Transformers Studio Series Perceptor And Coronation Starscream New Stock Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Pixelmaster, Nov 4, 2021.

1. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

He's a Head Master.
    He's hanging with Hawkins

2. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    ???

None of this follows.

If SS86 Perceptor was always meant to be SS86 and therefore designed from the beginning to be SS86, which is what I am saying, then why on Earth would he have been ever rumored or expected for Legacy? That would be the exact opposite of what I am saying.

And, yeah, SS86 Starscream is ER Starscream with new parts because, you know, ER Starscream already exists. A Perceptor doesn't already exist to port over.

Again, what?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    He wasn't rumored or expected for legacy, least not from anyone reliable as far as i remember

4. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But on other SS86 figures like Hot Rod and Jazz (and even on Perceptor's face) they use silver anyway because they understood that's what it was supposed to be (also the metallic gold instead of flat yellow on Grimlock). It doesn't make sense for them to only change that for parts of Perceptor.

5. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Incidentally, today I learned that SS86 Starscream's throne is actually Megatron's throne onboard the Nemesis. Did anyone else know that beforehand?

Also, why's everyone fretting over SS86 Perceptor getting ball joint shoulders? Aren't ball joints easier to tighten on the off-chance they get loose?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Because somehow in the last 3 or 4 years ball joints have come to he equated with poor/lazy design for some reason

• Like Like x 4
  7. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's more of a deal breaker than the hole in his back, not a fan of HeadMasters but to not even have a real place for it in alt is rediculous to me.

8. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Well, that is where you and I differ, as besides an extra bit of out-of-sight-out-of-mind stowage, he mans tank mode just fine (and sells it as an actual vehicle mode better than the G1 or SS'86 "tanks"), and I have no problems with Convex just hanging about the microscope mode on one of the footpegs as canonically he has mass-shifting powers. Hiding Perceptor's guns (as mine also has the G1 rifle and launcher to zappity zap with) in that mode (or rather failing to)? THAT's annoying - but not enough to trade out for this fellow.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could see having TR not wanting to trade up, the tank mode is much better. But I do like this Headsculpt quite a bit.

10. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    For me the Microscope mode on TR is better overall too, as the 'Toon simplification + added articulation have nixed aesthetics I prefer on the TR like the sticker detailing homage, and the tiny faux lighting mirror for the slide holder, etc. I'll trade a spare tiny guy for those any day.
    I also prefer the square-jawed TR face, probably because the platonic ideal Perceptor face in my head is way more heavily influenced by his Marvel Comics appearance than I realised before seeing SS'86 highly TFTM-accurate take, I suspect picking out his cheek hollows with silver might fix that niggle for me on the SS though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ScorponokIsHere

News Credits:
    Perceptor and Jazz's toy silvers are different colors in animation. Jazz's is a medium gray and Perceptor's are white.

latest.jpg transformers-studio-series-86-deluxe-g1-jazz-character-art_480x480.jpg

12. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, my point is just that if they knew to translate the flat colors on Jazz and others into metallic paint then why not Perceptor too?

13. ScorponokIsHere

News Credits:
    I mean, if there's a metallic white paint, sure

14. ScorponokIsHere

News Credits:
    YES.

That is exactly my point. He was NOT rumored for Legacy, which would MAKE SENSE if he was designed with being SS86 in mind from the very beginning, explaining his balljointed shoulders. Okay? Can we stop repeating back things to me which confirm my point?

15. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    OOF that looks rough. The cream white accents should at least be a cooler shade. The giant hole in his back should be, you know, NOT A HOLE IN HIS BACK -- even a simple panel could have just as easily covered that. I know shipping costs are way up but we're trying to buy robots here, not air. There's large escapes for the mushroom pegs all over the arms to add to the sense of a lack of integrity brought on by the gappy arm parts. The use of ball joints in the shoulders just reeks of laziness, it is cheaper to design and assemble, at the cost of aesthetics and sometimes product integrity, what a wet fart of a decision. Then there's the blandness of the whole affair, I get it's meant to throw back to the animation but there's just something missing. And if that weren't all, he's got such a morose expression sculpted in. This is so not for me, I suspect my WFC Autobots will just have to get along without a Perceptor in their ranks.

16. DubV

DubV Lighten up, Francis.

News Credits:
    A guy can’t even warn people not to allude to certain subjects anymore?

17. decepticonaiden

decepticonaiden Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I'm weird. For me, it's a consistancy thing. Every other WFC styled figure I own uses universal joints in the shoulders. It makes it feel like they don't belong in the same line. That and I kinda prefer universal joints? No particular reason. Just like how they feel

Oh well, at least my HasLab Saber won't be quite so lonely. They can be ball joint buddies!

18. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    This is a can of worms debate that'll never be resolved, some folks are of the "exact colours of the 'Toon" bent whilst others, like myself and possibly @Optimus1138, lean towards 'the "Toon colours are shorthand for the toy coloration within the practical limits & budget of the animation" hence Perceptor's animation white is seen to represent the brightly reflective chrome finish parts of the toy they match up to. A platinum app would do in my book.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They've been warned plenty of times in past threads, yet people can't or won't get the message. At this point, they know what they're doing.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Personally, I think he's okay/good just I don't feel like picking him up right now - maybe when he is on sale (I would get a GS IDW Perceptor or a Magnificus) and I don't regret selling off my Titans Return figure one bit (not a fan of how he looks). Glad I got the RTS figure and that will be my only Perceptor (for now). I'd say this figure is the second-best Perceptor IMO behind the RTS figure.