Transformers: The Last Knight Armor Up Changers Info Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 2, 2017.

1. zachprime86

zachprime86 AKA Launch Pad Destroyer

Well, this is for Portugal only.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SimbaTron

SimbaTron I'm a black guy who loves Transformers

News Credits:
    It's too little to actually be all of the Main line toys,there must be more.

3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Oh, ok.
    Thanks for giving me hope again ;) 

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I really wish they'd give up on this crap about a specific number of steps within the transformation. It's ridiculously limiting. And there's still no word on Leaders. But at least everything's still getting smaller. God, I hate Hasbro right now.

5. Rambar

Rambar Stunticon

My predictions for deluxe and voyager
    Deluxe
    Bumblebee
    Drift
    Crosshairs
    Barricade
    Berserker
    Slash

Voyager
    Optimus
    Megatron
    Hound
    Onslaught

That means no figures for the vw camper, motorbikes, junk truck, hot rod and a few others. I really hope that this is just the specs for wave 1 or specifically for Portugal because of this is the final say then hasbro are doing themselves no favours of keeping sales up, or collectors interested, for their toys.

• Like Like x 2
  6. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So Legion class is as big as the Legends of Generations or the Commander class for Dotm... interesting

7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Laugh with me!

News Credits:
    ...Have you played with a Titans Deluxe or RiD Warrior figure?

• Like Like x 2
  8. soundwaverulls

Er, one, I think. I haven't really been all that enthusiastic about buying many of them. I bought Chromedome (and Rewind, but he's Legends Class) for my MTMTE collection. He's OK, but I hate the blocky silhouette his backpack gives him. It really distracts from the more interesting shape of his torso. But regardless of how a Titans Returns figure looks, the movie toys really need more steps for their more complex designs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mattyou78

mattyou78 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think the leader classes are going to be exclusives. Shadow Spark Optimus is Asia exclusive. Nevermore said the details he has puts the leader Class figures as part of the Premier Edition series, so I'm guessing they may all be exclusive repaints.

We know there are more than 4 voyagers and deluxe figures from the placeholder names, so I'm guessing these counts are just for the first couple of waves.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    If that's the whole line and all Hasbro can make off this venture, that's pretty tiny and a good sign that this is already on it's way out before the movie itself even has the chance to land with a thud.

11. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    For me it's obviously for the wave 1-2.

• Like Like x 2
  12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Laugh with me!

News Credits:
    But that's not a problem with the *toy* it's a problem with the movie.

I've said that repeatedly. The issue with the movie designs is they're constantly revising the CGI models so they look less and less like robots with car parts and more and more like masses of metal with no discernible car bits. Meaning a toy designer has no way to turn them into an accurate representation without either putting a shell around a robot toy or an expensive (and frustrating) mass of panels.

• Like Like x 8
  13. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    ^ Pretty much.

14. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great, they change class names again.

15. soundwaverulls

That's very true, but it's a two-way problem. The designs are getting more complex, while the toys are becoming more simple. I mean, the RID toys can only just pull off those designs, the Generations toys have mostly given up on trying to do the more complex IDW designs. Even if the films went back to the 07 design style, the toys still wouldn't do them justice.

• Like Like x 1
  16. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    Lordy , size changes all ready :( 

• Like Like x 1
  17. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Laugh with me!

News Credits:
    They're not doing the IDW designs because people got pissed they weren't G1 enough so they went back to updating G1 figures.

Hell, I remember when Beast Wars were Basic/Deluxe/Mega/Ultra.

Probably doesn't hurt to rename the size classes, especially if they're shuffling size around.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Lean Mean Angry Machine

News Credits:
    I still don't understand what idiot decided Drift had to be a helicopter AND a car. They even half-assed a non-movie character voyager for the helicopter version which STILL didn't look anything like the flying turd in the film.

The movies going into this radical shift on trying to base the autobots on human caricatures of combatants from human history is utterly moronic. I'm convinced that the shitstorm of nobody wanting to stick to what works behind the scenes, as seen in how disasterously Aligned imploded and RID was made despite every previous insistence there would be no more liniear continuites with the TV shows, is going to result in an even bigger, more spectacular disaster with where the films are going. They've completely forgotten that the alt. modes should be an extension of the character taking on that form and not whatever expensive garbage Michael Bay wants to play with next. I mean, Prime is a goddamn truck, the essence of brute strength and durability He needs the hard geometric edges on his profile, even Animated didn't fuck with that. And on top of that, if they're going to give him a sword, then he should look more like Laser Rod Prime, not some concept streamlined showroom piece that would lose in a head on collision with Prime's previous Peterbuilt 359 form.

So maybe in that sense, this horrid design direction is actually quite representative of what the movie characters truly are - hollow, half-ased caricatures with little thought put into them as being strong, multi-faceted characters and instead one-note props that look cool on the surface because they have no depth.

Actually, having just fiddled with some old 07 movie toys, that's not entirely correct. They're deceptively over detailed, under the automorph stuff they're fairly blocky and easy to understand.

The problem is this idiotic need for the Transformers to be more organic and round looking for absolutely no reason. There is nowhere on the newer models for flat panels large enough to even support inner hinges and joints to fold or otherwise serve as robot parts, let alone stylistic kibble. And even then it's no excuse because they still managed to pull off a decent AoE Prime with the Evasion toy, but they didn't actually fuck around with the chest by that point and so it's actually a stronger figure as a result.

And then there's the cream of the crop, what SHOULD be a standard for innovative engineering while keeping things simple. I'll use RtS Lugnut since he's bordeline movie anyway. He's based on the hulking brute from Animated, still Voyager, but despite having to adhere to more realistic shapes and no more bomb hands, not only did they pull off a better toy than the Animated version, with multi-joint arms and FINGERS and even a working mouth, but those wings in addition to going from thin airfoils to folding in on themselves for surprisingly thick arms, conceal Lugnut's trademark punch gimmick in a way that they can be activated in plane mode as missile launchers.

And aside from his upgraded arms, his transformation is almost exactly the same as the Animated toy. But this is because the plane ACTUALLY FORMS HIS BODY.

There is an inconcievable disconnect with the movie designs to try and make the robots look like the LAST thing they could turn into is their alt. modes. As if the designs for the robots are made without knowing the alt. mode and they just shoehorn it in - this is how Alternator Reshell customs work and since AoE made physics irrelevant to actual transformation, there's nothing to force characters to actually rely on design traits from their alt. modes as proven with how Drift swapped alt. modes that look nothing alike and his robot mode is unchanged.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
  19. soundwaverulls

Chromedome tries a more IDW look and it doesn't work well. Scourge couldn't even get his damn 80s back kibble right. How do you mess that up? Regardless of what their reasons for giving up on mostly IDW designs were, I'm not convinced they could do them if they tried.

20. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    THANK GOD !

• Like Like x 5