Transformers TCG Preorders available

Discussion in 'Transformers Trading Card Game (TCG) Discussion' started by Knightsword, Apr 26, 2018.

1. WingedWeasel

WingedWeasel Well-Known Member

I was really hoping for a sneak peak or something at Gencon in August but seems Hasbro/WotC is continuing their hiatus. Regardless I\'ll definitely be going in big on this although I anticipate it will sputter and collapse after a year or 2. That isn\'t intended to be an insult, majority of card games don\'t make it. While I\'d like to believe this will be as big as magic or Pokemon the reality is that the odds are against it.

Doesn\'t mean I can\'t have fun in the mean time or even afterwards. 

I\'m genuinely curious if there will be any online integration. There are several games that already have a variety of ways that they are connectng to their respective online clients and not forcing people to buy cards twice alw magic online. Pokemon has codes in the packs and Lightseekers (and \"soon\" to be warhammer) have scannable cards that would allow you to register your exact collection. it would be a big miss for transformers to not have something along these lines I think

Either way I\'m super excited and hoping US stores have preorders soon

2. Automaster

Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My boys, 10 and 6 will most definitely play this with me. So excited, been waiting forever for a proper TF card game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. iKoN09

iKoN09 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I have a 9 and 5, I think this will be perfect for them too, since they've been bugging me to buy Pokémon cards I think this is the best alternative.

4. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's not how CCG's usually work; I'd be shocked if they offered a set of all the cards or anything like that.

5. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
  6. cylence

cylence Always the quiet one..

News Credits:
    I don't think those are what you think they are.. the second one is a set of 6 cards, and the other link is mainly referring to pre-built decks and a handful of overpriced reprints.
    You're also talking a game the size of Magic, which has the player base to support a variety of one-off marketing bundles, pre-built decks, and resellers selling complete card sets. This game isn't going to have any of that. The starter set is the closest you'll get.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks for that; I'm no expert since it's been a while since I've played Magic but that's what I thought. The whole business model is to sell you packs. Not give you everything in one sweet bundle as much as I'd want that too.

8. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I'm sure that a "collectors" boxed set will be made, for TF collectors not that interested in the game itself. Most of the characters, with little or no weapon/ability cards, a book, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Having every card in one box set kinda of defeats the purpose of a TRADING card game. There's no point in trading if you already own all the cards.

The box sets they do have are just various starter packs with prebuilt decks. That multiplayer one probably has a few decks worth so you can just pull it out and play with friends to introduce them to the game. I don't recall Pokémon ever having anything like that but they do have multiple starter packs with different themes which also makes it easy to hand someone a loner deck just to tech them the game.

From my previous experience booster packs seem to be a waist of time as they'll likely contain dozens of copies you will already have in the starter parks and maybe if you're lucky they'll be one foil card in there. Like maybe one out of every ten packs had a foil card in it. Another benefit of starter packs is you're guaranteed a foil card in every box, there's usually a window on the box which specifically shows off that one rare card so it's not as random or clumsy as blindly opening booster packs.

You're still going to get a lot of copies even with starter packs but it's a prebuilt deck with a guaranteed rare card. It's just the nature of the game. You can always trade the copies. Personally I might just end up only buying starter packs. Would be interesting if they made the game span every continuity and released different starter packs themed around specific ones. If that ends up being the case, Beast Wars is the first one I'm going to pick up.

• Like Like x 1