Sure a bunch here is opinion based, but aspect such as the comments on missing CGI edits show that

I must admit that comment did seem badly phrased, perhaps they meant that an accent shouldn't define someone/something?

True...

20. Staredown

Staredown Banned

Not if it were mirage but it was a new character so no beef. Hard luck.