Transformers TCG Sleeving

Discussion in 'Transformers Trading Card Game (TCG) Discussion' started by Vangelus, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nothing brings pleasure into my cardboard trading card life like applying multiple layers of plastic to seal them away and provide some lovely thickened shufflefeel.

Also, nothing fights against foil-card-curl like a sleeve. Aside from some very intense and specific control over humidity.

Here's my own sleeving solution:

Battle Cards
    These are Standard-sized cards (the same size as Magic & many many many other games), so you have a few billion options at your disposal. Personally I am a fan of Ultra Pro Eclipse sleeves for their particular shuffling handfeel, especially when I decide to be a pervert and double-sleeve with KMC Perfect Fit inners.

Character Cards
    This can be less easy. The main thing to bear in mind is that you'll want sleeves with dimensions around 3 x 5 inches. Some options folks have found include:
    • Mayday Games sleeves for Tiny Epic Kingdoms. The 100 counts are somewhat soft, close to but not quite like your classic penny sleeves. The 50-count Premiums are a little stiffer and denser, and probably the most solid choice for a single sleeve.
    • Ultimate Guard Precise Fit Sleeves for Oversized Cards. These aren't actually all that great as one-off options, as they're VERY TIGHT and kinda hard to apply. Also, they're incredibly slim, moreso meant for double-sleeving as an inner sleeve. Which I've done in conjunction with either type of Mayday sleeve. The Mayday Premiums are kind of...Dragon Shield-hard to double-sleeve, but I've done it and feel incredibly self-satisfied.
    • Toploaders. There are 3x5 ones out there (I think by BCW?), while I myself have been using 3 1/2 x 5 1/8 Ultra Pros. These seem to be the top pick for anybody storing their cards in stacks or boxes, and still are worth having a handful on-hand for gameplay even if you're using a binder solution. Also, you can join me in the decadence of taking a double-sleeved character card, plunging it into a toploader, and wielding the unstoppable power of a rock-hard triple-sleeved character card.
    • 4-pocket Binder Pages. Ultra Pro do some of these, which are a great way to store character cards in a fancy manner. Double-sleeved character cards fit in here, providing a kinda-sorta-fake way to say you're triple-sleeving them. Toploaders do not fit, so I am denied quadruple-sleeving. For now.

• Like Like x 2
  2. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Watching this thread for when some brilliant psychopath figures out what the crap to do with Metroplex.

Also, to contribute to the other major factor: deck boxes. Here’s my recommendation:

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Tower-De...r+deck+box&dpPl=1&dpID=51lwNuV7MqL&ref=plSrch

The Ultra Pro PRO Tower deck box. This thing has space for 5 TF decks (3 in the top compartment on their sides, 2 on the bottom face up or down. DO NOT try to fit more in the bottom compartment)

The front section fits sleeved character cards. I currently have 13 with a bit more room to spare.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Someone on the facebook TCG group put Metroplex into a thick magnetic acrylic frame meant for photographs and I KINDA WANNA DO IT NOW

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I put all my cards in a binder and used a comic book sleeve

5. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    thanks for the information guys! I've been looking for something to use

6. mightyspacepope

mightyspacepope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    These work great for Metroplex.

• Like Like x 7
  7. mightyspacepope

mightyspacepope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also, to add to the regular-sized character sleeving options, I definitely prefer the Epic Tiny Kingdoms regular sleeves instead of the premium ones. The premiums feel just a smidge too tight on the card. I like regular ETK sleeve + Top Loader (I like the Ultra Pro toploader for the tiny bit of extra space).

8. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just asked this question in another thread! Clearly I should have checked here, thanks!

9. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any carrying solutions for toploaders, I've tried all of the above for big cards. But double sleeved toploaders are the best. Found one for Metroplex too. But...

How do I carry them?

10. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The upside of toploaders is you can straight up rubber-band them together with no risk to the actual cards. As for actual cases, the Ultimate Guard Arkhive or Quivertime's Quiver are the two I have that can hold them easily.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    Thanks.

So you put them in sideways in this right? About to pull the trigger.

Screenshot_20190112-215841.png

12. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They can go in standing just like the deckboxes, according to UG it can hold around 175 of them

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    Bought it and love it! Thanks!

14. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone had any luck finding a 6x8 card/photo protector that fits a 3-ring binder?

15. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    I have comic book sleeves that fit in a binder. I’ll take a pic when I’m home

16. Deepsea

Deepsea Well-Known Member

Hey do you guys recommend putting the opening of the first sleeve at the bottom of the card and the second sleeve's opening facing up or visa versa?
    Edit: this is for battle cards.

17. ALPHAMAGNUS

ALPHAMAGNUS I identify as an amalgamated Firetruck/Semi Veteran

News Credits:
    I put bottom, then top, mostly so if I take them out of a binder sleeve, it doesn't leave a sleeve behind.

18. Deepsea

Deepsea Well-Known Member

I'll be storing them in a card box (with dividers) does that change anything? I have most of them bottom then top but have switch some to top then bottom so far
    Edit: is double sleeving even worth it?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  19. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any chance you got that pic? I'm looking at the possibility of picking up the 6x8 page photo protector for 2 ring binders, but punching 3 new holes for it to fit in a 3 ring binder. I just don't know if they are long enough to pull that off.

20. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    Here’s what I do. It works well enough

Attached Files: