Transformers The Last Knight Editors Crew With Michael Bay

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, May 21, 2017.

1. fishpop

fishpop Squishy Bear

Ebay:
    "The Bumblebee Movie story is set in 1980s." Interesting.
    "The Bumblebee Movie will have less robots and the main focus is [obviously] Bumblebee." Yay(!)
    "The tone of The Bumblebee Movie is pitched for the younger audience it seems." ¬_¬
    "An Animated prequel is in the works. The story takes place in Cybertron regarding the origin myth of the Transformers millions of years ago. Ant-Man writers are working on the project." SWEEEEET!!!
    "Transformers movie set is ancient Rome is also in the works." Okay, that seems interesting, I'm not sure how it will work but i'm intrigued.

2. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No I almost wish they would have saved the roman time line for this movie and used time travel. Megatron in the gladiatorial pits would have been so great and such a great way to reference his time as a gladiator on Cybertron

• Like Like x 1
  3. bigfootRULES

bigfootRULES Well-Known Member

Maybe but however unlikely as a cameo.

4. Lord Ultron

Lord Ultron Well-Known Member

Time travel would be make things more confused.

5. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    What the hell would they turn into in Ancient Rome? Animals?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know well that they hadn't planned ahead.. why defend it?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He is referring to his group of Autobots as a whole. Not every single transformer in existance is aware of what has been going on.Its not that hard.

Idk why people are saying that this film contradicts the first 3. It falls into place quite easily, and the things that arent that clear are going to be answered.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    haven't gone through the thread yet, but a "French Connection" style Transformers movie for adults might be the best damn movie pitch I've ever heard. Boo to you, Hasbro.

9. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because that is the fascination of what the franchise can offer.

It's not like Spider Man was meant to be in Civil War since they announced it.

10. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    So what I learned is a couple things.

The plot of the next movie is set in Ancient Rome, which means we are getting the exact same plot six fucking movies in a row.

They are actually hiring new writers which is a great thing.

And the Bee movie taking place in the 80's means another figure of the 74' Camaro Bee. Yus.

11. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    That's not what the article says.

12. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    ...Ancient Rome...

*massive sigh*
    *massive eyeroll*
    :rolleyes2 :redface2: 

I foresee a 1000% facepalm-worthy chariot/half-beast-former and a guy that straight up turns into a column.:crazy: 

That or some totally pointless Saint Seiya/Transformers mashup or sth.
    Not that it wouldn't look cool mind you, but with all the vehicle-based stuff left to do, really??? :redface2: 

• Like Like x 2
  13. tonyformer

News Credits:
    77 Camaro.

14. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

...I hadn't thought of it that way. Hell yeah, I'm already looking forward to the movie.

Though I kinda wish he'd been a '60s Camaro in the '07 movie, (and therefore this one) since I like it better than the '77 one. But hey, I still like its looks more than any modern Camaro.

Okay, now I love these movies and I'll defend their pros, but I will absolutely not deny that all of the movies have followed the same formula of 'revealing that a major historic/prehistoric event was caused by TF activity.'

'07: Hoover dam built to conceal the Allspark and modern technology reverse-engineered from Megatron

ROTF: Pyramids of Giza and Ruins of Petra built to conceal Solar Harvester and the Tomb of the Primes

DOTM: Space Race instigated due to the derelict Ark's presence on the Moon and Chernobyl Nuclear Disaster potentially caused by Russians attempting to use a fuel "rod"* from the Ark (It's not clear if the Cons planted it there and immediately pretended to try and steal it or if it was always there)

AoE: Cretaceous-Paleogene Extinction Event caused by Quintessons mining the dinosaurs for Cybertronian metals

TLK: Arthurian Legend originating from Cybertronians on Earth collaborating with and providing "magical relics" to the Knights of the Round Table, Nazi Germany taking over part of England and TFs stopping them, and a bunch of other shit if the microfiche video is to be believed

...And now we're gonna get a movie where TFs are involved with Roman (and possibly Greek) Mythology. It's really just predictable at this point. I wish we could just get a movie where there's no involvement with any ancient anything and the TFs are just facing the consequences of the previous movies - or even better - plots focusing purely on the Cybertronian element. We almost got this with AoE since the whole Creators causing the K-Pg extinction wasn't important for very long, but it's still the cause of all the events of the movie.

This usually isn't something that bothers me, but it's still a serious problem when you're using the same formula for six movies.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    That's probably why the articles says that they are discussing it. Not that an ancient Rome movie is going to happen.

16. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, if you boil it down to one sentence and equate events and objects to be the same thing. You can do that with every series.

17. tonyformer

News Credits:
    If they did a roman film, it would be just like this film. Modern day but flashbacks to events that happened in that time period.

18. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    "A Transformers film set in Ancient Rome" IMG_2370.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some interesting, no, dumb logic being applied in this thread. Holy shit.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Does it? Huh. The article on the front page says it's "in the works," which is very different from being discussed.

Well then.

I mean, these story ideas probably are boiled down to one sentence during the brainstorming phase, the writers have gotta start somewhere. I'm almost certain that the very first approved idea for DOTM was pitched like this: "How about this time we make it about a Space Race conspiracy?"

Also, the whole objects/events thing, with or without the Hoover Dam thing, advancement of tech since the invention of the transistor is definitely in the Top 10 events in human history. And although it's never said, Egyptian aesthetics and style are "based off of" the Seven Primes. (Namely, their face frills) Besides that, the Ancient Pyramids are still damn influential since their precise alignment with the stars and beyond-its-time architecture and technology still baffle scientists to this day and hint at ancient Egyptians being much more scientifically intelligent than most would anticipate. Chalking all of that up to aliens and taking away the notion of Egyptians being scientifically advanced is definitely in conspiracy territory.

Now if you're fine with the backbone of the plot for most of the TF movies being about alternative history, then more power to you, but even the other movie fans are growing tired of it. I love the movies to death - I really do - but I'm not gonna ignore their flaws and White Knight over them. Again, I'm glad that you don't have an issue with the plots of the movies, but we can just disagree with each other and leave it at that. I'm not here to start any arguments, I've seen enough of that on Youtube comments.

• Like Like x 1