Transformers Studio Series Perceptor And Coronation Starscream New Stock Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Pixelmaster, Nov 4, 2021.

1. GreyFox787

GreyFox787 Well-Known Member

Love the throne being included with Starscream, even if I\'m a bit bummed we didn\'t get a new mold (it looks pretty good, though). Hoping the cape can plug in to the back of the throne to give the appearance he is wearing it - the peg holes on the back of it give me hope.

2. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    ha, I'm right there with you, and honestly, I like them all to a degree, but don't really think any of them have "nailed it" - I'd basically want the G1 figure with a face and modern articulation (he doesn't even need all that much more since he was one of the most articulated G1ers)
    ha. 100%.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Huh, odd, why does Starscream come with 2 sets of shoulder cannons? I mean wouldn\'t the regular ones fit in that shoulderpad too?
    As he seems identical to the Earthrise mold, save for the lack of paint on the tailfins, I will likely just swap them and sell this one with the Earthrise box.
    Perceptor is not bad, but another case where the cartoon color scheme isn\'t a great look, as his chest just looks rather flat and undetailed.

4. transgeek2345

transgeek2345 Well-Known Member

The peg placement is a bit different on both so while it could work it seems like the cannons are specific to the Paul drone while the others still work for the previous release.

5. octobotimus

octobotimus Lost in space

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah Starscream doesn’t fit in with 86 in the slightest. Just looks so blocky and detailed it doesn’t make sense. He was a lot smoother and sleek.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see differently looks like he trying take massive dump his wings preventing him sitting in throne properly.,

mom set see him with pink cape looks less menacing he look better with purple cape

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Wasn't there a Beast Wars movie in Japan?

I could go for a Studio Series Beast Wars toy.

• Like Like x 3
  8. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    I'm hoping the pegs are set up so anyone with the proper 5mm port on back can wear it. Starscream's crown and cape will join Wildwheel's hat in my "source of amusing pictures" accessory bin.

9. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, one thing about the G1 is that, as a huge fan of Macross, when I found a Perceptor that was incomplete, I found that he did a great "Super Dimensional Fortress" mode really well.. like really well... and he's been in that mode for the last 30 years.

DSC05162.JPG

DSC05164.JPG

Just like Prime Soundwave does a great Zentradi ship, and with alternative ways to place the wings/arms, there's multiple design possible. And then I got Storm Surge that nails the "robot/battle" SDF-1 look.

• Like Like x 8
  10. STRAKER454

STRAKER454 Police Box Traveler

I'm honestly FINE with the use of the Earthrise mold for Starscream but...I was really hoping for a red color molded chest to help ease SOME of the red paint chipping problems. It's just too much of the same figure we already got.

Preceptor looks great, I do rather wish the white parts were silver though.

11. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That toy sucked and I rarely say that about a figure.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

84D6AB76-1EC9-452E-9D94-C4663F0497C0.jpeg
    Also as a huge fan of Macross I thank you for this inspiration!
    Surprised I never saw this before, I used to turn everything into an SDF-1. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  13. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    That's never been Studio's gimmick. It was the first to pivot hard to screen-accuracy/scale.

WfC followed, and that's why 86 Screamer is ER's with a new hat.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perceptor looks pretty good. The blue looks a LITTLE light but OK. It kinda looks like the barrel of the gun is removable, and that the barrel is kinda similar in shape to the original toy's missiles. That is something I would like to see, an updated version of his original weapons. The launcher could be blast-effect compatible and have blast effects shaped like his missiles (some of the existing effects are already pretty pointy, good thing they aren't hard plastic).

Starscream looks fine, I wish he had a little post-coronation diorama of burnt boots and a smashed crown that fit under Galvatron's foot.

+-MWG-+

15. cloudballoon

cloudballoon Well-Known Member

Yeah, we both want the same thing really. However the fact is the likes of Hot Rod is less common than not. I'm just hoping with Hot Rod Hasbro would go "we're onto something here! Better effort at affordable price and sell like hot cakes! Let do more for the Fans" instead of their all too often "lowes effort, let all the hollowness be seen out of a figure to keep costs low and pray it doesn't shelf warm" design/production philosophy.

16. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

I feel like everything in Studio Series is prone to breaking.

17. NOBLExGAMER

NOBLExGAMER Scale Crazed CHUG Collector

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They are definitely there on Preceptor and Wreck Gar, they may not be as pronounced as they are on WFC figure like Wheeljack and Grapple but you can see they are present on all the current CHUG figures.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    And that's why I've drawn the line in cases like this. The TR figure is just fine for my collection, so there's no interest on my part in upgrading.

I think the only figures from the last few years that they're redoing that did get me is Menasor/Stunticons and only because of my extreme childhood connection and disappointment with the CW version and Blitzwing only because of my dissatisfaction with that mold. Everything else either has to be new (Chunky Cosmos, Blaster, Omnibots), or never been done before for the modern audience (Voyager Slipstream, Deathsaurus, Flamewar)

It's not the US TV series cast, it was Beast Wars II (Lio Convoy vs Galvatron in terms of cast), a compilation of some episodes and then a short original story. Though if they pulled out a Majin Zarak, now that would be something; though it would take something akin to magic to pull off that transformation.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  19. FrazzTF

FrazzTF I'm gonna grip ya. I just am.

Wait, don't be fooled! He's just the same old Starscream with a new hat!

• Like Like x 1
  20. cloudballoon

cloudballoon Well-Known Member

Magnificus is the too obvious choice. I've repainted my TR Blurr & Siege OP into their SG counterpart, a Magnificus repaint would stand well with those.

I don't know about Wings Universe' Chairman though. Google those 3 words (and adding Transformers and/or comic) isn't showing up anything looking close to Perceptor. Is there a scan of a comic panel online?

• Like Like x 1