Transformers: The Last Knight Armor Up Changers Info Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

You're literally just insulting helicopters now, Burnout. There's nothing wrong with a made-up model of a helicopter in a science-fiction film. Regardless of how right or wrong you are, you're not even being passive-aggressive anymore. Several people have told you to take it easy on the literal shitposting, I think that means something.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    You're telling me that this
    [​IMG]

Looks more like this

[​IMG]

And not this?
    [​IMG]

Or even this?
    [​IMG]

Or the dude who Drift pretty much is anyway?
    [​IMG]

The problem is not that the model in the film looks thoughtless as can be, the problem is that so little shit was given that a CGI model with absolutely no requirement to be based on reality that could have been made to look more like the bloody toy that was made...and instead it looks remarkably nothing like a Mi-24. Or that any of the other existing helicopter toys both delxue and Voyaher who all look more like the helicopter in the film were not used.

Furthermore, we don't know if Drift even still can turn into a helicopter after switching to the Merc-AMG.

• Like Like x 3
  3. zachprime86

zachprime86 AKA Launch Pad Destroyer

They might as well just rename Deluxe's to 10 step changers and Voyager's to 20 step changers. Since that is what Hasbro is going for anyway.

4. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    "Pay for how well you want your toy to be engineered!"

5. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The listing of 6 deluxe and 4 voyagers is interesting. Since this is a listing for just Portugal they may just be sending there newest figures and cutting out the repaints. This could be an indication as to how many new figures(molds) we may see in the US line.

6. zachprime86

Well, with these new movie designs its impossible to have a screen accurate figure transform into something. For example, Optimus Primes new robot mode from AOE was very tricky for the designers at Hasbor. So, it had to be inaccurate in order for it to transform into a truck.

7. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

That isn't even the point at all. Have you noticed that you're upset over the design of a science-fiction helicopter?

But sure, I'll take part in an internet argument for once.

The image of Drift's helicopter mode you chose isn't even fully transformed. If you found a proper image (the rightmost one below)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...you'd see that its rear half is clearly meant to be a modified Sikorsky S-97 Raider, not a Mil Mi-24. That redeco of Skyhammer was just a way to get a helicopter toy of Drift into the mainline at all. His concept art -

[​IMG]

- even had his front portion be a modified S-97, so clearly the front half of the model was put together in a rush. Maybe that's lazy production, but you have to recognize that the Helicopter mode appeared for less than 25 seconds.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. zachprime86

Then I hope that we at least get Cogman and the Mclaren.

9. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not that it'll make them any different or any cheaper, they're still what they are. I do find it funny that there's a size Class called 'deluxe' when they've been becoming less and less of a deluxe item across all lines ever since 2010.

I'm guessing this means stuff that people have found but can't be publicly shared… yet?

10. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My current guess of new molds for the deluxe class would be squeaks, drift, and hotrod. We already know about barricade and bezerker so that would leave only one left. Hard to think they still would not add bumblebee to the mix. So that might be it.

11. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Holy shit, now I'm really pissed.

Because that actually is a flipping amazing helicopter. I would love to own that thing as a toy. The fact all they did was a lazy Skyhammer retool means we were robbed I tell you.

Just because a toy is innaccurate doesn't mean it can't be good. Take 2007 Voyager Prime, he has the entire nose of the truck sitting on his back with the front wheels and his lower shins have the wrong kibble. However, the core of the toy hides the 'Peter Cullen Cowboy Driver Holomater Avatar' gimmick for alt. mode where the driver figure disapears into the back of the cab when the door is open, the smokestacks BOTH transform into long barrel rifles with missile launcher triggers - something even the Leader Optimus figures never got - and despite needing the nose of the truck obviously sitting on his back he's relatively free of any kibble hanging around that has nowhere to go and isn't part of the robot design.

I mention this toy because, like AoE Prime's design requires first and foremost, is that the robot chest is entirely sculpted and not made from panels, etc. and it also is the 'Classics Starscream' of the 2007-Rotf lines because it got repainted. A lot.

[​IMG]

Given similar long hood alt. modes, it should be simple enough to adapt the transformation of the 2007 voyager to the TF5 design, given the long hood and in terms of limb thickness the old toy isn't that different from Evasion Prime.

And yet TF5 Voyager Prime goes out of its way to be inaccurate to a greater degree than the 2007 Voyager while still having a backpack full of kibble.
    [​IMG]

Plus, from the looks of things, the TF5 Voyager lacks weapon integration for the alt. mode, whereas the old 2007 Voyager had that by default. to say nothing of the even vastly superior 2009 ROTF Optimus which had the swords and the guns and the Matrix.

So they aren't just being limited to needing screen accuracy in why these toys are not hitting the same level of quality as in the past.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    People were just getting used the designation that legends class was now commander size or small scout and legion class was the old legends size. Now legions size is the new legends size.

Oh i give up haha

13. Doctor Prime

Doctor Prime Dark Rider Prime

News Credits:
    i cant wait for these toy to be released

14. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It seems so, even though legion for RID is still Cyberverse legion size (or pre-cyberverse Legends size - just to confuse things!).
    I know, my brain hurts o_O  lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty sure it just means the store listings and codenames we've been seeing the past few weeks

16. Ladiesman118

Ladiesman118 Well-Known Member

Deluxe Class: Each figure is 12.5cm tall. Convert from Vehicle to Robot and back in 10 Steps.Voyager Class: Convert from Vehicle to Robot and back in 18 Steps???? I know these are aimed at kids but Am I the only one who\'s concerned about the quality/engineering on these figures and the possibility that they\'re gonna  end up shelfwarming like their AOE predecessor? This better be worth the $20-30 price I\'m paying.

17. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is the first comparison photo since the TLK toys started leaking where the TLK toy just looks hands down flat out better. Partially, because that movie one voyager has always had a crappy paint job, and paint is the biggest loss on the TLK toys, but also, can you explain how the new one is less accurate to the new design than the original one was to the original design? I'm just not seeing it, so I don't want to argue till I've heard your part.

As for backpacks, well, the TLK one has 3 panels that are flat flush against its back and the original, well... r_defender-optimus-prime-061.jpg

18. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    I was using the Movie 1 Voyager to point out how even the first rendition of that design when they had no experience handling the movie look managed kibble better on an inaccurate design than the modern movie toys. Unless TF5 Prime has giant truck nose portions facing skyward for heels that I missed.

In terms of actually looking better, that is unquestionably the Battle Blades Voyager. No contest.
    [​IMG]

19. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    I do agree that the figures could be better but I have to ask: How is TF5 Voyager Prime inaccurate? If anything, it's a lot more accurate than the AOE Leader Prime. And I will say: I think we can all agree that we will probably never, ever get good quality Transformers figures like we did back 2007-2011.

20. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    TF5 Prime has giant chunks of the truck nose for heels?