Transformers The Last Knight Editors Crew With Michael Bay

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, May 21, 2017.

1. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    I'm looking forward to the Jesus movie, Jesus was a pretender or Jesus was some dude who befriended a Transformer and used transformer tech to create miracles! It could even tie into the ancient rome idea!

Transformers: Of Nazareth

• Like Like x 9
  2. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

This is so blasphemous.

...so why am I laughing so hard?

• Like Like x 6
  3. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Seeing the Bumblebee movie set in the 80s has me pretty excited, let alone seeing a Transformers film with a new director at the helm.

I hope to see an HD version of this image below. I'd love to see what's hidden in these concept images.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  4. Lord Ultron

Lord Ultron Well-Known Member

Wait what?
    Why everyone is so convinced that the possible "ancient rome movie" would have the same formula of the previous ones?
    The movie would be set in that period, there is a big difference.
    And then, why they would repeat the same formula, if The Last Knight is focused on explain why Earth and Cybertron are always connected? That movie will close this kind of formula, because everything will be explained.

Bay convinced Paramount to build the Writers Room because he realized that they could not repeat always the same formula.
    Why hire all those writers to make a TCU, if not to tell new kind of stories?

5. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

I have said this before and I get sick of repeating it, having similar elements isn't the same thing as having the exact same plot. The connections to human history are used differently. It's the driving idea of the whole franchise each movie showing how each race forged each other's history, it's the main narrative people say the movies don't have. It's annoying fans say they want continuity yet they ignore a central continuing element of the movie franchise then they say we need more continuing elements. So the constant influencing of our history, Megatron's ongoing narrative, the growing conflict between both races, the effects of Chicago, the Allspark's destruction, the matrix in Dark, these aren't continuity enough. Another issue is the idea that despite wanting a different story and character arcs no one here actually has any suggestions, beyond no more humans, that's not helpful.

I've heard people say why can't the story just be the decepticons trying to steal Earth's resources and the Autobots try to stop them, because that isn't a plot. They ask why can't the decepticons just try to conquer Earth, that's what DOTM was. They do different ideas human decepticons agents, full scale invasion, humans building their own TFS, the Autobots being hunted, the death and resurrection of optimus prime, Sentinel's betrayal, the dynasty and The Fallen, optimus going evil, the idea of the creators. Were any of those in TFS 1 no, were human decepticon agents, or Sentinel's betrayal or a full scale alien invasion in ROTF no. Were humans building their own transformers or the Autobots being hunted in DOTM no. Just because there's some tie to human history or an artifact of sorts doesn't mean the story is the same, they have completely different events, character arcs and emotional thematic purpose, aren't those what truly define a story, what actually gives it purpose not the bare basics?

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    All those photos could easily be promotional material just to play to the idea that Transformers have been on Earth for ages. Bumblebee is the only confirmed robot to have been on Earth prior to the first film. I suggest everyone so jumping to conclusions and wait for the film because it could easily be explained there.

7. Shizuka

News Credits:
    I'm calling it now, the Trojan Horse was actually a beastformer. I'm betting an Autobot who later takes on the form of a horse to help the Greeks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lord Ultron

Considering that they are setting Bumblebee in the 40s in TLK and, then, in the 80s his own movie, well, it seems a way to explore the story of the character during is search of the Cube.

9. Shizuka

News Credits:
    It does make sense because he's referring to his team of Autobots not Transformers as a race. And even so, how was Optimus to know if other Transformers were on Earth before him? I doubt he monitored every bot who went off world, he didn't even know that Sentinel was on the Moon. It's even obvious that for unknown reasons the Deceptions were on Earth years before the Autobots.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I spy Animated Ratbat on one page! Interesting that they acknowledged different incarnations of each character at all considering mainstream usually only identifies the G1 versions.

Gives me hope that Hasbro educated the writers team well enough on Animated! :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  11. APB

APB Well-Known Member

Here is your answer to that:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    To tell new kinds of stories is to take a risk.

The fact they're scared stiff of Bay not directing another TF film is proof enough that they don't want to take any risks.

• Like Like x 1
  13. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    You must've missed the point where it said a Cybertron based prequel is still in the works.

14. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Perhaps the most beautiful mastermind plan for a Transformers movie!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lord Ultron

And don't forget that it will be an animated movie.

16. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Not quite yet, as we dont know yet the context of the wars they have been involved with until we see the movie, like World War II, what if the nazis had an TF artifact or Transformers working for them, it would be like in TF2, they are fighting with Humans in order to protect earth of other Transformers or artifacts

17. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    I didn't.

A prequel does little for future exploits.

The original movie and season 3 got the TFs off Earth and introduced a larger universe for them to play in. Was hoping by movie 6 we'd finally be seeing something similar. Looks not to be the case.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Lord Ultron

They are already doing this. They started with Age of Extinction and now they have worked on this idea, building the Writers Room for that purpose. Do you realize how much we haven't still seen about this movie?

19. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    You can't quantify that - you don't know how much we haven't seen.

Frankly, I think they've done a Phantom Menace here and put the majority of the action bits in some form or another in the trailers, leaving all the boring shit 'hidden' for the film.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    If they had half a thought of getting away with it? Yes.

Tell me, at what point is money exchanged when people see movies?

The answer is before they even enter the screening room. The trailers exist purely to draw people in to see the film. At that point, what profit is to be made from the films per person for the showing has already been made.

I brought up Phantom Menace for a reason, because that was a Star Wars film that did exactly what you are accusing me of being 'naive' of ever happening.

• Like Like x 1