Transformers Spreadsheet ??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RedAlert Rescue, Oct 20, 2011.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Hi fellow Humans.

I just was wondering if anyone had or had ever thought about having a spreadsheet or similar to keep track of their collections.

I just realised when reading about the listener question on the podcast about what was the 1st toy in a given line bought that I didn't have a clue.

And perhaps it probably should have been a good idea to keep a record of things like that.

So I was wondering has anyone been doing this and has any one got any tips for creating such a thing ?

What programme to use and tips on setting it up etc...

Thanks in advance flesh creatures.

2. Primal_Grimlock

Primal_Grimlock Gone because someone had their cat declawed. Grr.

Alarmingly, yes. I currently keep two notebooks of what I have, one of which I keep with me, but I've thought of creating a spreadsheet...

3. WingedWeasel

WingedWeasel Well-Known Member

I've been using shmax.com. I haven't done the download collection feature yet so I can't speak to it but it has been pretty useful

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My girlfriend helped me start a spread sheet of what I have. We just used the Open Office spread sheet program and organized it by series, name, faction, manufacturer, and extra notes (included figures, if it's a gift set, stuff like that). Not terribly efficient, but it's something.

5. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    I started a spreadsheet a while ago. I mostly use MS Excel 07. You can actually take a look at what I've got on my website, where it says "Frank's Collection"

the Repair Bay

6. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    No. To be honest I can pretty much remember all the transformers I've bought in the last 4 years.

I'm sure it would be easy enough to setup a spreadsheet though. Even if it does sound like anti-fun.

7. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I actually just have a simple spreads sheet. It has the line the figure came in, the figure and the price I paid for it.

8. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I use google docs to keep track of mine :) 

9. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I keep my wanted list on a spreadsheet separate retail, KO, 3rd party, and brave toys. I have made a spreadsheet but only of Brave toys. I can remember most of the Tfs I've bought off the top of my head.

10. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    Google Docs my friend. That away you can access a spreadsheet of your collection where ever you go (at work, on your phone, etc.). I have my spreadsheet broken down by:

G1 / G2 / RID / Armada / Energon / Cybertron / Classics (includes Classics/Universe 2.0/Generations/Henkei/United/RTS/and select HFTD) / Movies / MP / OTCC-Botcon / Third-Party / Device Label / Alternators-Binaltech

11. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I have one Excel worksheet for each line all bundled in the same workbook. Each sheet is broken down by faction, size class, name, quantity and how many bots in a package (i.e. two for an armada bot and his minicon). Sadly I have not updated it since early on during ROTF.

I first started it back when I was completing my US G1 collection 8 or 9 years ago. After buying a couple of duplicate figures, it was the best way to remember which ones I need to acquire.

12. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had a spreadsheet that was extremely detailed but when my car got broken into and my bag stolen I realized I didn't have a backup.

shmax was painfully slow the first time I tried to use it. I may take another stab at it again.

a friend told me a botcon about a program used for collectibles that fast and can export to spreadsheets which cost about $25 but he said it was worth it. i'd have to go dig up the name of it though.

13. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I mainly just go by factions and then have colors representing the series. Then have a number total list going by series and faction count.

14. Blot

Blot The most disgusting of all Transformers.

News Credits:
    I just have a word doc with a list of my toys, but I have a spreadsheet for each line with the characters' tech specs.

15. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

Yep! I have a spreadsheet, and actually am creating a small website with picks and stuff of my collection...IT nerd...

16. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. I use google docs too for that same reason.

17. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Excel spreadsheet.

All G1 toys listed. I've marked on what I have as well as weapons and boxes etc.

I can send you it if you would like to use it as a template. Change to your preference though.

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I have an excel workbook. It contains 4 pages: Wishlist (what I want Hasbro to make), Want (stuff already out in some capacity that I want), Have (self-explanatory), and Tally (just keeps track of the numbers)

For organization purposes, most toylines are color coded, and each size class has its own font.

It works very well for me, so I might upload a copy later so that anybody else can use it.

19. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    I don't know how long ago that was, but its not slow now. You can also export your collection on Shmax to a spreadsheet as well, although I only did it out of curiosity. My PC at home won't let me open Excel.

20. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I use shmax too. The download feature is neat and the site seems to run at a pretty good speed now.