Transformers that holds the most sentimental value to you?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by exomega255, Oct 25, 2011.

1. King0722

King0722 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    G1 Twin Twist.

When I was very young, my mother had a terrible boyfriend who hated me because I was quicker to understand things than his son was. It wasn't so much that his son was an idiot (I love the guy and we're still friends), but I read a lot from the time I could start to read so I just...picked things up a little bit faster than him. Anyway, he didn't live with us, so I wound up having to spend a lot of time with the boyfriend who was this absolutely...awful person. Just, like, down into his core. When Christmas rolled around, his son and I were given the Jumpstarters as gifts. He got Top Spin because Top Spin was a jet. I was given Twin Twist because the boyfriend couldn't figure out what he was and didn't want me to have the jet. It sounds petty because it is petty...but that's how that man thought.

But I played with him religiously, and since we could never afford to have a full blown Autobot army, Twin Twist became the second in command to a team with other random G1 Autobots.

Anyway, not to make this some ridiculously long winded sob story, G1 Twin Twist is torn up now. His stickers are almost completely gone, his gimmick barely works, and there are no accessories left for him...but he is also one of the select few of my collection that sits in my display case alongside Takara Masterpiece Grimlock, Dai Atlas, Alternators Rodimus, THS-02 Optimus Prime, FP Ultra Magnus, as well as other precious items that are treated with the utmost care and respect.

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    of what i have remaining? g1 highjump, found him buried in the sand at the beach

of what i no longer have/what i replaced g1 devastator and mindwipe, my brother gave them to me for christmas one year

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably the concept Camaro Bumblebee toy from the first movie. It's practically the toy that got me into collecting TFs after watching a video review of it. And it took me months to find him, only to eventually get him at a store that had nothing to do with toys. I think I've also transformed him the most out of all my toys that are scout class and higher, and I even took him with me to places to fiddle with when I was bored.

Unfortunately his gun that turns into a blade seems to have disappeared from existence in that time frame I took a break from TFs.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    There are only about half of the TFs in my collection that I don't have a sentimental story to tell.

G1 Thundercracker was my first, and will always be endearing to me for that alone.

G1 Ironhide didn't have so much sentimental value as a kid, but when I unpacked my collection in 2000, it was the first repair job I did. Having him in parts and totally restored opened up a lot of doors for me.

Those two really stand out to me simply for the sentimental value alone.

5. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Man, the longer stories are awesome though, so I don't mind reading sob stories :p  It shows that this is an integral part of our lives (though it's still toys), but sentimental value is something that, I think most fans can relate to, so it's certainly a celebrated similarity between all of us instead of the usual bickering =)

My parents and friends never got me the "best transformers", but they are certainly the ones that will stay with me for a long time.

6. clankizle

clankizle Well-Known Member

15 years ago my house got robbed and I lost my entire collection, with the exception of MISB Beast Wars Megatron. He is the sole survivor of my original collection so he means alot to me.

7. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably Armada Sideways. While he wasn't my first transformer, he was the one who really sparked my interest in the franchise as I'd always felt before I didn't like transformers because they were too difficult (yet I was perfectly in love with Digimon Digivolving figures) Probably because my first Transformer was TM2 Scourge, and you can't really get a definitive mode from him easily.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Well, I'll share a couple of my many tales with you then!

The Powered Convoy colors of Ultra Magnus always really jump out to me. I also really enjoy the little bits of trivia with Transformers, and Powered Convoy is certainly no exception. Among other things, we could have possibly gotten the Powered Convoy colors instead of Ultra Magnus as evidenced by early trailer footage of Transformers: the Movie. Being a fan of Ultra Magnus further sweetens this for me as well.

I'm really not in a position to attend the many Transformers-themed conventions that go on annually, and I've always wanted to go to TFCon. FansProject made an redeco of their well-loved City Commander (of which I've always enjoyed myself) for the exclusive for TFCon. Once the announcement hit, I was absolutely ecstatic to say the least. My long-time friend plowking already had told me he was going, and offered to pick it up for me. I sent my payment to Super_Megatron, and plowking came through for me, as he always does. I couldn't care less about the later release of the armor - this one is special to me because it's a souvenir of the convention and one of many assists from friends :) 

[​IMG]

While I'm talking about Powered Convoy, I can't stop without mentioning my friend Optimus Scourge, who also knew how much I really like Powered Convoy. When he went through his collection to sale some things, he sent me a message he was selling his Powered Convoy reissue from Takara. I seriously doubt I'll ever get to own an authentic Diaclone Powered Convoy, and I never had a good opportunity to purchase this when it first came out. He made me an exceptional deal, and it was my "big" Christmas present last year. Again, another time a friend from here came through for me.

[​IMG]

Both of these pieces (along with several, several others) will always be special pieces in my collection not only because of the item, but for what the represent.

9. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I will never sell my robot masters beast convoy because I'm a big primal fan and telemocha cheetor because the original cheetor was my first tf toy.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFCon Powered Commander also holds sentimental value for me as well, it was my second or third tfcon, and i had exactly enough to buy it, but would have to pass on the dealer room as i got laid off that year, i was in line for it, and one of my friends stopped me from paying and paid for it for me. i will never sell it.

11. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animated Deluxe Bumblebee. It was the first TF I bought with my son. We got one each. Unfortunately the arm broke off and I am currently looking for a junker.

12. unicron6666

unicron6666 Banned

my first tf was armada nemisis pime i still have him. then my second was unicron armada hes super special to me my grandpa got him for me he died on november 29, 2005 he was my best friend it pains me to see this transformer he is in a safe i cry every time i see him . my first minicon team was requim blaster still have all three

13. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

Henkei Starscream. He was a birthday gift from a fellow TF collector who shares the same birthday. At one point, I had the Classics, Universe, and Henkei releases of the mold, but that one is the only one that stayed. He's one of the only Japanese-released TFs I own.

Also, 2007 Movie Arcee, the Deluxe one. First TF I hunted for, rather than purchased casually. Survived my Great Movie Purge when I sold most of my Movieverse toys, and now stands proudly on the shelf. I'm never getting rid of her, or even replacing her with a less-worn one.

14. Autobot-Girl

Autobot-Girl is possibly insane

Mine is Voyager TFA Starscream for numerous reasons. He was my first transformer, given to me by my little brother (who is notoriously stingy with his stuff) and he's stuck with me through some really rough times in the past couple years, we were scammed out of some money by some of our very own family members and when we couldn't afford to heat the entire house my family consisting of my Mom, little brother, and me shared a room and Screamer was right next to me on my pillow each night. Then later I went through a traumatic experience that led to the perpetrator being jailed for the maximum sentence and left me in therapy, the entire time even through the main experience that started it all, that little toy stuck with me. To this day I never leave him home alone, he sleeps on my pillow and accompanies me to school, and though he might be missing a thumb and be a little worse for wear around the wings he's still my absolute favorite. :)