Transformers that don't transform.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bman, May 21, 2014.

1. bman

bman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I just got back from my local TRU again and I was a bit dumbstrucked with some AOE products that are leader size, bigger, and don't transform.

Not only that, they have only 4 point articulation, no elbows and no knees. They cost as much as a deluxe in 2007. It's an inflated robot mode toy that doesn't do anything.

WHY?! Why waste solid plastic on such products? Imagine the amount of plastic that could've gone to improve the other products that DO transform.

Milking a character to the fullest really takes the cake. Why would I even want to buy this for a toddler when I can spend on lego, or maybe the kreo and others that are more worth the money ?

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Sounds like you're talking about the Titans. These large simplistic figures have been a source of much debate here recently.

3. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

Their target demographic (very young kids) don't give a crap if they don't transform.

4. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I seen those "Titans" the other day, I questioned why they existed, remembered their for kids, then stared at Leader Class Optimus Prime for five minutes.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  5. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because Lego and Kre-o are choking hazards for a toddler (unless you mean Duplo), and they have parts that can get lost.

Because little Tod wants a big boy movie 'former instead of the little kid Rescue Bot stuff, but the deluxes, voyagers, and leaders are not safe for him.

Because this looks like a lot of toy, and kids generally like their presents in bulk.

I am not saying these toys are aesthetically well-designed (especially to collectors), but they serve their purpose as being disposable, oversized little kids' toys.

6. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    This. Those things are not for us. They are not designed for us. As ugly as they are, we should just ignore them and move on. They serve their purpose to their target demographic, and nothing more.

7. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    Remember the first 2 movies they had those big "Cyber Stompers" or something, they had a rocket fist, electronics and limited articulation. I got the BB one for my daughter, they were fun durable toys for a little one.

I would guess these giant cheap plastic "statues" have take the place of those, They want to hit every market they can and there is a market for a big cheap toy like that.

8. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Those are for small children.

9. Thyme

Thyme Disciple of Yun-Harla

don't transform?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

10. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Can't we just have one master thread for these rants? Feels like a new one pops every day now.

11. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    They've been around since G1.

[​IMG]

12. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Hasblow need to listen to its fans. We want fully articulated super detailed toys

13. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Many collectors dislike non-transforming figures, including myself. But Hasbro is merely catering to the needs of parents/kids who do not give a rat's anus that they don't transform.

14. intothematrix15

intothematrix15 Banned

Exactly...target...that would make an awesome target for a rifle or shotgun...

15. Mirimus

Mirimus Member Known Well

The thing is, I've watched the other toys like these (TF Prime, Star Wars) gather dust at all of the retailers I visit, so I'm not sure these will be any different.

16. whitedragon17

whitedragon17 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The G1 Action Masters at least had transforming partners or vehicles, and some of the European ones could fully transform.

Revoltech or Mega SCF like figures are probably not cost effective for Hasbro sales and catering to the younger crowd. SCF/Heroes of Cybertron come to mind for detail, but they can't pose.

17. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I still can't get it why Hasbro keeps on making these Titans, when the TFP Titans shelwarmed worldwide.

18. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    If Hasbro listed to us they'd have to convert all their assets and resources to making the kind of stuff we want, then the MLP products will be gone, eventually the franchise will follow, then the Bronies will declare war on us, then both sides start using nukes, then we all die.

That's why they don't listen to us.

19. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Even then, between a less expensive transforming deluxe toy vs an expensive non-transforming one? Which one do you think their parents would buy?

Maybe "true fans" will buy this shit. I mean some of you will even buy the shampoos and then keep them MISB. :lol 

20. Primal_Grimlock

Primal_Grimlock Gone because someone had their cat declawed. Grr.

In terms of non transforming toys, I loved the Robot Heroes and the Titanium line. A complex transformation isn't important to me.