Transformers Studio Series 86 Blaster & Eject Found At Target

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Mar 23, 2024.

1. Ralliart209

Ralliart209 Well-Known Member

As you said, if i bring up 2 same size TF’s in the same size nearly identical box’s, scan the one that scans and tell the person looking over the self check outs that i changed my mind and want to buy 1 only how would it be considered theft? The store is getting my money, theft would be if i straight walked out the store with the item and not pay for it. Just seems pointless to that the store would make a big deal to call the cops over this, i mean im paying the retail cost of the item and im sure the cop would agree and think the whole thing is pointless. Im sure the cop has better things to do than arrest a paying customer for using a loophole to buy a measly toy early

• Like Like x 1
  2. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Bruh, the figures street date drops in a few days. Just wait.

3. Ralliart209

Im just asking a question bruh, because theres some male karens in the facebook TF groups condemning people for using this loophole. Just seems pointless and waste of energy to get all mad jealous about…..

• Like Like x 1
  4. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I highly doubt the cops would get involved. It depends a lot on the employee who catches you. Some yank it out of your hands and some don't give a whiff of a fuck about the whole thing, lol. I tried to check out with a street-dated toy years ago before I even knew what a street date was...it wouldn't let me buy it, so I asked the employee on duty and she clicked some stuff on the screen and let me check out. I've used the "street date bypass" a few times myself. And I agree that it most definitely isn't stealing. I don't even know what they could charge you with if they DID call the cops. I think street dates are idiotic. If they stock it on the shelves, just sell that shit.

• Like Like x 1
  5. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Honestly it's something that will upset employees because inventory is off. Causes more work for them. But is it a thing where the police will be involved? Hell no.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Depends on the mood of whoever catches them. If they see you scan one item and bag another and also don't know jack shit about Transformers size classes, that's clearly theft and they could call the cops. Target is one of the quicker stores to get cops involved rather than building up a case over time like Walmart. If they're in a good mood and realize the items should be the same price maybe they won't, but that's far from guaranteed.
    That's not how inventory works. You've stolen a Blaster and they are down $30. Sure, you payed $30 for another figure you didn't take, but that doesn't matter as it is accounted for separately and now you've screwed up inventory further. Morally I think it's fine, but legally it's still theft. They don't care if it's a toy, they care that it's theft.

7. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It might be gone by that time.

8. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    Given the swarm of cops in full combat gear executing warrants at P Diddy's residences, yes residences, it's just not worth risking a few days earlier than the embargo date at Target...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Now is the best time then with all the cops busy

• Like Like x 4
  10. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    That's misguided. I saw a Cops show once. There appeared to be only a single cop handcuffing a Suspect. The Suspect then intentionally makes a sudden motion like a head fake. Then 20 plus cops come into camera shot.

• Like Like x 2
  11. xtommytmoshx

xtommytmoshx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    two of my local targets had wheeljack and blaster out for sale on the shelves yesterday and today, neither would sell them to me. dumb.

12. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    Pulse preorders for these are shipping Monday, so physical Target stores can kiss my exhaust port

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    But you will also be able to buy these from Target on Monday and not have to pay shipping or wait for delivery?

14. Pcsolyar

News Credits:
    I have free shipping at Pulse and would rather wait 1-2 days for them to come to me then spend my time and gas searching Targets.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    I have Premium, so no shipping. Delivery time is much less stressful than running around to the 3 target stores nearby and seeing that none of them bothered putting them out on the release date.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Eh, fair response.

• Like Like x 3
  17. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    I got mine at Target here in NJ today. Lady at the self checkout did a override for the street date

• Like Like x 3
  18. Ralliart209

Do you work at target? Or use to? And if so have you seen a customer get in trouble for doing this?, im genuinely asking because i fine it hard to believe that they will get the police involve and would just give a warning on not to do that again

19. Alpha3

Alpha3 Well-Known Member

Ugh, my Target preorder status now shows on Backorder. What the hell? I had this happen with my 40th Anniversary Soundwave with Walmart, had to cancel the order and was luckily able to reorder it again. Anyone else have this preorder listed as a backorder?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pcsolyar

News Credits:
    Same just happened to my Wheeljack. This is why I place back ups with Pulse. Target took so long to fill Origins Jazz preorders that he'd already been clearanced out from store shelves