Transformers Studio Series 86 Blaster & Eject Found At Target

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Mar 23, 2024.

1. johnny48

johnny48 Shockwave’s biggest simp

True. I should’ve been more clear in my original post.

• Like Like x 1
  2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    That's not how it works. If an employee is told to stock they put out stuff if it's in the plan. If the system telling them to stock doesn't stop them they do their job. It's the same thing people complained about when Walmart was lagging stocking Velocitron. Employees had been told *by district managers* to prioritize other parts of the store besides toys. So even though it was past the street date they weren't able to get it out until later. And depending on the store they may or may not ve allowed to go look if you ask.

Same at the checkout. If the computer says don't sell it they can't. It literally won't let them. Yes someone in the store may be able to override it...but that's at their discretion.

Hell, I had it happen at GameStop. They had put out a few Joes early by accident and he couldn't sell them until later that week. If he did, he'd be fired.

At Target the computer once stopped me from buying a frozen kids meal because it had been tagged for recall. Same situation.

• Like Like x 5
  3. prime241

prime241 Westbeasty

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Target can be a stickler to street dates (even for plastic). There have been times they don't really care about it and like once or twice even grabbed something in the back for me. I'll never forget though when Earthrise wave 3 was on the shelves and I wanted to buy all the deluxes I was just told no due to the street date and they took em to the back to never to be seen again. So mileage might vary

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    If the system says no, they are not going to sell it unless you get a Manager who just doesn’t care.

My local target can’t sell Trumoo milk because they changed the packaging and the new barcode isn’t in the system. It has been like this for a couple months now, the store allegedly can’t do anything about it so they keep throwing product out. Is that unbelievably stupid? 100%, but they don’t seem to have any ability to defy the mighty computer. It says no, so they say no.

Just wait till the 31st to start checking and save yourselves a headache.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Denzimus

Denzimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You forgot to mention also hide it somewhere too

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

News Credits:
    With all this talk of street dates, shout out to the time Target wouldn't let me buy SS RotB Arcee because it was showing in the system as a Target+ item (their half-assed attempt to rival Amazon by now having 3rd party sellers on their own site) shipped and sold by TFSource. They didn't have their own listing in the system as the one associated to the barcode because TFSource included the UPC on theirs. Manager told me it must have been a return they accepted by mistake and I couldn't buy it. She then radioed to someone in electronics to grab all of them off the peg and throw them in the trash. I went back and grabbed the last Arcee before they got to it and a SS Core Laserbeak and scanned the Laserbeak twice at self checkout. I did have a quick chat with the guy who was supposed to throw it out. He at least thought it was odd that there was a shelf tag and that the other items in the same exact boxes were for sale in their system when scanned. When I tried that with the manager the first time, she just kept repeating the Target+ bs and told me they don't sell those there. I even found the sold by Target listing and she didn't care.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

Oh my god... the incredible waste...

• Like Like x 3
  8. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    They probably don't. A lot of that is automated. And since milk is a perishable there's probably some minimum they're sent because even if they sell *zero* that stuff expires so in theory they'd need to replace it.

Unlike toys, clothes, etc which don't so you can sorta adjust what's sent based on stock levels.

What's more concerning is nobody up the chain has gone "why is this store throwing out an entire shipment of TrueMoo every X.
    Again, that's not BS. That's what the system has told her. And how empowered a manager is to take action outside of the norm is based entirely on them and the environment they work in.

It's like if you go to a place like Chipotle or Subway. You may have that one store where they put a little extra cheese or meat in because they're just overall good vibes and chugging along.

And then some other store isn't so lucky so they've got corporate breathing down their neck about portion control.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Not prime

Not prime Well-Known Member

Cool but why Hasbro even made blaster? Hasbro made plenty of blasters before 

10. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

Cartoon colors to match the on screen look.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

News Credits:
    That's kinda their MO. You'll catch on soon

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    -Universe 2.0 Blaster was a straight-up Cybertron Soundwave redeco
    -Generations FOC Blaster was a Soundwave redeco with some retooling
    -Titans Return Blaster was a retool of an obnoxiously oversized Soundwave with a tiny face
    -Kingdom/Legacy Blaster had some odd deco choices and is usually discolored by now because of some bad plastic batches that Hasbro took four years to get rid of
    And if you want to dig into the Takara side of things, Device Label was tiny and the Binaltech was a Skids repaint.

• Like Like x 6
  13. jellowd2

jellowd2 Well-Known Member

He isnt supposed to be in stores right? Oh yea who the hell cares!

14. BethCyra

BethCyra I NEED MP BiG CONVOY (Rumored)

I’ve started checking targets hoping to get him.

That said I getting him more for the potential of the tape children. I love Steel Jaw, Ramhorn, and Flip Side and would love to get them as some point.

So far no luck though dang it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I get that, but that's how it should work.

If an item is street dated and can't be sold until then, it should not be out on the sales floor.
    They're system should be preventing them from putting it out early.
    I work at Walmart. I have never heard of anyone running into this problem here.
    Hell, I've actually seen stuff in our backroom still sitting well past it's street date.
    But I know of no instance where something is put out before it's date, if it has one.

16. Rockdown

Rockdown Dream Commander

Ebay:
    Lol

17. johnny48

Too bad, so sad. We don’t live in a perfect world where our undying collecting addictions can be fed at every companies’ whim when a figure is put on shelves by accident.
    There’s no use complaining or fighting it, it’ll never change.

• Like Like x 1
  18. johnny48

upload_2024-3-24_1-44-39.gif

• Like Like x 3
  19. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Given the state of the world at the moment- that is a sin.

• Like Like x 1
  20. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    Global problems on one hand. Toy embargo date on the other. You put it ever so eloquently.