Transformers: The Game Reviewed. Prognosis? Not Good...

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cy-Kill, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Ok well you got me there, because I don't like mainstream media reviews for movies or music either.

But a lot of mainstream (large corporation-conglomorate) media is full of morons anyways, or such reviews are produced under a corporate umbrella, where they are just pushing their own product and giving bad reviews to other companies.

So it's not that I need 'official' reviews, but rather that the person giving their opinion on something have an established, comprehensive set of conditions of what they are considering in forming their opinion. The better this is set up, the more inclined I am to find the opinion insightful. I find that IGN and Gamespot, once you get to know their little quirks, are both fairly good at what they consider in forming their opinions.

So of course it's not strictly non-negotiable (neither is our understanding that we exist), but the factors considered in making the reviews are pretty solid anyways.

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, I can agree with all that. I do think a 6 is a bit ambiguous, and that fans of the source material will get a bit of enjoyment from it. I would give my own numerical score but as it is I only played for a few hours now.

3. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Screw reviews. I´m getting the game eitheir way.

4. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    While the reviews are dissapointing to me...I will still probablly pick up the PS2 version(I own PS3). I can't see plunking down the $60 for a repetative movie game. I also must say that you can't put too much weight on the opinion of reviewers. Ever single one of them foams at the mouth for RPG's (put me to sleep) and GTA (most repetative, pointless, mind numbing games ever produced) both of which I hate with a passion.

5. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll try and play it anyways.

6. TreKain

TreKain All Will Be Well TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well...ive just sat with the 360 version for an hour. And granted, this genre of games is not my fave, im not really good at it. (I picked up pokemon battle revolution at the same time, so that should say it all) Between the camera problems, and the control scheme, it all just leaves me so confused when playing. I cant even get past the first decepticon mission or the 2nd autobot mission. The car steering is horrible, you cant steer without swerving all over the road. Im really regretting this one.

Back to Pokemon....thats more my speed.

7. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    i played for about an hour so far, only annoying thing so far is the driving control is a little wonky and its annoying having timed missions..

8. Energon_Skywarp

Energon_Skywarp Well-Known Member

OK got some more time on the game. Made it to the Hoover Dam stage. Good fun. The mini games alone make it worth it. Trust me on that.

9. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    QFMFT!!!!! Reviews tend not to like any game that doesnt take more than 60 hours to complete or games that arent GTA,which I cannot for the life of me figure out why they are held so high in the pantheon of gaming. I want to pick up Transformers but I am torn between also getting Rainbow Six Vegas. Its hard. Run around as Blackout?? Or Shoot terrorists in Sin City??

10. Swiftblade

Swiftblade Member

Well I went out and bought the ps2 version today. ok well so far it's not a bad game. it is a little too story line driven.

And the Worst Collision Detection I have EVER seen in my life.

I keep wondering why Bumble Bee can't step over a highway devider insted of runing into it and getting stuck.

And why a car gets stuck on a peice of fence laying on the ground.

I also find my self changeing into Robot mode just to get back on track from getting stuck in car mode.

With all this it is a fun game i would give it a 6 out of 10 I think you could really only love it if you really love Transformers ^^.

11. thelost1

thelost1 Seeker of Truth...

in my years of playing games ive figured afew things out. (pong to present)

what is good is a matter of individual perspective and i have to play a game to know if its good.
    game systems today have flashy grafix and controls that are fast and complex. some games are easy to understand and control right away, while others have a learning curve. every time something gets really difficult and we are forced to do it over and over, we map the controls in our brain, we get better.
    given the chance thought becomes unnecessary to control a game. then things start to flow. for me that is part of what makes gaming fun.

is this trasformers movie game perfect... No
    would it have been better if they had a normal 2-4 year cycle to create it... Yes
    is it hard to drive... the first few mins but i got used to it and now i jamm around like any other driving game
    is the camera bad... took some time but i can use it fine now
    is this game fun and worth playing... IMO Yes
    are you glad you bought the game... oh Ya for so many reasons
    im playing 360ce

i really hope this is the first in a new line of games that will get better and better with time.

12. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This game may be the hardest game I have ever played. It took me 5 time to finnish the first level. And now I'm at barricade and I have tryed beating him 27 times yes 27 times and I still can't beat him, not once. I;m stuck at the part where youre at the power plant, hes like raping you with the stupid little waves of white pixels that take away half your life. And then he comes up and hits you non stop with his f'ing arms of f'ing dath and missery. This game is fucking hard as hell. And I got mad and the controler hit me in the face really hard. I so hope this game gets better.

13. ease

ease HIPHOPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the PS2 info. Thats the version i will be getting or renting.

14. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh and I forgot to mention the barricade throws you haalf way across the fucking map when he even touches you, A completly outragiously hard game.

15. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I was going to leave it alone, but I just HAVE to know how that happened.

16. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Man that sounds like Driver when the police would ram me.

17. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    You're supposed to throw something at him first. I got him on the third try, after I figured out a few things:

1. Don't get close to him while his arms are "spinning". Instead throw something at him, then rush in while he's stunned and use a melee attack.

2. During the driving parts, don't follow him, just drive to the green dot on the map.

3. At the power plant, same thing. Toss something at him while his arms are spinning, then rush in with a few melee's, then back off. Those large white explosions are from the tanks being damaged, not Barricade, so try not to damage them. I let Barricade destroy them himself, then moved in once they were all gone.

18. Energon_Skywarp

Energon_Skywarp Well-Known Member

+1. I was just about to post the same advice. That's how i got past Barricade.

19. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    gah that second level with Decepticon took me forever...the timed scorponok level, i got it with about 5 seconds left, how the hell anyone can do it faster I dont have a clue...