Transformers Statues how much of a market actually exists

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by grimlock1972, Aug 22, 2016.

1. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    This has always puzzled me. why anyone would pay out the nose for these high end non transforming statues of Transformers character.

Do not get me wrong they look great and are articulated in many cases but the non transforming bit kills them for me as does the huge prices many of them command.

The older statues did not and still do not seem to draw these kind of prices.

Action masters showed a longtime ago the demand for non transforming transformers is very limited and i can't see it having grown in the years since. I can imagine the current ones might draw sales from those who like statues of popular characters in current or classic media.

Even so i just do not see enough demand out there, but perhaps that could help explain the high prices as they need a great margin on costs to make up for lack of significant sales volume.

They still make the things so i suppose some one is buying them.

2. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

If people keep making them, it must mean there are people buying them. Some people like to collect statues but I'm with you. I prefer Transformers to be transformable and in general, I like high end articulated toys instead of statues so I can choose the pose instead of being stuck with just one.

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Because they look like this?

[​IMG]

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Like I said Tikgnat they look great but i refer my transformers to Transform.