Transformers Studio Series Perceptor And Coronation Starscream New Stock Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Pixelmaster, Nov 4, 2021.

1. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If that was the case we would see a legacy perceptor, something not rumored to ever be happening. Also we literally have ER starscream ported into SS 86 in the same wave as him….

• Like Like x 1
  2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Why would we be seeing a Legacy Perceptor if we are getting a SS Perceptor?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cardion

Cardion Courage and Good Cheer!

News Credits:
    Maybe not Legacy Year 1 or Year 2, but Hasbro will want to reuse that mold eventually. If not in Legacy, maybe Shattered Glass Year 3? It would be unlikely they would leave that money on the table.

4. GrimCharr

GrimCharr SciFi Geezer

I'd worry about that clear plastic. Looks like a ticking clock on that getting damaged if its handled much. Not gonna last as a plaything for a kid.

As a collector, I think it's pretty good. The hollow back doesn't really bother me. But the visible head syndrome in alt mode is just bad.

Sure. For a $20 pre-order on Amazon, it's the same price as if they did a R.E.D. Perceptor figure that didn't transform. Either way, we get a passable shelf Perceptor. This actually exists in three dimensions and has engineering put into it to transform. Even though it looks like he could use some, um, detailing of those treads and panel-lining, etc. That I can handle. But the visible head makes my teeth ache.

100% The best quality of SS86 and Siege were the clever flip-out hands when there are panels to conceal the gap. They were able to do this for the Seekers, but not Megatron. Looks good particularly with hand posability like ER Prime or SS86 HotRod. Makes a display figure so much better.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks pretty good. I feel some joints are going to annoy me by being either too easy to move (mid-thigh transform joints) or too stiff (the clear chest panel/tray). It really needed a hinged part to cover the back and obscure the head in alt mode (and the huge gap it leaves open in robot mode) , I'm tempted to plug his gun into the screw-hole in his back to fill/obfuscate that gap.

6. WrongTurn

WrongTurn King of the Impossible

News Credits:
    Preceptor looks awesome - bring it

7. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The hollow back thing, there are holes in the back for something to peg into, dont forget this is probably a factory reject and doesnt necessarly have all the parts thats why I dont take his reviews as gospel.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    lol

• Like Like x 2
  9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And besides, even if there ISN'T something else that goes back there, just rotate his head around when transforming him, and at least you won't see his face peeking out from the back of his alt mode. :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  10. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx No matter where you go, there you are.

it's likely stated that in the instructions that he didn't receive.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

My biggest concern was the face sculpt, but looking at it close up here, it's absolutely bang-on.

And that 'Prime death scene' pic goes to show how well some of these figures go together - fantastic stuff (well, IMHO anyhoo). :thumb 

13. Syndicator

Syndicator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I was thinking that re. The headsculpt! In the CGI it looked dodgy enough for me to pick up a cheap TR Percy, but looking at this guy I might turn him into Magnificus.

14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same deal as the WFC Ironhide mold, essentially. He's huge for a Deluxe class. All his mass goes towards shear size, rather than parts redundancies to cover up gaps.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    no wheels on the treads, yuck. think ill skip him, they did the same thing with core megatron and it ruined the toy.

16. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

At least he is Accurate to his Movie appearance. I'm sure 3party peps will make gap fillers and IDW Mod stuff too...

• Like Like x 1
  17. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They really could've moved him to the Voyager size with a few minor improvements. Things like hinged shoulders and forearm covers would need basically new arms, but the arms connect to that strut on the torso, and the lens moving in/out would need a different shoulder cannon piece. But both of those are "external" and could easily be changed at the factory level without really changing the main torso of the figure much. I would have no problem paying voyager price for Perceptor, he is more justified at that price than Hot Rod was. For deluxe price, I think I will be satisfied.

+-MWG-+

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For those of you who still like TR Perceptor, how do you deal with the head in alt mode, I seem to remember it having no real place to sit.... Other than in the slide tray....which is kinda defeating the purpose.

19. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

To be fair, even in their hi end Diaclone line, Diabattles first release, the pseudo tank treads also have no wheels:mad: 

Not only scrimping, heck, I'll mention again, their hi end Diaclone line(inexcusable), here, it's getting to be a cliché :lol  Weird thing is, in Hoist's vehicle hauling doohickey, TT/Hb actually allocated separate rolling wheels.o_O  The design choices are like all over the place. Cost cutting? Human frailties (the designer forgot?) etc etc etc.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    If we're playing "no-one looks at the back of their figures" it's possible to wedge Convex's head into the 5mm port on Perceptor's back with his face facing downwards, out of sight from the front. It can be a bit fiddly given the Titan Master's neck mobility but it can be done.

• Like Like x 1