Transformers Studio Series 86 Blaster & Eject Found At Target

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Mar 23, 2024.

1. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if that was a dig- but I was referring to the constant disposal of milk.

• Like Like x 4
  2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A lot more milk than that is disposed of every day. Only a fraction of the milk produced by the dairy industry actually makes it to market in the first place. Thanks to subsidies, the industry is over-invested in dairy cattle, and far more is produced than there is actual demand for.

• Like Like x 3
  3. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmm I'm thirsty.

• Like Like x 1
  4. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

News Credits:
    Sadly, I've had the "street date" issue happen at two Walmarts that I visit. One was for some silly little lightsaber toys at one. The other it was a Lego set and Transformer. Just wanted to clarify that it happens at Targets (I've had it happen to me at Targets as well) and Walmarts near where I live.

• Like Like x 1
  5. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fucking hell.
    At this point the entire retail system needs an overhaul.

• Like Like x 1
  6. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

News Credits:
    Fixed that for you.
    :bay 

• Like Like x 6
  7. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Yeah, inertia will reign supreme as long as there are people whose first instinct is to aggressively excuse and defend megacorps at every turn instead of just accepting other people's dissatisfaction with their fuckups.

Like, come on man. This fandom is notoriously impatient but street dates are completely artificial and arbitrary. Blaster isn't a green banana that isn't good to eat yet. It's in the store and on the shelf, the customer should be able to buy it. What is the point of taking the corporation's side on a minor frustration like this? Or on any issue? They're not gonna give you a gift card for saying "that's the way it is" which is technically correct but has no merit or constructive value as an argument.

tumblr_83f2d1741628be6a02f707b4588586c4_a3085fd6_1280.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  8. Faeker

Faeker New Member

Instagram:
    Only one I didn't preorder. Decided to try target roulette for him.

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Okay but “that’s the way it is” is the only answer that isn’t impotent collector rage. If a date is set then a date is set and the retailer has policy in place for how it’s handled. If you want that to change, become a shareholder and push for it. There’s your constructive answer. That’s not taking a corporations side, it’s being in touch with reality.

No employee is risking getting written up or fired because a collector doesn’t want to wait for their toy.

• Like Like x 6
  10. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    That's an extremely charitable forced dichotomy that addresses bafflement over the concept of street dates and the mismanagement of their implementation in a fair way. I'll return the favor just as kindly: "street dates are pointless" is the only answer that isn't sycophantic corporate bootlicking.

Sounds like a glib and cynical answer to me, one that doesn't believe that the consumer has any power (spoiler: we do).

An arbitrary reality set in place by the corporations and continually enforced by people who just accept it as the only possibility.

No doubt-- and I wonder why that risk exists, perhaps because of the situation described in my previous sentence.

Seriously, all I said was that the only reason things continue this way is because people allow it, and you basically just hit me with the "nuh uh" in so many words. What does anyone gain from this? I get people bitch about the dumbest things, but this is really scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as hitting complainers with the bad behavior spray bottle goes. Hasbro and Target do not need you to defend them. You are not standing up for "reality" either, considering anyone complaining already knows what a street date is, and you're not providing any actual reasoning for why they exist. I genuinely don't understand why so many people feel the need to make posts in this vein; someone expresses a complaint and they get several replies of "the situation you are frustrated with exists because corporations have power". Very useful, insightful, and a great first place to go instead of saying nothing or siding with your own interests as a consumer.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    You can be mad at the truth, but it’s still the truth. Corporations don’t care if you cry on Twitter.

You don’t have power with regards to street dates as a consumer. You can do precisely two things: nothing, and like it.

• Like Like x 4
  12. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    You just expressed the same sentiment more concisely. You should have led with this, it would have saved me some effort (plus your second post is even more dismissive and aggressive so it does the other viewpoint a favor).

• Like Like x 2
  13. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I have no idea why they'd put a hard street date on something like this anyway it's not spoiling anything

14. johnny48

johnny48 Shockwave’s biggest simp

If collectors get their toy early, they won’t go to Target on the street date and nothing will be sold that day and the whole store will be forced to close down. If this happens on a nationwide scale, and believe me it will, enough stores close the company will go out of business!!1!!1!!!!!!1!!!!

You must understand now why the street date system in imperative to the companies’ long-term survival.

• Like Like x 1
  15. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    They probably wanted to avoid April 1. Fun things happen.

• Like Like x 3
  16. NOBLExGAMER

NOBLExGAMER Scale Crazed Collector | Core Class Enthusiast

News Credits:
    As a fellow Y.B.O. (Yellowed Blaster Owner) I just hope this figure fixed the issue.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Keroshino

Keroshino Beasties: Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Well If anything is fixed…it’s Eject finally being solid colored and not stupidly made of clear plastic.

so that already is a plus for this release!

• Like Like x 3
  18. Ralliart209

Ralliart209 Well-Known Member

Ok i have to ask, if i find SS86 voyager blaster at target and he doesnt ring up at self check out, is it bad that i take another SS86 transformer voyager thats same price with me and scan it and pay then leave it and take blaster?. Had someone tell me that its considered theft which i dont see how since they are the same price and are both voyagers, just one rings up and the other doesnt, im paying for one and taking one…..

19. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

If complaining about street dates is pointless, then complaining about complaining about street dates is equally pointless. It affects nobody, it's a minor issue, nobody's hobby or personality is getting trashed, and in this case it's relevant to the topic of the thread.

I see no reason not to just let people vent.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

News Credits:
    You're paying for one item and taking another. That is still theft. That will mess up inventory and hit the store as shrink, so they will notice and they will care. They don't mess around with theft and will call the cops. And it's very easy to get caught the way you propose leaving one item behind.

Hypothetically if you really wanted to do this you would quickly ring the other voyager twice and take both. The receipt, if questioned, would look right as there would be two transformers charges for the same amount for two figures of the same size in nearly identical boxes. You then return the dummy one later. Hypothetically, of course.

• Like Like x 1