Transformers The Last Knight Metals Diecast Vehicle At Paulmartstore

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by pie125, May 27, 2017.

1. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

Well that 'good guy' gets an awful lot of screen time compared to him...so...yeah. But they made Barricade look beast in both versions so I don't see why they wouldn't let them have the license. But if they keep having the 'Comaro guy' beat up the 'Mustang guy' constantly in every scene he's in then...yeah I guess I could see them being iffy, we'll have to see what The Last Knight does, if Barricade's entire screen time is BumbleBee owning him even I'll be a bit pissed. (Was pissed when he owned Soundwave I'm just not a BumbleBee fan ok XD)

I've never got the whole Mustang vs Camaro thing, probably because I liked both and was interested in both, even if the Mustang was a better fit for me personally, I've got nothing against Camaro, especially since Muscle cars seem to be a dying breed as both companies are making them smaller and sportier which is a shame.

2. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They look pretty good to be honest... except for Barricade. The color is too bright and the generic car is awful.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This really scares me on how he's gonna be treated in the movie, hopefully he can be given enough justice and more screentimes than any other cons in the past to convince ford to lend the liscence over in future sequels. Bee's not immortal Let alone indestructible and neither is any other popular autobots so They should stop treating him like he's some kind of cybertronian super hero and let someone beat him up.

4. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    My thoughts exactly. The back of the car looks so much like a Cadillac ATS. So weird.

That was my guess too, especially in light of that controversial topic within recent years. In that case, I guess I can't blame Ford for wanting to distance themselves from the issue altogether this time around.

Still disappointed that this means we won't get any Mustang-accurate TLK Barricade toys, unlike with the Saleen S281E. I'm still holding out hope that Saleen and Ford gave the OK for MPM-5 Barricade's original police interceptor design. I guess we'll find out soon enough when HasTak finally reveals his figure.

This too. Bee is just way too OP'd (and I don't mean Optimus Prime :lol ). Aside from liking the Mustang (seeing how I own/drive a 5th generation version myself), I always considered Barricade to be the underdog against Bee (gotta root for the underdog even if he is a cruel and sadistic bad guy who point-blank executed mah boy Que/Wheeljack).

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  5. Soundwave338

Soundwave338 Not Always a Tape Deck

THAT IS NOT A MUSTANG!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How is it that Simba Smoby can do this
    x_dito203111007.jpg
    But hasbro cant???
    :sly: 
    Yes i can see that the back end is different but hell if hasbro did this with the deluxe it would of been great

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    REALLY I HADN'T NOTICED!

I find it pretty hilarious that it's the exact same fake car as the deluxe. At least they're consistent.

8. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Those daft Con symbol wheels though. I'm tempted to pick up the Simba Barricade car, rip off those silly wheels, and replace them with similarly sized and more accurate wheels from another Mustang diecast toy.

At any rate, Barricade's Deluxe figure is fun if inaccurate. I think a we'll have to wait on a 3rd party like Dream Factory or TF4Ever to give us a screen accurate TLK Barricade with the correct alt mode.

9. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Were these preorders, or actual orders shipping out?

10. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Holy moly, these look... great.

11. Rookbartley

Rookbartley Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Nothing indicated preorder. The order status is "paid but unfulfilled" at this point but that's to be expected with the holiday weekend. Whenever I get confirmation on fulfillment or shipping, I'll let you know.

• Like Like x 1
  12. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Oh it could be! I'm sure they probably are Jada has been taking over the American diecast toy world. Thanks ;) 

13. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 "Boy, you returned for me" - me when MPMs

News Credits:
    I thought I had the answer to this when I looked up Simba Dickie toys, and found that they have done Ford toys before (there is at least a few Simba Dickie Ford tractors floating around the net), so they definitely have the license.
    HOWEVER, you bring up the point the back on the die-cast version looks different, and for the time being, I agree. Those rearlights are positioned just like the deluxe, on the back with a jagged kind of look

Really confused on the design of this one

14. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    These are a pass for me. I'd rather go for the MPM figures.

15. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still don't get why the deluxe and the Jada car dont have the spoiler. I'm fairly certain that's a custom part so not really anything to do with it being a Mustang. Why they didn't get Saleen to do the car like they did the original Barricade is a mystery, probably would've saved any of these problems.

• Like Like x 1
  16. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When are these due to be available in stores? 

17. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

will pick up bumblebee for sure. I was thinking the same for barricade before I saw the pictures of him. He looks horrible in that bright metallic blue, and I know pics surfaced of the hail megatron on him for some scene in the movie but they at least should have went with the punish and enslave motto for this car.

18. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

Amazon preorder says they will be release june 5, they should be available in store around the same time. Amazon has the listing for the paulmart store wanting $50 for them. I'd wait to see them in Walmart or elsewhere though. The 1/24 metal jada cars always go for $20 a piece there for every car they released which includes the batman, and fast and furious cars. I think $25-$30 is the usual tru price. I wouldn't pay $50 for these.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Paulmartstore

Paulmartstore Paulmartstore

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    Just wanted to chime in. I own paulmartstore and a reseller for Jada Toys. Just posted the pre-sell for the 3 diecast 1:24 cars from Jada releasing next Friday.  I am more than willing to answer any questions if possible.  I been selling toys for over 20 years and past 10 years made it more of a hobby and a business.  I have access to Jada diecast metals as a local distrbutor for them at toy show called Frank and Sons in City of Industry Cal.  I pretty much get product the same day of release.  One of the questions is when will retail get them, answer.. don\'t know.  Retail vs Hobby (resellers like paulmartstore) get product at different times.  As long as I follow release dates, I am ok.  I can answer any future questions but I cannot post many things publicly because of embargo dates and release dates.  Please post any ? and I can let you know.  Best prices are going to be on my website paulmartstore.com.  Some ? are price my prices, first off Amazon and Ebay will be higher because I have to add shipping fees with my price.  Also I have software that allows me to be competitive and will drop price and raise price according to my competitors pricing.  So please understand, the pricing change is all based on competitive pricing.  Thanks for the opporunity to join.  I hope to be a resource for anything Jada comes out with....

BIGGEST ?- Jada has asked Hasbro to do the original G1 transformers in METAL that can actually transform.  From what I heard, Hasbro said NO, mainly because Jada can make it at such a low price. Hasbro felt it would take away from their plastics line.  So for now NO go.. but I know they are going to try to do something with their diecast metal figures....

FYI- Optimus Prime Semi should be coming out soon..  Figures crossed.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I wonder what those would've looked like.

Probably not great, especially if they were cheap, but it would've been interesting.